PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos Cut Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting link, something to read on a slow day.

Most teams use cut blocks, the problem for the Pats this Sunday is Denver's line is infamous for the chop block, where one OL is drive blocking on the DL, and a second OL dives in to the DL's legs. Atlanta, current home of the filthy Alex Gibbs who teaches this technique and started it at Denver, was doing it on almost every play in the pre-season and was completely ignored by the officials.

The best place to watch for a good cut block by either the Denver line or the Patriots, is on the backside of a stretch play. You'll often see the OT cutting the DT and ignoring the DE, this is intended to free up the OG to get out on a LB. Another place you see them are quick throws into the flat, Gorin was quite good at cutting the legs out from under the DE as he pass rushed - it isn't as important to get him on the ground as it is to force his hands down so Tommy has a clear throwing lane.

I wonder if this will mean Britt or Kaczur (Reese reported that Britt took a lot of snaps at LT) will get the Nod over light this week considering he already has somewhat of a bum knee. Not sure if it is worth the risk of further injury? What do you guys think?

mgcolby said:
I wonder if this will mean Britt or Kaczur (Reese reported that Britt took a lot of snaps at LT) will get the Nod over light this week considering he already has somewhat of a bum knee. Not sure if it is worth the risk of further injury? What do you guys think?

I think I don't want Britt starting.

mgcolby said:

This should only concern our defense since it is their Offense that Chop blocks.

mgcolby said:

Ya that post confused me. Their OL will be cutting our DL. It won't make a difference for Light.

Wow I am a F*cking moron for that post. Just toss that one in the brainless column and let it go. I'll drop the bricks on myself..a couple of times.

:bricks: :bricks: :bricks:

mgcolby said:
Wow I am a F*cking moron for that post. Just toss that one in the brainless column and let it go. I'll drop the bricks on myself..a couple of times.

Your going to the game aren't you? Euphoria is a valid excuse for brain flatulence. :eat3:

mgcolby said:

I didn't even notice your error, I was so caught up in the thought of Britt starting.:eek:

Box_O_Rocks said:
Your going to the game aren't you? Euphoria is a valid excuse for brain flatulence. :eat3:

Thanks for the excuse! :D

zippo59 said:
I didn't even notice your error, I was so caught up in the thought of Britt starting.:eek:

Yeah after reading your post and then being alerted to my idiotic post I almost called you out for not calling me out. But I didn't think I was in a position to talk. :scared:

maybe our D-linemen should do what Mankins did if they are cutting and chopping. Only don't be so obvious about it.

In cases anyone forgot:
nutkick.gif

Who's Block and why did the Broncos cut him?

....sorry couldn't resist.

andyguitar said:
Who's Block and why did the Broncos cut him?

....sorry couldn't resist.

You couldn't resist twice? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back