PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos sign Aqib Talib

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say, though, that if this team bucks the bargain basement trend and actually signs Revis while getting Woodyard and using the draft to add a DE to the rotation along with maybe Easley as a 3-tech and a head hunting safety like Bucannon (or someone big with range like Exum or McGill), this defense will be a lot better than it was last year. If Revis signs with this team, I will come into this thread and admit, in big bold letters, that I am a mega ***hole.

Right there is enough reason for me to desperately want the Pats to sign Revis. :D:rocker:

Hopefully Amendola returns in kind the Welker hit to Talib back again to Talib when we play them next year;)

Yeah **** him for not turning down a bajillion dollars for me. I know we all whined incessantly when it happened but now it's justified! This is right up there with your gay-bashing posts.

If the Patriots pull a few quality signings (not necessarily big money, but quality), the board will calm down. If the Patriots pull off the Revis thing, this board will party like it just won the Super Bowl, and the Jets boards will melt down.

Yesterday was a bad day for the Patriots. Today's a new day. We get to rant and/or cheer all over again. And that's what sports are about.

That's it. There are still viable options like Tillman and Browner that the team can pull out without even signing Revis. I'm happy that Woodyard is visiting and hope he stays. Playing the Mike was not his strongsuit last year and he could bounce back here if the team uses him right. But, other than Woodyard, the team is bringing in Brandon Lafell for a visit. He's merely a guy that doesn't work outside of the numbers and struggles to get separation. Whether there are better moves waiting behind that remains to be seen. I have trouble believing that the team is going to dust off their wallet and pay Revis, but I've been wrong before.

Right there is enough reason for me to desperately want the Pats to sign Revis. :D:rocker:

Speaking of *******s where you at Shmessy?:D

Conveniently excluding the highly rated CB ( out of your top 4)because he doesn't help your argument doesn't exactly "nail" it. But whatever gets you through the day I guess. Lets just agree to disagree.

What part of "I had listed my top 4 before FA started" is escaping you? Are you mentally incapable of understanding that my rankings were what mattered to me, since it was me doing the ranking, and not the rankings of CBS?

By the way, Walter Football didn't have either Verner OR Talib in their top 5, PFF (I know) had Talib as the #2 CB, and other sites have them ranked in all sorts of different ways.

Well I'll freely admit that in 10-12 point font. Using bolded text in 72 point font will only come if Revis joins the squad. Hell, I'll even throw in some italics and an underline for good measure.

Ummm...so you think it was BECAUSE of Talib that we couldnt beat Denver.....Did u see that game?

We all did.

He was on the bench nursing his oft-reinjured hip.

Any more questions?

Can we give it up to Talib's Agent masterfull job Elway's a gambler it might pay off it might not. But he has WIN NOW! personality...Manning isn't getting any younger and Franchise QB's don't fall off trees. Tom Brady has Three Years Tops in this leage barring injuries...wouldn't you sell out in the hope of getting him one more ring hoist another Lombardi? The Broncos are going to be stacked on both sides of the ball unfortunately we are NOT!

I don't know, because I don't know the alternative plans the Patriots had, and I don't have all the details of the contract. I do know that, at first blush, the contract is in line with what the other top CBs got, and that's a fair contract for Talib. Talib was a top 4 corner in this draft. Talib's getting paid like a top 4 corner in this draft.

I would not have paid it. And no, it's not really in line with the others.
Talib got 6/57 with 28 million guaranteed.

Grimes got 4/32 with 16 guaranteed. That's a million/year+ less than Talib and 12 million less guaranteed. I would take Grimes over Talib, personally.

Verner got 4/26.5 with 14 guaranteed.

Davis and Shields were both overpaid, imo, but in teams where they were known commodities and fits (given Talib's history, can this really be ignored?):

Davis got 4/39 with $20 guaranteed.
Shields got 4/39 but with ? guaranteed (less than the 16 for Grimes is all I could find).

So the BEST of those contracts - Davis - paid to a guy known in a system, had $8 million less in guarantees than Talib's deal. Unless the details of Talib's deal are very play-time dependent, his deal looks like the worst for the teams BY FAR.

So while I'm pissed that Talib is gone, I'm not sure how much less pissed I'd be if the Pats locked onto a contract like that.

Hopefully Amendola returns in kind the Welker hit to Talib back again to Talib when we play them next year;)

My money is on Amendola getting injured on that exchange.

Well I'll freely admit that in 10-12 point font. Using bolded text in 72 point font will only come if Revis joins the squad. Hell, I'll even throw in some italics and an underline for good measure.

What?!? Not willing to use a turquoise color and Arial Black for the font too boot? Way to step up!

We all did.

He was on the bench nursing his oft-reinjured hip.

Any more questions?

I think he was nursing his ribs. He can thank his new team mate for that.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

What a thread.

It's sort of embarrassing to see the level of criticism at Belichick because he didn't pay Aqib Talib as much as Denver did.

Weed is legal in Denver but not for the Broncos.

Someone please help me. How can a team be in a league with a salary cap and be considered cheap?

I can't wait to see the reaction of the 'experts' here who are complaining if the Pats beat Denver next year. That thread will be fun reading.

I don't ever tell fans to find another team if they don't agree with the moves the Pats make. They have that right for sure. It's just that the FA lovers need to really set their sights a lot lower.

It's pretty clear that BB is more confident in the ability of Kyle Arrington than many of the posters here. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to side with BB on that. Does that make me a homer?

I'm not that much of a Talib fan, but many of the fans here have wished him well and thanked him in this thread.

Every season is different, and there's a long way to go before the team is set. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt until they stop winning so many games each year.

What part of "I had listed my top 4 before FA started" is escaping you? Are you mentally incapable of understanding that my rankings were what mattered to me, since it was me doing the ranking, and not the rankings of CBS?

By the way, Walter Football didn't have either Verner OR Talib in their top 5, PFF (I know) had Talib as the #2 CB, and other sites have them ranked in all sorts of different ways.

I see a theme...... Oh and thank you for your concern about my mental capabilities but you are nowhere near qualified to be judging anyone on that. Now back on your high horse.

Can we give it up to Talib's Agent masterfull job Elway's a gambler it might pay off it might not. But he has WIN NOW! personality...Manning isn't getting any younger and Franchise QB's don't fall off trees. Tom Brady has Three Years Tops in this leage barring injuries...wouldn't you sell out in the hope of getting him one more ring hoist another Lombardi? The Broncos are going to be stacked on both sides of the ball unfortunately we are NOT!

I think Brady has more than three years tops. I think he could play to 41 or 42 the way he is going. He might only have 2-3 years of elite talent.

Manning though has a shorter window. His physical skills are diminishing faster than Brady's (his arm strength has gone to **** and relying on the short passing game). He is a year older and played three more seasons. Even if Manning continues playing, this may be the last year that he plays with the Broncos.

I guess if we play the donks again, a healthy Talib will match up a healthy Gronk.

Gronk 1 - Talib 0

Or both of them are out injured. lol.

What a thread.

It's sort of embarrassing to see the level of criticism at Belichick because he didn't pay Aqib Talib as much as Denver did.

Weed is legal in Denver but not for the Broncos.

Some please help me, I'm begging. How can a team be in a league with a salary cap and be considered cheap?

I can't wait to see the reaction of the 'experts' here who are complaining if the Pats beat Denver next year. That thread will be fun reading.

I don't ever tell fans to find another team if they don't agree with the moves the Pats make. They have that right for sure. It's just that the FA lovers need to really set their sights a lot lower.

It's pretty clear that BB is more confident in the ability of Kyle Arrington than many of the posters here. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to side with BB on that. Does that make me a homer?

I'm not that much of a Talib fan, but many of the fans here have wished him well and thanked him in this thread.

Every season is different, and there's a long way to go before the team is set. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt until they stop winning so many games each year.

I really do wonder what he sees in Arrington to overpay him. But never question it. Ever. He must be good.

Bob Kraft, did Talib's agent mis-judge the market value for his client ? :D

My initial reaction to the news that Talib went to the Broncos

ivDgOHN9zcOeg.gif

But then seeing the contract they just gave out to a guy who's hip is on it's way to the BO Jackson Hall of Fame

196fuarapyylmgif.gif

This is not good, Broncos learned thatPeyton can't win them a championship, so get a championship like defense. Talib and Ward will help a porous secondary and with Von and possibly Ware to go along with pot roast form a scary d-line. I really don't like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back