PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos are going to get killed in the SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patsfans whistling past the graveyard again...have we forgotten Patriots super bowls vs St Louis and the NYG twice in which the big underdog won? Don't underestimate the "last ride" for Manning theme either...

And I want Denver to get destroyed, but that Defense is too good and they have playmakers at all 3 levels

Patsfans whistling past the graveyard again...have we forgotten Patriots super bowls vs St Louis and the NYG twice in which the big underdog won? Don't underestimate the "last ride" for Manning theme either...

And I want Denver to get destroyed, but that Defense is too good and they have playmakers at all 3 levels

Denver had the "best offense of all time" in 2013 and that didn't help them. If we were able to get as much pressure as we did in the 2nd half, Carolina will be able to abuse him all game long. I don't see Denver being able to run the ball on Carolina either.

Their defense is definitely a lot better than in 2013, but individual units don't win championships anymore. They'll need a lot more than that to beat a very complete team like the Panthers.

The Panthers don't need to dominate Denver's defense to amass a large point total. They have an opportunistic defense of their own that has the most takeaways in the league this year that can give them great field position.

I have the Panthers wining a close 20-17 game. Denver's defense will keep them in the game and the offense will play extremely conservatively.

real salty.

no...REALITY

It's OK...we know you hate the northeast and we know you STILL want to rip and tear away at US, the fans of New England, for being "cheaters", because , well, you and your ilk are basically sub-moronic media sheep.You are the typical gutless, uninformed, midwestern inbred mouthbreather that historically has shown a deep seated hatred and bigotry for all things "Bahstan". You have zero ability to comprehend simple physical LAWS that demonstrate beyond ANY shred of doubt that your precious "Deflategate' hate filled bias is nothing more than sub-mongoloidal bigotry at its' worst.

What NFL Offices and Goodell have tried to pull on ALL of us NFL fans is completely lost on hater pinheads like you who casually dismiss REAL disgusting , abhorrent and detestable incidents like the Manning sexual assault case and the illegal use of HGH to cheat his way back on the field. Enjoy the beatdown in two weeks...you can be satisfied that you never saw it coming and proud that you're still a moronic member of Ignoroid Nation.

Last edited:
super salty.

Von destroyed Cam by spying him a year or two back. 7 sacks. 7 sacks.... And that was with a mediocre Denver D.

Your analysis is comically bad.

A game that happened back in November of '12. 3.5 seasons ago.

Mediocre denver d? I believe that defense was #2 in yards allowed and #4 in points allowed. It was a top 5 defense.

carolina is a much better team overall now. Their defense is very good. They just dismantled the best two teams in the NFC. Ya seattle made it a game but it was 31-0 at HT. Panthers took their foot off the throat. They didn't make the same mistake against arizona.

Carolina's OL for that game
Jordan Gross- Amini Silatolu- Geoff Hangartner- Garry Williams- Byron Bell

Carolina's OL for the SB
Michael Oher- Andrew Norwell- Ryan Kalil - Trai Turner- Mike Remmers

Complete different OL. newton is a much better QB now.

Then there is manning who outside of 2 TD drives, 1 that shouldn't have even happened if the steelers #3 RB held onto the ball and the other that was aided by a ticky tack PI call on 3rd and 10, can't move the ball at all

5 plays 20 yards FG
3 plays 8 yards PUNT
4 plays 8 yards FG
7 plays 37 yards PUNT
3 plays 6 yards PUNT
5 plays 22 yards DOWNS
11 plays 62 yards FG
5 plays 15 yards PUNT
4 plays 18 yards PUNT
7 plays 30 yards FG
4 plays 34 yards PUNT
4 plays 3 yards FG
3 plays 4 yards PUNT
2 plays -4 yards FUMBLE
3 plays, 16 yards TD
3 plays 5 yards PUNT
3 plays -4 yards PUNT
6 plays 23 yards FG
7 plays 34 yards PUNT
3 plays -3 yards PUNT
10 plays 48 yards FG
3 plays 3 yards PUNT
3 plays 0 yards PUNT

10 drives that ended in success (7 FGs 3 TD) (6 of those drives started in the opponents territory)
16 drives that ended in failure

6 out of his 10 scoring drives where he started in opponents territory and he managed 1 TD. That 1 TD came from starting at the Pats 16 yard line.

Only 8 of his 26 (30%) drives in the playoffs have gone more than 25 yards.

manning who lead the league in ints and he missed like 5 games

vs

panthers d who led the league in ints with 24 and just had another 6 ints in the last 2 games.

And now there is no more mile high advantage for the donkeys anymore.

Last edited:
This isn't a classic TOP DEFENSE vs TOP OFFENSE game. Both defenses are extremely solid, however, Panthers have the edge on offense.

Denver has experience which counts for something I guess.

super salty.

Von destroyed Cam by spying him a year or two back. 7 sacks. 7 sacks.... And that was with a mediocre Denver D.

You're right escpically considering Cam is the same QB he was last year let a alone 2 ****ing years ago

Comical

Another thing you guys overlook is the extremely potent home field advantage the Panthers' enjoyed this year. On a neutral field, things could be different. They are balling out of their minds in the playoffs but it's such a tiny sample size of two home games. Based on the regular season stats these two teams were extremely close and the Broncos had a superior defense. It wasn't just attacking the QB, if I remember the stats correctly they were elite on all three fronts, stopping the run, against the pass and on special teams as well. That's a very, very good defense.

Another thing you guys overlook is the extremely potent home field advantage the Panthers' enjoyed this year. On a neutral field, things could be different. They are balling out of their minds in the playoffs but it's such a tiny sample size of two home games. Based on the regular season stats these two teams were extremely close and the Broncos had a superior defense. It wasn't just attacking the QB, if I remember the stats correctly they were elite on all three fronts, stopping the run, against the pass and on special teams as well. That's a very, very good defense.

And the Broncos HFA isn't potent?

And the Broncos HFA isn't potent?

It is, but I think they are objectively the more experienced team, one that could probably handle the neutral field better. I also think that they are going to be more desperate, better focused because of the last Super Bowl experience. I guess we'll see, I wouldn't be shocked if the Broncos lose by 10-13 points btw, what I cannot envision right now is the huge beatdown you guys - so predictably - expect. Of course that could happen too, I mean it's sports, I just don't anticipate it to happen.

Cam is in his 5th year! He knows a thing or two and has learned from 3 years ago. He will be more than a match for the Denver defense.

It is, but I think they are objectively the more experienced team, one that could probably handle the neutral field better. I also think that they are going to be more desperate, better focused because of the last Super Bowl experience. I guess we'll see, I wouldn't be shocked if the Broncos lose by 10-13 points btw, what I cannot envision right now is the huge beatdown you guys - so predictably - expect. Of course that could happen too, I mean it's sports, I just don't anticipate it to happen.

Experience does not matter much. Denver had the more experienced team in 2013 and it didn't help them at all.

Experience does not matter much. Denver had the more experienced team in 2013 and it didn't help them at all.

I doesn't always matter, which is not the same thing. I also think that this painful past experience could actually help the Broncos this time. Again, we won't know until the game is over but I do think that you guys are blinded by your hatred towards Manning and the Broncos and can't see this objectively. You could very well turn out to be right but expecting that outcome is really not much different than expecting your team to easily defeat the Broncos at Mile High despite the fact that you were 1-5 in the previous six.

I doesn't always matter, which is not the same thing. I also think that this painful past experience could actually help the Broncos this time. Again, we won't know until the game is over but I do think that you guys are blinded by your hatred towards Manning and the Broncos and can't see this objectively. You could very well turn out to be right but expecting that outcome is really not much different than expecting your team to easily defeat the Broncos at Mile High despite the fact that you were 1-5 in the previous six.

i didn't say manning and the broncos don't stand a chance. i think they have a very good team. I just think experience in the super bowl is overrated. Kubiak is coaching his first super bowl, whereas last time you had John Fox.

Can we temporarily ban every poster that agrees with this topic title please?

Can we temporarily ban every poster that agrees with this topic title please?

Why exactly? This is NOT like the morons who were parading around saying that the Pats were going to go into Denver and blow their doors in.

Carolina showed why they're 17-1 yesterday. They're the best team in the NFL by a country mile this season. Mind you, Denver's been sprinkling fairy dust everywhere this season so who knows when their luck will run out?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots