PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins 2015-2016

I know so many people who did not renew their Bs season tix for next year. IIRC prices are going up again. Going up and product on the ice is going down. But that's the Jacobs way. They are going to have a hard time selling tickets next year I feel. Fans are sick of this 2 years in a row now ( and probably 3 years in a row). The boo's were raining down vs Ott. I went to 10 games this year including the WC..they went 1-9 in those games. Sub .500 at home this year. In Boston, that doesn't cut it with diehards like myself..it shouldn;t cut it with any fan.

How do you play so good on the road...and so bad at home.

And....

One tweet from DJ Bean sums it up pretty well, and the bolded part is what annoys me:

Bruins goals were to develop young guys, get better and make playoffs. They essentially accomplished none of it

I didn't care about the playoffs, and I was more than willing to see the team take a step back in order to develop the young players. That they essentially went 0-3 is where they lost me, and it's why the trade deadline deals really left a bitter taste in my mouth.

And....

One tweet from DJ Bean sums it up pretty well, and the bolded part is what annoys me:

I didn't care about the playoffs, and I was more than willing to see the team take a step back in order to develop the young players. That they essentially went 0-3 is where they lost me, and it's why the trade deadline deals really left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I read that entire article the other day and he hit the nail on the head with Julien:

Like with the Chiarelli move, firing Julien will be excused by local hockey fans because “it’s just time for a change even if the coach is one of the few good things the team has” is just as smart a thing to think as “this player cares more than that player because he checks more,” yet these are real life thoughts that real people think.

Such a move will be mocked by the rest of the hockey world. There was at least a smoking gun with Chiarelli, but Julien’s handling of this season’s roster was far better than the job management did assembling it. There wouldn’t be a “Julien plays Jimmy Hayes too much” argument if the team hadn’t traded for and then given a three-year contract to Jimmy Hayes. By the way, Reilly Smith had 24 goals this season.

There wouldn’t have been the agony over Kevan Miller’s minutes if the Bruins had either gotten better top-four defensemen or told Julien that Colin Miller’s development was more important than making the playoffs. Julien can do a lot of things – gameplan to take away other teams’ top scorers, find ways to consistently finish top five in scoring, raise the effectiveness of average defensemen and even develop young players – but he can’t do everything at once. He certainly couldn’t do it with the roster he had.
/QUOTE]

I read that entire article the other day and he hit the nail on the head with Julien:

Ehh.... I agree that he made some good points. This kind of crap, though, essentially presenting the situation as an either/or, when it's obviously not that cut and dry, undercuts his Julien argument:

There wouldn’t have been the agony over Kevan Miller’s minutes if the Bruins had either gotten better top-four defensemen or told Julien that Colin Miller’s development was more important than making the playoffs.

75% of Boston will say "about time he was fired" only to regret this move IMO when we miss the playoffs again and we see that maybe the grass isn't greener on the other side.

I get people want change. But if you changed the FO instead of the coach..it will end up better than getting a new coach..but keeping the FO because those same guys will still make the stupid Rinaldo trades...Hayes deals...Connolly move ect ect ect.

I just don't see a scenario where this team gets better by dumping the best coach out there/is available right now. With the roster staying the same.

Learning a whole new system will take time and i just don't want to deal with this..along with more awful trade/deals this team will still make.

No matter how you cut it this team is mediocre at best right now and will be for some time

Let me add...If this team were to ever hire Milbury ( that report scared me..big time)...i would be 100% done....done

I get people want change. But if you changed the FO instead of the coach..it will end up better than getting a new coach..but keeping the FO because those same guys will still make the stupid Rinaldo trades...Hayes deals...Connolly move ect ect ect.

They did change the front office. The front office force behind the collapse of the last 3 seasons is now in Edmonton. What I don't understand is your position that Claude should be safe despite a history of collapses that goes well beyond just this season, but Neely/Sweeney should be on the hook after just one year, when they were handed a **** sandwich that's going to take years to fix.

Kessel wanting out of Boston was largely on Julien, and that eventually led to Seguin and Hamilton. That would be great, except.....
Seguin got shipped out (seems to have been an organizational screw up (of epic proportions), but Julien was a big part of it, and it's certainly not all on Neely/Sweeney)
Hamilton ended up wanting out (that isn't on Neely/Sweeney)
Boychuk getting traded away isn't on Neely/Sweeney
Thornton not being brought back isn't on Neely/Sweeney
The ridiculous number of inflated, no move/trade, contracts isn't on Neely/Sweeney

They did change the front office. The front office force behind the collapse of the last 3 seasons is now in Edmonton. What I don't understand is your position that Claude should be safe despite a history of collapses that goes well beyond just this season, but Neely/Sweeney should be on the hook after just one year, when they were handed a **** sandwich that's going to take years to fix.

It goes both ways then. Claude was also handed a **** sandwich the past few years and did what he could with what he had

It goes both ways then. Claude was also handed a **** sandwich the past few years and did what he could with what he had

No, he wasn't. Now you're going down the road of crazy talk, rather than thinking rationally.

No, he wasn't. Now you're going down the road of crazy talk, rather than thinking rationally.

So you want to keep the front office the same then? Haha. Okay good luck with that

So you want to keep the front office the same then? Haha. Okay good luck with that

Stop. Just stop. This front office has been in place for less than a calendar year, and you're throwing years' worth of failure on them, while excusing Julien for everything.

You're not even trying to think at this point. You're just knee jerking.

Last edited:
The worst part about where they finished was no playoffs and no experience for the young guys..and not a good enough pick in the draft to have that player come right in and help from the get go. Either make the playoffs or suck your ass off

CJs jobs sounds safe

Thats ridiculous. Im sorry..

Nothing against CJ. Might be the greatest coach in teams history, but his time here should be done. The Bruins have always been an inconsistent team under his watch. Theres been 2 Winter Classis this team as hosted, and both times, in particular this past January's game, the teams come out flat. Embarrasingly flat.

He might have not been giving the best of rosters to work with, but it was good enough to be in a playoff spot for 70 games. He choked away the last couple of weeks of the season. Thats on him.

And Sweeney somewhat saying this team doesn't need a major overhaul is a JOKE. Why keep the coach if you are going to give him the same tools to fail with again? If you keep Claude which they are..you make roster moves. And they better...

I don't care about cj keeping his job because i don't trust Sweeney neely to hire the right guy to replace him. the bruins are a dysfunctional mess. the more i hear Sweeney talk the more i long for the return of Chiarelli. has Sweeney made any good moves at all? has anything he's done worked out? somebody refresh my memory.

And Sweeney somewhat saying this team doesn't need a major overhaul is a JOKE. Why keep the coach if you are going to give him the same tools to fail with again? If you keep Claude which they are..you make roster moves. And they better...

Why would he admit that he was going to overhaul his roster? What would that benefit?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back