PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady was horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drewwho said:
Are you serious - moping over Deion...? That is just crazy speak.
Brady is not moping or going through the motions. He is having to make adjustments to his game due to this new core of WR and weapons.

Would everyone just RELAX. Tom Brady is still the best QB in football and that those 3 3rd down conversions in the last drive still prove he is the guy you want on the field at the end of a game to get it done!

Sure he looked terrible at times today, but at times, espeically in the first half he look great. He had at least 4 dropped balls including one to Gabrielle in the hands in the endzone.

He will get it going soon enough. In the meantime, isn't it great to have a sucky QB and still be 2-0?

Brady is a victim of his own success. Nothing but perfection is good enough for Pat fans. Just sad!

TB: "...I speak for myself when I say that I'm a very emotional person and over the last four or five months it's been draining...It's tough because you develop relationships with players. Coaches don't have [the same kind of] relationships with players and the management doesn't know what guys are like...I don't think I've become desensitized to it...If it were up to me, none of these guys would have left..."

And that's not even his post-game press conference where he wouldn't stop whining about the receviers he had.

pats1 said:
TB: "...I speak for myself when I say that I'm a very emotional person and over the last four or five months it's been draining...It's tough because you develop relationships with players. Coaches don't have [the same kind of] relationships with players and the management doesn't know what guys are like...I don't think I've become desensitized to it...If it were up to me, none of these guys would have left..."

And that's not even his post-game press conference where he wouldn't stop whining about the receviers he had.
I did not see this response from Brady when David Patten was allowed to leave via free agency after the 2004 NFL season.

It is obvious Brady is genuinely pissed about the whole Branch thing. These two weeks it has become clear to me he didn't approve of not taking care of Deion and he wants to show it, not say it!!

SCPatBoy said:
It is obvious Brady is genuinely pissed about the whole Branch thing. These two weeks it has become clear to me he didn't approve of not taking care of Deion and he wants to show it, not say it!!

It is obvious that you clearly have no understanding of the game or what it takes to develop a relationship with a group of receivers.

It takes TIME.

He is NOT doing this on purpose. Any attempt to say that he is purposely playing poorly is pathetic, and entirely reactionary.

Drewwho said:
Are you serious - moping over Deion...? That is just crazy speak.
Brady is not moping or going through the motions. He is having to make adjustments to his game due to this new core of WR and weapons.

Would everyone just RELAX. Tom Brady is still the best QB in football and that those 3 3rd down conversions in the last drive still prove he is the guy you want on the field at the end of a game to get it done!

Sure he looked terrible at times today, but at times, espeically in the first half he look great. He had at least 4 dropped balls including one to Gabrielle in the hands in the endzone.

He will get it going soon enough. In the meantime, isn't it great to have a sucky QB and still be 2-0?

Brady is a victim of his own success. Nothing but perfection is good enough for Pat fans. Just sad!
That was NOT an easy ball for Gabriel.

Tom looked inconsistent to me today. A great pass would be followed by a bad pass. Also, he seems to missing obvious blitzes like on the fumble. Get rid of the ball. He normally has a 6th sense in pass rush situations. The announcer said he was 5 for 17 in one streak of pass attemps. That is bad. Maybe he is just out of sync. Also, what is with these dep ints he is throwing? Does he think he is suedo punting?

Last edited:
BradyisGod said:
It is obvious that you clearly have no understanding of the game or what it takes to develop a relationship with a group of receivers.

It takes TIME.

He is NOT doing this on purpose. Any attempt to say that he is purposely playing poorly is pathetic, and entirely reactionary.

I think I do..I won't try to qualify it though...I isn't even th eMechanics of it, or the passes, his demeanor , his body language on te sideline....That is what I'm talking about. I went back and watched Recorded games from LY and I can say that I haven't seen his behavior like this before, he is somewhat removed it appears, but what do I know!!

he's had 4 turnovers in 2 games so far. brady did not look crisp. lots of wasted passes. And for some reason, when a long ball is called he seems to throw it no matter what even in double coverage. That INT to gabriel was his fault, and last week he threw to caldwell deep in doble coverage. Brady looks bored right now. Their is something in his face. And do not ignore the fact that he took less money to keep his teamates around, yet still sees his teammates leaving. We know the Pats system works etc. etc. But dont rule out the human element that he see's guys like peyton with harriosn and wayne, while he gets to work with castoffs and rookies.

BradyisGod said:

It takes TIME.

Oh, the receivers were open. They were running the correct routes. Their timing was down.

But it was Brady. I could go back and count every single time he threw about 10 yards wide of the receiver on a square-out. Even Troy.

Or that pass to Ben, wide open in the endzone, which fell pathetically short and almost into the hands of the Jet defender.

Or the pass to Gabriel, who had his defender beat deep, which fell very short as well.

And I would normally be O.K. with this. But when I see Tom smiling after throwing an incomplete pass, not doing his usual sprint...jump...etc. with after a touchdown, and then spending his entire press conference talking about how he doesn't have the same receivers, it just irks me.

Last edited:

15-29 for 220 yard 1 TD, 1 int is far from perfection. If the QB rating wasnt such a complicated equation I'd tell you what his was but I dont think it's very good. Once your completion percentage drops and you throw picks, it drops.

The one in the end zone to Gabriel was not Gabriel's fault, it was good coverage by the defender.

Last edited:
pats1 said:

Did he give two press conferences?

Do you think an NFL quarterback can just step in with two brand new receivers and not miss a beat?

He threw to 4 WR and only one ever played with the Pats before this year. Caldwell played one game.

I guess we've just accepted it's easy to be a Super Bowl quarterback.

SCPatBoy said:
Only Knows I don't want to be critical of Brady........However no one can ignore That Brady hasn't looked crisp at all........ Maybe it is his timing and needing time to gel with the new offensive personnel. However I am not going to rule out that he just might be trying to display his displeasure for not having Branch...

Should have quit while you were ahead. Just stop with the psychobabble - he practiced with Jackson and Gabriel for the better part of a week for cripes sakes. This kid is a perfectionist and he's working with imperfect receivers. Perfection takes time, usually a lot more that a week for sure. They over reached in the third quarter, pushed the envelope so to speak and it was a costly mistake I assume made primarily by Josh. They had that game well in hand before that people. Over and under throws happen when you are forcing ill advised throws to guys you hardly know.

Willie55 said:
15-29 for 220 yard 1 TD, 1 int is far from perfection. If the QB rating wasnt such a complicated equation I'd tell you what his was but I dont think it's very good. Once your completion percentage drops and you throw picks, it drops.

The one in the end zone to Gabriel was not Gabriel's fault, it was good coverage by the defender.

Yes, it was underthrown by Brady, but the receiver still has a responsbility to do everything they can to avoid the interception. Couldn't tell if Gabriel had done more - I think he did make a move for it - but I remember last year on 2-3 occasions I was pissed at Givens for not coming at a ball and just letting a Dback come in and pick it.

The one non-ridicolously-stupid thing Randy Cross said all day was about how the defender is going to go for the ball at the highest point. Receivers can't wait for the ball to come to them.

Despite all of Brady's struggles - the Pats are 2-0 and 2-0 in the division. Imagine how good we can be with Brady in good form.

Willie55 said:

We should probably try to trade him before other teams see a tape of this game.

Cassel's a little raw, but Brady's definitely lost it.

And don't believe that 3 new receivers thing. That's just a smokescreen.

RayClay said:
Did he give two press conferences?

Do you think an NFL quarterback can just step in with two brand new receivers and not miss a beat?

He threw to 4 WR and only one ever played with the Pats before this year. Caldwell played one game.

I guess we've just accepted it's easy to be a Super Bowl quarterback.

He had one a few days ago for the headlines the next day were "QB Shaken, Distracted by Branch Saga:"

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...06/09/13/qb_shaken_distracted_by_branch_saga/

Last edited:
BradyManny2344 said:
Yes, it was underthrown by Brady, but the receiver still has a responsbility to do everything they can to avoid the interception. Couldn't tell if Gabriel had done more - I think he did make a move for it - but I remember last year on 2-3 occasions I was pissed at Givens for not coming at a ball and just letting a Dback come in and pick it.

The one non-ridicolously-stupid thing Randy Cross said all day was about how the defender is going to go for the ball at the highest point. Receivers can't wait for the ball to come to them.

Gabriel was double teamed on the play and just before the ball came down he was pushed by one of he defenders. Its hardly his fault.

Are there really people who seriously think that Tom Brady would not play his best and risk losing a football game just to make a point to the management? You have to be kidding me. He played decently in the first half, and was off in the second when the Jets started coming hard with the blitz. That's all it was. He just didn't play well. As competitive as he is, there's no way he'd tank a game just to express displeasure with his top receiver being shown the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3