PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bring in WRs for Workouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

CISGS

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Don't care that there is only 3 weeks left.

Bring in Dez, Garcon, Crabtree. One of them has to be worth a spot, even if its only for insurance. We are an injury away from having Slater lined up in the slot.

None of those guys solves the separation issue. They’d also be trying to learn the offense.

I think this offense's future this year basically hinges on getting the same guys on the field every week and developing as a unit. In theory it's all there, the real question is if it gets sorted before the playoffs or not.
  • Sanu is clearly not ready to go physically yet after the ankle injury.
  • Dorsett has always been inconsistent/streaky but needs to at least chip in the odd big play like last year down the stretch.
  • Harry and/or Meyers need to really understand the playbook and quit botching routes.
IF those things happen, I think the offense will actually be effective. The problem from where we sit now is we have no idea if that will pan or not. We don't need the 2007 offense here, we just need a unit that can reliably put up some points and play complimentary football with the defense and special teams, instead of being an active liability to overcome.

AB is the only receiver who can help us. Otherwise we’re going to be watching depressed Tom on the sidelines for the rest of the year till elimination and then he leaves or retires in the offseason.

Nobody that's out there now is going to be an upgrade in any reasonable amount of time. Basically, I think they just need to bank on getting more from what they have, primarily Harry since he's the one guy with the athleticism to consistently beat coverage who isn't currently doing it.

I could have misread, but wouldn't anyone signed from this point on be ineligible for the playoff roster? In that case, while having some help to secure the division/bye/home field would be nice, do we really want to lose personnel AGAIN right before the do-or-die games?

Like it or not, this is the group we've got. The solution is internal or it isn't there.

Bring in Dez, Garcon, Crabtree. One of them has to be worth a spot, even if its only for insurance. We are an injury away from having Slater lined up in the slot.
Slater might be better than some of our receivers. Might as well give him a shot.

Belichick may as well ask Ian if anyone on this forum can play WR.

Dontrell Inman is a free agent. Aside from AB, he’s really the one that would make any sense at all, and, if he were better than what we have, would be here already.

There's no savior waiting in the wings. They will either solve their own problems or they won't.

There's no savior waiting in the wings. They will either solve their own problems or they won't.
Agreed, and the Pats overpaid for Sanu, who looks like a JAG. They needed to trade for Emmanuel Sanders, that's a perfect player for the Pats.

Or just 1 WR

Scouts are scouring rehab clinics and Twitter cafes as we speak

Agreed, and the Pats overpaid for Sanu, who looks like a JAG. They needed to trade for Emmanuel Sanders, that's a perfect player for the Pats.

player with a high ankle sprain looks like a JAG. Lol

Anyone remember Maurice Harris?

Crabtree and Dez, at their best, still had the same separation issues our current guys have.

They need someone who can beat man coverage. Crabtree and Dez never did that and certainly aren't capable of doing it now.

player with a high ankle sprain looks like a JAG. Lol

I wonder how many people who whine about Sanu actually noticed that Sanu had fewer snaps (19) than Harry due to still being hobbled by the high ankle sprain. They literally just brought him onto the field for third downs or bigger plays and even then he could only cut into one direction.

Anyone remember Maurice Harris?

If they were to bring in another receiver at this point, which I highly doubt, I think he would be the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes