PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Browner not at practice Thursday Oct 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what if Revis and Browner basically shut down the #1 and #2 outside WR and Dennard and Arrington do well against the #3 and #4?

I think that potential would be more than a minor upgrade.

Its going to be interesting how BB approaches defending the Jets.
Everything screams to take away the run, play a lot zone and make them beat you many times to score and not allow fluky big plays by a breakdown.
The other side of the coin is to take it aggressively at them, force one on one matchups that you have an advantage at try to destroy them, yet risk giving an inept offense a chance to compete by breaking big plays against an overly aggressive D.
The first seems like the best way to win, and the second seems like a way to go for the throat, but also improves upon the Jets slim chances of winning.

Its going to be interesting how BB approaches defending the Jets.
Everything screams to take away the run, play a lot zone and make them beat you many times to score and not allow fluky big plays by a breakdown.
The other side of the coin is to take it aggressively at them, force one on one matchups that you have an advantage at try to destroy them, yet risk giving an inept offense a chance to compete by breaking big plays against an overly aggressive D.
The first seems like the best way to win, and the second seems like a way to go for the throat, but also improves upon the Jets slim chances of winning.

The first way is how we generally approach young qb's and we generally give up waaaay more yards and points than we should. I really hope we go the second route.

The first way is how we generally approach young qb's and we generally give up waaaay more yards and points than we should. I really hope we go the second route.
We almost always win those games. That is what matters.

Someone in some thread cited a reference that Geno is noted for getting easily discouraged and packing it in. The combination of harsh weather and an aggressive shutout Pats D has the potential to take Geno out of the game early and move into rout territory like the 45-3 debacle I had the pleasure of attending. If so, expect the Jets to counter with the Dog Torturer.

We almost always win those games. That is what matters.

Winning is absolutely what matters most. Given the personnel currently on the team I believe the more aggressive defensive strategy you alluded to optimizes our chances at winning. In the past when we had less talent on defense a more conservative defensive strategy provided us with the best chance at winning.

Winning is absolutely what matters most. Given the personnel currently on the team I believe the more aggressive defensive strategy you alluded to optimizes our chances at winning. In the past when we had less talent on defense a more conservative defensive strategy provided us with the best chance at winning.

I think it depends on the opponent. Being aggressive is the best way to get upset by an inferior opponent. Fans dint like conservative but conservative wins when you have a talent edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back