PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's Future

1960Pats

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I've noticed that Brady has started a line of apparel and some questions came up about his future endeavors and why he doesn't need the money.

When I think back to the beginning of his career I remember commenting on AOL that I think he'll some day get into politics. That kind of makes sense when you see him and Gisele's worth now and how they seem to be raising more funds. Many folks wonder why.

I said it as an AOLe in 2001 and I'm saying it again now. He has his eyes on the White House. I know that may sound crazy to some of you but I think it's a real possibility.

Let me know what you think of my theory.

I've noticed that Brady has started a line of apparel and some questions came up about his future endeavors and why he need the money.

When I think back to the beginning of his career I remember commenting on AOL that I think he'll some day get into politics. That kind of makes sense when you see him and Gisele's worth now and how they seem to be raising more funds. Many folks wonder why.

I said it as an AOLe in 2001 and I'm saying it again now. He has his eyes on the White House. I know that may sound crazy to some of you but I think it's a real possibility.

That you need to stop drinking ;)

I think he’s just being business savy and maximizing his value. If he’s going to run for a political office, it won’t depend on personally earning millions of dollars. He’d just raise through donations and fundraisers.

Hopefully he doesn’t get into the cesspool that is politics.

Interesting idea though.

Because of one state of the union address which had a big section on steroids in sports (that’s why Brady was there) in 2004 people still seem to think Brady has the slightest bit of interest in being a politician. He doesn’t. It’s dumb. Stop.

That you need to stop drinking ;)
Yeah, I got the same reaction 20 years ago. :)

Because of one state of the union address which had a big section on steroids in sports (that’s why Brady was there) in 2004 people still seem to think Brady has the slightest bit of interest in being a politician. He doesn’t. It’s dumb. Stop.
That was 2004? I thought it was earlier. As for my stopping...

I think he’s just being business savy and maximizing his value. If he’s going to run for a political office, it won’t depend on personally earning millions of dollars. He’d just raise through donations and fundraisers.

Hopefully he doesn’t get into the cesspool that is politics.

Interesting idea though.
That's right. I forgot that politicians collect money as fundraisers and don't earn it. In the case of the MA governor he raised the funds and then declined to run for office, probably because he knew he wouldn't get through the primary. Does he get to keep that?

That's right. I forgot that politicians collect money as fundraisers and don't earn it. In the case of the MA governor he raised the funds and then declined to run for office, probably because he knew he wouldn't get through the primary. Does he get to keep that?

I don’t know the MA laws, but I’d guess not. Of course, never underestimate the slimy tactics and loopholes in politics.

Also being a politician basically means a minimum of 45% of people will hate you at the national level. Brady hates to be disliked.

Also being a politician basically means a minimum of 45% of people will hate you at the national level. Brady hates to be disliked.
Then again, he should be used to it. After all, he's been disliked by many Pats/Bucs opponents' fans by now :whistle:

I've noticed that Brady has started a line of apparel and some questions came up about his future endeavors and why he doesn't need the money.

I am not sure that is his goal. I think when he leaves the game, he will just do business and spend more time with his wife and kids. POlitics would take away from that and his wife might then actually kill him.

Most people nationally dislike Brady--but he's been upfront for many years that he actually doesn't even follow politics.

Most people nationally dislike Brady--but he's been upfront for many years that he actually doesn't even follow politics.
I would say that is false. He is not disliked nationally. Football fans dont like him beating their teams.

He'd be crazy to go into politics after he retires. I'd like to see him do TV commentary on Sundays ala Romo to see what he sees when he watches the opposition line up and predict what the offense or defense will do.....
Or bring him into training camp for a few weeks to sit down with Jones or whoever the QB is to share some knowledge..... For a baseball analogy, the Phillies used to do that with Hall of Fame 3B Mike Schmidt after he retired. He'd come in and give hitting lessons. (IIRC TedWilliams used to do the same with the Red Sox)....

I would say that is false. He is not disliked nationally. Football fans dont like him beating their teams.
Have you seen the surveys? He is disliked. The public policy polling institute has him at 39% unfavorability. Second place in the last 10 years? Tim Tebow at 10%.

Have you seen the surveys? He is disliked. The public policy polling institute has him at 39% unfavorability. Second place in the last 10 years? Tim Tebow at 10%.
Yup but he's also the most liked there's no in between. I think Brady stays away from football after he retires other than appearances here and there. I believe he will focus on the TB12 venture, his brand, and the NIL athletes

I have seen the jersey sales, which for some reason even though the guy has been in the league for 22 years still leads in them, how is that even possible?

Yup but he's also the most liked there's no in between. I think Brady stays away from football after he retires other than appearances here and there. I believe he will focus on the TB12 venture, his brand, and the NIL athletes
lol I just went out and looked at who was the most hated athlete on twitter. Its based on like abusive terms associated with that name that they did. Lebron laps the field 5 times. lol

I have seen the jersey sales, which for some reason even though the guy has been in the league for 22 years still leads in them, how is that even possible?
Must be people buying multiple jerseys, but I know this, you only have one vote. If your unfavorability is 4x higher than the next most hated guy, it doesn't bode well.

But here are some net favorability ratings: Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes Top List of NFL’s Most-Liked Skill Players Ahead of 2021 Playoffs - Morning Consult

Consider that Brady was at only +11 favorability prior to last year, which is really really low.

And the moment he retires and is no longer a "threat", that number will drop.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back