PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Bolden as our fullback????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather have elandon roberts repeatedly run into linebackers at fb

I really don't know where you are getting your stats from but I'd go and check again before claiming Bolden has zero incompletions because that is not the case. Similarly, I have no idea where you have the 6.9 and 3.9 numbers from because they make no sense whatsoever based on PFR data.

What it boils down to is Michel is a superior talent when it comes to the bread and butter which is power run. Also since they have made it a point to throw 2-3 targets to him which is for the last two games he has outgained Bolden easily there as well.

So if you think we can just stay with shotgun runs, throw out the portion of the playbooks with power running because it has looked not particularly efficient so far and keep finding ways to scheme Bolden free to make him effective then I don't know what to tell you.
I didn’t say Bolden had no incompletions, I said he had no drops. Big difference. Incompletion might not be on him, but a drop would be. And Michel has one drop where Bolden has none.

I was looking at player profiler site. I hadn’t crunched the numbers myself, looking at them now it seems Bolden has slightly more receiving yards (5/72 for 14.4 ypc) vs Sony (5/59 for 11.8) and because he has fewer running carries (12/45 for 3.75) vs Michel (100/350 for 3.5) his average for all touches is higher (17/117 for 6.9) vs (105/409 for 3.9).

What I’m seeing is that they’ve gone to Michel a lot more on runs, and on a lot of those running plays he hasn’t gained a lot of ground. But we knew that already, the running game is not going as well as we’d like.

The other thing I’m seeing is when they’ve gone to him Bolden has done his job. As well as Michel, maybe a little better. Factor in special teams and he is making a solid contribution to the team success. Not being flashy, just doing his job. I like that.

Hmmm... Develin, Wynn(Mr. Glass), Harry. Which of these two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes