Per ESPN, no link as of yet.

Brad Johnson will be taking over.

@ Rams
vs Buccaneers
@ Giants
Bye Week

Last edited:
OT: [BREAKING] Romo out 4 weeks with broken pinky on throwing hand

@Rams, Bucs, and @Giants coming up before the bye week too-they'll be 5-4...MAYBE.

This will be the final nail in Wade's coffin...book it.

Re: OT: [BREAKING]Romo out 4 weeks with broken pinky on throwing hand

@Rams, Bucs, and @Giants coming up before the bye week too-they'll be 5-4...MAYBE.

Oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

We are looking at a TOTAL T.O. meltdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Tony Romo out 4 weeks with broken right pinkie

Per ESPN, no link as of yet.

Brad Johnson will be taking over.

@ Rams
vs Buccaneers
@ Giants
Bye Week

I DOUBT this is a 4 week injury, really...when they play @Skins after the bye, he either won't be 100%, or just plain rusty, and he'll be going up against a very good Skins secondary to boot.

4-6 when all is said and done won't surprise me at all.

Do you have a link?

I know they wrote he went into the post game presser with a large bandage on his pinky.

If its going to happen, good time for Dallas really. Only 3 games and 1 against the Rams. The Giant game will hurt, but even if they lose them all, the NFC is still wide open. The Giants look like the only "lock" right now.

Too bad for him. While I don't like him, he is a good QB for their system when he takes care of the ball.

Could be worse, could be season ending so if I am dallas, I look on the bright side. Johnson can keep the ship straight until Romo comes back

Hey, it could be worse.

All Dallas fans have to do is look at New England...:rolleyes:

Hey, it could be worse.

All Dallas fans have to do is look at New England...:rolleyes:

I'll say this much...the Post-Parcells Curse is starting to hit us. It happened when he bolted the Giants late in the offseason, Ray Handley was their only emergency option. When he threw a hissy fit and did the same to your team, the Kraft family's only emergency option was "nice guy albeit experienced" Pete Carroll. Look at how the Jets have done since Parcells supposedly wanted to hang up the spurs for good. Same happened with us last year when Jerry had little time for a HC search, and his only 2 options were Wade and Norv.

I remember Giants and Pats fans warned our fan base when Parcells was hired in '03.

Re: Tony Romo out 4 weeks with broken right pinkie

It's lousy as fans when star players are out. Jints luck out and probably the Skins as well. Just amazing how one week cn change things.

Say what you will about Drew Bledsoe, but Tony Romo's out 4 weeks with a broken pinky finger

Bledsoe on the other hand, missed a game but then led the team on a comeback win against the Steelers with a broken INDEX finger and THEN had pins surgically inserted so he could start the next week against the Rams.

I'm not sure how comparable the injuries are, but a broken index finger on the throwing hand strikes me as a bit more serious than a pinky finger.

Say what you will about Drew Bledsoe, but Tony Romo's out 4 weeks with a broken pinky finger

Bledsoe on the other hand, missed a game but then led the team on a comeback win against the Steelers with a broken INDEX finger and THEN had pins surgically inserted so he could start the next week against the Rams.

I'm not sure how comparable the injuries are, but a broken index finger on the throwing hand strikes me as a bit more serious than a pinky finger.

Bledsoe was a lot tougher than he got credit for. He played hurt a lot and he was a good QB who helped start the turnaround in NE. He will always have a place in my heart, just not a huge one :)

I remember that Mon Night Miami game in '98. It looked like Miami was on their way to a win...the minute Bledsoe hit his hand on a Pats OL, they had to burn a crucial TO for him to take a break. The next minute, the Fins called an all out blitz, and Drew beat it for the winning score.

BTW-if memory serves, wasn't it also the same year when before the Pats had their second meeting with the Fins, Drew and Parcells had their weekly phone chat(being good friends et al), and Drew told BP that Terry Glenn wasn't going to play...ONLY for Parcells to call up Jimmy J and tell him Glenn wasn't going to play?

I remember Bledsoe came out a week or 2 later on the CBS pregame show and expressed his disgust.

Parcells is the lowest of the low! An absolute scum bag with no intergrity.
When he does it to the Dolphins, and he will, I will love every second of it. But the man is scum!

Re: OT: [BREAKING] Romo out 4 weeks with broken pinky on throwing hand

except they were smart enough to get a super bowl winning QB as their backup. brad johnson is miles better than Cassell. brad johnson will help that team win a few games during that 4 week stretch without romo. he's got weapons and has won before.

Romo out upto 4 Weeks!

Can the Giants get any luckier? They have a huge shot to repeat. Man - I wish TB was playing this year.....

Re: Romo out upto 4 Weeks!

Here's a link for the story:

ESPN - Romo 'down' after suffering broken pinkie in Cowboys' OT loss - NFL

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo has a broken finger on his throwing hand and could be out for up to four weeks.

Romo, who had started 30 straight regular-season games since replacing Drew Bledsoe in 2006, broke his right pinkie on the first play of overtime in a 30-24 loss at Arizona on Sunday, according to a posting on the team's official Web site. The injury will not require surgery, a member of the Cowboys' medical staff told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley.

Can the Giants get any luckier? They have a huge shot to repeat. Man - I wish TB was playing this year.....

They have a Super Bowl winning QB, Brad Johnson backing up Romo. A QB who I think, after watching Tony fumbling around for the past few weeks is an upgrade. Dallas will be better the next 4 weeks without Romo.

They have a Super Bowl winning QB, Brad Johnson backing up Romo. A QB who I think, after watching Tony fumbling around for the past few weeks is an upgrade. Dallas will be better the next 4 weeks without Romo.

and if the Dallas defense gives up 30 points it will all be Brad Johnsons fault. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing