PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins 2019 - 2020

I love watching the Bruins. They are looking good this year (despite Tuuka Puke-a in Montreal the other night). Mostly solid goal-tending and a lot more speed/youth, and a Pasta party every night! I also find them to be a welcome relief from the "drama" of the Pats. I know it's a different sport and a long season, and it doesn't really compare with football season, but I like how they just go out and play. No Chara moving to CT, no cheating allegations, no new drama every week. Ahhh. Now, if they could just sustain it through Game 7 of the Stanley Cup!

Rask vs Bob ... should be a good one.

I can't believe they blew a four goal lead in the third period. Absolutely brutal. And why are they so bad in shootouts. They were playing so well not to long ago.

Again...this is NOT a recording:

Toooka Rask feckin Sucks.

He's a feckin Disgrace to the uniform.

Biggest waste of money in Ruins history...Period.

I love watching the Bruins. They are looking good this year (despite Tuuka Puke-a in Montreal the other night). Mostly solid goal-tending and a lot more speed/youth, and a Pasta party every night! I also find them to be a welcome relief from the "drama" of the Pats. I know it's a different sport and a long season, and it doesn't really compare with football season, but I like how they just go out and play. No Chara moving to CT, no cheating allegations, no new drama every week. Ahhh. Now, if they could just sustain it through Game 7 of the Stanley Cup!
D a m m i t I am a jinx. Ever since I posted this the Bruins have lost. Sorry everyone!

Again...this is NOT a recording:

Toooka Rask feckin Sucks.

He's a feckin Disgrace to the uniform.

Biggest waste of money in Ruins history...Period.
While I don't agree completely, he is inconsistent and it's maddening. Also, as soon as it goes to a shootout you know the Bruins are going to lose. He can't stop 3 shots and the Bruins usually can't make one. GRRRR!

(PS - I still like watching them though...)

D a m m i t I am a jinx. Ever since I posted this the Bruins have lost. Sorry everyone!

Well at least you're sorry. Now say a couple of Hail Orrs, then go forth and sin no more.

Last edited:
WWBD if the Patriots were up 28-0 and then lost the game?

He would certainly do something before the next game, even if he doesn't announce it at the podium right then and there...not these choke-artist losers, however; it will just be more of the same old - same old.

While I don't agree completely, he is inconsistent and it's maddening. Also, as soon as it goes to a shootout you know the Bruins are going to lose. He can't stop 3 shots and the Bruins usually can't make one. GRRRR!

(PS - I still like watching them though...)
i thought they have been bad for years in a shootout situation. ill have to look up the stats but it seems they are always loosing the shootouts. Maddening indeed.

*EDIT* Bruins are #24 out of 31 in the league with a .457 win % in a shootout. not good at all

i thought they have been bad for years in a shootout situation. ill have to look up the stats but it seems they are always loosing the shootouts. Maddening indeed.

*EDIT* Bruins are #24 out of 31 in the league with a .457 win % in a shootout. not good at all
You would think they would practice "shoot out shots" more. I can't stand the way they almost all go really slowly towards the goalie with some kind of "serpentine Shelley!" moves (yes, that is an Inlaws reference ), get too close and then either miss the shot completely or shoot it right into the goalie's pads. I like Bruce Cassidy, but unlike BB, I don't think there is any "What would Bruce do? " thinking going on here. You can bet if the Patriots had to win a fair amount of games in a shootout, they would be more prepared for the situation. Sigh.

OoXy0j.gif

this losing streak could easily become 6 games. the leafs on the rd and the capitals sat. ill be at the game sat. i hope my presence will inspire them to reach a level of play they have only dreamed about :D.

My grandson stopped by on his way home to watch the 1st period. During the last commercial break before the end of the period he looked at me and said "The Leafs are kinda like the Colts, soft but somehow still annoying and in spite of constantly gettin' punked their fans somehow still think they're the second coming."

I love that kid.

No Bergie, Krug, DeBrusk, Backes or Ritchie tonight against an intact and impressive Caps squad...ugh

Tough to criticize a team that went to the cup finals last season and currently lead their division.... but here goes
Issue #1 .... the team cannot clear the puck. I’ve never seen a team close ranks in their defensive end while opponents carry play in their end for 30, 40, 60 seconds. Their rope a dope style is maddening.
Issue #2..... Regular season hockey is not playoff hockey and the space and freedom the Perfection Line has now vanished in the playoffs last year when teams had moderate success playing physical hockey against the smaller Pasta and Rat. Boston is a top heavy team and when their quick little guys were so pummeled by the end of the playoffs and seeing ghosts, St Louis had their cup. Pasta and Rat were shells at the end.
This year ....Same team..... less effective Burgeron.
The good news.... most teams look weaker this year (works for the Pats most years)

You would think they would practice "shoot out shots" more. I can't stand the way they almost all go really slowly towards the goalie with some kind of "serpentine Shelley!" moves (yes, that is an Inlaws reference ), get too close and then either miss the shot completely or shoot it right into the goalie's pads. I like Bruce Cassidy, but unlike BB, I don't think there is any "What would Bruce do? " thinking going on here. You can bet if the Patriots had to win a fair amount of games in a shootout, they would be more prepared for the situation. Sigh.

The curse of the shoot out strikes again.

The curse of the shoot out strikes again.
its unbelievable. the bruins have a better chance at scoring 5 on 5 than they do in the shootout. they have lost to all the teams they have trouble with this year. tampa the habs and the caps. and chocking away games in the third period is extremely frustrating to say the least. the injuries are getting out of control.

Solid workmanlike effort tonight vs a team the B's should and did handle easily. Given what happened under the same circumstance vs the Wings it was good to see

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back