PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking OTA news that you can only get here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So I had to drive a friend to Brigham and Women's at Patrtiot Place where she was going to have a procedure done and I'm stuck waiting for about 2 hours. Well I'm in the parking lot walking round this beautiful day when I hear a noise very familiar to anyone who has been to a TC practice- The blaring shound of the air horn that signals the end to a practice period.

So, with nothing to do, I walked down to the practice field and actually could see the team practicing from the fence that's behind where the VIP stand usually sits (endzone) and THAT's when I saw it.

Anyone who had gone to a TC practice knows that the Pats have 2 fields, side by side that run parallel to the main stands. Well for whatever reason, the first thing I noticed was they chose to put those fields purpendicular to the stands this year, even though they haven't changed the goal posts yet

And you heard it here FIRST. :D Hey! It's the dog days of the off season and the media won't even get to an OTA practice until later this week. Granted, while it isn't much news it IS something we didn't know. ;)

The next thing that happened is something we would expect from the Pats. I was standing there about 3 minutes when someone appears out of no where, and very politely asked me what I was doing, and when I told her. I was watching the Pats, she told me I had to move on. What a shock. ;) Unfortunately they were too far away from my vantage point to see anything of use. I couldn't make out the numbers. All I can tell you is that they were doing some kind of 11 on 11 half speed drills.

But I'll tell you this. Even that short 3 minute sneak peek got my football juices going, and I can hardly wait for camp to start. It's only about 8 weeks away now.

Last edited:
So I had to drive a friend to Brigham and Women's at Patrtiot Place where she was going to have a procedure done and I'm stuck waiting for about 2 hours. Well I'm in the parking lot walking round this beautiful day when I hear a noise very familiar to anyone who has been to a TC practice- The blaring shound of the air horn that signals the end to a practice period.

So, with nothing to do, I walked down to the practice field and actually could see the team practicing from the fence that's behind where the VIP stand usually sits (endzone) and THAT's when I saw it.

Anyone who had gone to a TC practice knows that the Pats have 2 fields, side by side that run parallel to the main stands. Well for whatever reason, the first thing I noticed was they chose to put those fields purpendicular to the stands this year, even though they haven't changed the goal posts yet

And you heard it here FIRST. :D Hey! It's the dog days of the off season and the media won't even get to an OTA practice until later this week. Granted, while it isn't much news it IS something we didn't know. ;)

The next thing that happened is something we would expect from the Pats. I was standing there about 3 minutes when someone appears out of no where, and very politely asked me what I was doing, and when I told her. I was watching the Pats, she told me I had to move on. What a shock. ;) Unfortunately they were too far away from my vantage point to see anything of use. I couldn't make out the numbers. All I can tell you is that they were doing some kind of 11 on 11 half speed drills.

But I'll tell you this. Even that short 3 minute sneak peek got my football juices going, and I can hardly wait for camp to start. It's only about 8 weeks away now.
Even without seeing numbers, I'll bet you could tell when Garoppolo was throwing because of his quick release and pinpoint accuracy. A real keeper, don't you think?

I think there's an alternate version of this story from the perspective of patfanken's friend. It probably goes something like, "So I get my buddy patfanken to take me to Patriots Place for an appointment, and we're in the waiting room when a horn goes off, then he TOTALLY ****ING ABANDONS ME and runs off. I had to walk home in the rain..."

Worth noting tomorrow OTAs will be open to the media. should get some good info though I can't imagine there being much in the way of surprises that will matter for this year.

I hope to take in TC later this year...If JO has a day off I'll try to hook up with him for some football talk over food !!

I bet it was Yoko in disguise who told you to stop watching her team... I mean the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back