PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's involvement with Crypto is beyond sketchy

You're going to learn your lessons soon, I have no douby.

When you shut down services and take your assets to a place where they can't be touched, that's a scam, and you're going to be taken in by it
What lesson man? I’m not pointing fingers at anyone about my losses. I’m just pointing out about the inaccurate statements you made and also agreed that a Celsius was a scam

That's not really how this scheme works. If it loses, that part happens after he cashed out.
Gotta be honest, I know very little about cryptocurrency and even less about NFTs, but even major institutions want to get in on it.

This is all I found on Brady's foray into crypto.

this is like 99% wrong here but you already convinced yourself otherwise

there's nothing sketchy about FTX and they actually legally run FTX.US in the US

Sam (the founder) of FTX may be a mercenary but his intentions are pretty clear and he has actually helped many very publicly. SORRY that you likely lost money in crypto but thats probably because you bought at the top like a sheep

Also, no intelligent person in the world thinks Brady is the face of FTX

edit: in regards to Celcius, FTX offered them liquidity and thats it and isnt interested in the book. FTX actually is investing/buying Voyager Digital at distressed rates and have extneded loans

I find it beyond absurd that I posted about this in the summer and this blew up now.

Anyone who doesn't realize that when you buy distressed assets with no backing and you leverage up to do it, you've just blown a hole in your own company.

This is common sense.

It astounds me that what was obvious several months ago is only now becoming obvious to the masters of the universe.

Next time, write something more coherent and less full of shyt. Your take is bollocks. FTX has deals w/ MLB, Miami Heat and has other sports ventures. FTX is an exchange. Brady has investments in crypto, so if its losing so is he.
FTX is dead in the water.

It was easily forseeable.

Your takes are about as good as your Zappe worship

FTX is dead in the water.

It was easily forseeable.

Your takes are about as good as your Zappe worship
Nice way to move the goal posts. So typical of you.

That wasn't the argument and you know it.
Of course it was.

When you take on distressed assets pretending you're a master of the universe, it's going to bite you in the butt.

This relates totally to what FTX did with Celsius. That's the whole point of this meltdown

And look what happens to the schnooks, each and every time.

They can't get their money out; they lose everything. Meanwhile this guy goes on his merry way with his money (if he doesn't end up in jail). It's a scam start to finish. Too bad some Ontario teachers are out $400 million for their pensions (which is their payout for an entire year).

Last edited:

there's nothing sketchy about FTX and they actually legally run FTX.US in the US

Sam (the founder) of FTX may be a mercenary but his intentions are pretty clear and he has actually helped many very publicly. SORRY that you likely lost money in crypto but thats probably because you bought at the top like a sheep

edit: in regards to Celcius, FTX offered them liquidity and thats it and isnt interested in the book. FTX actually is investing/buying Voyager Digital at distressed rates and have extneded loans
YIKES.

This didn't age well

Crypto is - and always has been - a Ponzi scheme. Like any Ponzi Scheme, the ones who got in early made money.

They recently tried to manufacture demand by enlisting celebrity endorsements, of which Brady was one. Thankfully I don’t make my financial decisions based on commercials by Matt Damon and/or Tom Brady (although given the way my stocks have performed this year, maybe I should).

I honestly doubt those celebrity endorsers put much of their own money into the product (keeping in mind that “much” is a relative term). Like every other actor/athlete, they just took the endorsement paycheck and ran.

I find it beyond absurd that I posted about this in the summer and this blew up now.

Anyone who doesn't realize that when you buy distressed assets with no backing and you leverage up to do it, you've just blown a hole in your own company.

This is common sense.

It astounds me that what was obvious several months ago is only now becoming obvious to the masters of the universe.
ill take the L here regarding SBF

It's funny. There is a huge subculture in the crypto currency community that is batcrap insane. I guess one of the theories out there is Brady is responsible for the Bitcoin crash. Apparently May last year, he gave himself laser eyes on his social media avatar. I guess that means you are big into cryto currency. The theory goes that the day he did it was the beginning of Bitcoin losing over half its value.

It's funny. There is a huge subculture in the crypto currency community that is batcrap insane. I guess one of the theories out there is Brady is responsible for the Bitcoin crash. Apparently May last year, he gave himself laser eyes on his social media avatar. I guess that means you are big into cryto currency. The theory goes that the day he did it was the beginning of Bitcoin losing over half its value.
Sounds like whoever penned that theory is a massive idiot.

Of course it was.

When you take on distressed assets pretending you're a master of the universe, it's going to bite you in the butt.

This relates totally to what FTX did with Celsius. That's the whole point of this meltdown

And look what happens to the schnooks, each and every time.

They can't get their money out; they lose everything. Meanwhile this guy goes on his merry way with his money (if he doesn't end up in jail). It's a scam start to finish. Too bad some Ontario teachers are out $400 million for their pensions (which is their payout for an entire year).
Your OP and thread title was about Brady's involvement in FTX:

But Brady is involved with FTX, which isn't even approved for the US, is backed by very sketchy people, and it just ran the back end of a massive ponzi that went belly up this morning as an exchange just transferred a huge amount of customer assets to FTX. The schemers are all in it together.

And Brady is the face of this scam.

It's beyond embarrassing for him. What's next?

The point was Brady wasn't the only one involved with FTX.

FTX has been active in the market, reaching deals with the Major League Baseball, National Basketball Association's Miami Heat, the Mercedes Formula One team and the International Cricket Council (ICC). Meanwhile, tennis star Naomi Osaka is a global ambassador.

Are all of these organizations "sketchy" as well? These are business ventures and have nothing to do with how FTX is run, since none of these groups run FTX.

There's been dozens of so-called well established, high profile companies that went bankrupt because of scams with their accounting methods or hiding debt from investors:
American Savings and Loan
Enron
Lehman Bros.

Your OP and thread title was about Brady's involvement in FTX:

The point was Brady wasn't the only one involved with FTX.

FTX has been active in the market, reaching deals with the Major League Baseball, National Basketball Association's Miami Heat, the Mercedes Formula One team and the International Cricket Council (ICC). Meanwhile, tennis star Naomi Osaka is a global ambassador.

Are all of these organizations "sketchy" as well? These are business ventures and have nothing to do with how FTX is run, since none of these groups run FTX.

There's been dozens of so-called well established, high profile companies that went bankrupt because of scams with their accounting methods or hiding debt from investors:
American Savings and Loan
Enron
Lehman Bros.
I don't know why this is so difficult for you.

These guys were defrauding people.

Those who got involved with them and advertised for them were effectively pulling in more suckers.

It's not a good look.

I don't know why this is so difficult for you.

These guys were defrauding people.

Those who got involved with them and advertised for them were effectively pulling in more suckers.

It's not a good look.
You mean like the banking scandals in the 90s or the recent US Bank and Wells Fargo banking scandals? These are all brick and mortar US banks, but let's pretend an online exchange for cryptocurrencies is unique. The biggest losers are the large venture capitalists that invested in FTX. Hopefully, the retail users that just used FTX for their transactions (but didn't actually invest in FTX because why would they) can get their cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin) back.

BTW, in reading about this, it was caused by FTX's largest competitor (Binance's Zhao) when he sent out a tweet. Smart man Mr. Zhao.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back