PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruce Irvin cut by Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
They lost 34-3 to someone who had never thrown a pass in the league vs a team that had one win going into the evening. They hardly even played Irvin that game, for some reason. The Raiders stink.

what are we? 29th on waivers?
We’ll certainly be waiting on that list.

Irvin also seems more like a guy that was swept into the Gruden house cleaning. Several teams will likely be willing to put in a claim.

Why would it be waivers if he's a long time vet?

Current cap hit is approximately one half of $8,250,000, and the Patriots are down near the bottom of the waiver list.

Perhaps he'll pass through waivers since teams don't think picking up his salary is worth it. But I've seen him take some really stupid penalties. Maybe that's enough to keep Belichick away.

I hope Oakland releases Lynch from IR.

He was the leader of the crap.
Always ugly to watch a guy giving up on his teammates even if franchise gave up on him & team.

Watching them get trashed by the 9ers was a masterpiece! Gruden was a nostalgic signing ala Joe Gibbs with the Redskins. The Raiders made a huge mistake hiring Gruden and I only see this getting worse. 1st round picks are great, but you better hit on them which they probably won’t.

With that being said, I’d take Irvin if he clears waivers but look for him to go back to Seattle or a scheme similar like the 9ers, Falcons, Jaguars, etc.

I'm pretty sure his cap hit right now is $4M like luuked mentioned (since it's after the trade deadline). That being said, will anyone want to claim him at that sort of hit?

Sign him so that Gronk can get his mojo before games by beating the hell out of him in practice like in the Super Bowl.
I’d rather sign him to improve the pass rush. I think Gronk is just coasting right now. We will see the dominant Gronk when it matters most.

So do we get the guy?

How good is he these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots