PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon LaFell released by Bengals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to keep britt. The guy’s proven before. Patterson doesn’t bring anything as a wr. Dorsett has to show consistency.
Obviously he hasn't lived up to his draft status yet but I think Patterson is going to be a pleasant surprise at WR here. I don't expect him to pro bowl but I think he can give us similar production to guys like Lafell and Lloyd from past years.

I think he looks pretty good in camp so far. He's shown he has good hands (reports he made another nasty catch today). His size has been obvious and they seem to be carving out a role for him. From the few practices I went to they seem to like him in the red zone and short crossing routes.

He's a near lock for the team due to STs so I think he'll get plenty of chances to win reps as a WR too and so far he seems up to the task.

That’s good but we still need some physicality at wr especially when you face a team with a great defensive backfield like the jaguars who can cover wrs like Edelman and hogan.
Agree. Patterson is a monster but has separation issues.

If the Pats are going to bring in another WR, I hope we sign Dontrelle Inman over Decker, Maclin, Bryant, or LaFell.
Inman came in for a visit a couple days ago.

Inman is interesting, and is probably more explosive than the other two. His drawback is that he has never played in an offense similar to this one.

I feel similarly. He has the most upside of the 3 but also the least reason to believe he would fit in the system.

Agree. Patterson is a monster but has separation issues.
That's been my one concern with what looks like a good camp. He's made some really good catches almost daily. And it's great to see he has good hands and fights for the ball but is he making these catches harder than they have to be because he is not creating space. My only defense here is the QBs are willing to go to him so they feel he is getting open.

200.gif

LaFell was an excellent blocker with the Pats (as is Patterson). I have no clue whether Decker or Inman block or not.

Anyway, Slater is off PUP, reportedly. Since he'll likely be filling in reps as a WR during practices, the Decker/LaFell/Inman question may be moot for the moment.

Dude was slow when he was here, I have to think Decker has more straight line and quickness left then Lafell. Plus Cincy isnt exactly stacked at WR if he couldnt crack that lineup that worries me.
He wanted to leave. Cincy fulfilled the request.

If the Pats are going to bring in another WR, I hope we sign Dontrelle Inman over Decker, Maclin, Bryant, or LaFell.
Inman came in for a visit a couple days ago.

Don’t remember hearing Inman came in for a visit a couple of days ago.

LaFell is synonymous with Dropping catchable Balls too...no thanks.:rolleyes:

Slim pickings out there - Lafell, Decker or Bryant. All of them have issues.

Jeremy Maclin is another option...not sure why he isn’t signed.

I'd much rather have Decker at this point.
Decker has 53 Career TDs to Lafell 29 TD's. Decker can play slot or wide. LaFell is wide only. Decker is the much better red zone threat. Big difference.
LaFell has a plus whereas he knows the system, but not enough that the Pats were willing to let him walk.
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes