PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady the Best? Colts fans won't like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Colts are old???? Were the youngest team in the NFL! All we have to worry about is Peyton. Which he still has 5 years left in him. If Favre did it at 38, Peyton can do better.

Its not like Brady is that young either. 2 year difference. Brady just missed one the 2nd peak of his career at 31. 30 is the highest which he scored 50 TD's. 32 is the year of the decline...

Just tell me how you are going to put a QB that never won a super bowl like Marino over Peyton who atleast has 1.

Brady always had a good defense and a great offensive line to help him win championships. Peyton had to make up for what the defense didnt do.

Dude, Just be VERY glad you played the Bears in the Super Bowl.

Montana, Brady, Graham. Thank God Favre isnt on that list.

2 defensive collapses is the only thing that even allows such a debate at this point. As it is, I think Brady has still secured it with what he did in 06 (leading a group of outcasts at wideout to the AFCCG) and 07 (setting records, 16-0).

Still, its a joke that Manning isn't on that list. And I'm a Pats homer. Manning has to be up there.

2 defensive collapses is the only thing that even allows such a debate at this point. As it is, I think Brady has still secured it with what he did in 06 (leading a group of outcasts at wideout to the AFCCG) and 07 (setting records, 16-0).

Still, its a joke that Manning isn't on that list. And I'm a Pats homer. Manning has to be up there.

Well, the Peyton's problem is his Play-Off record, as I see it.

Nothing can change that in the past and a Healthy Tom will not help it in the Future.

Well, the Peyton's problem is his Play-Off record, as I see it.

Nothing can change that in the past and a Healthy Tom will not help it in the Future.

Yeah, I agree about Manning's playoff record. But I think the problem is that they didn't want two guys from this generation, and that really isn't fair. Yes, Brady's clutch factor and playoff success put him over the top when compared to Manning, but Manning still deserves to be on the list - and he has a ring at this point, which gives him some validation.

Manning is 7-8 in the playoffs. Why on God's green Earth should he be on that list? Manning is the A-Roid of Football, putting up tremendous stats in the regular seasons and then choking in the playoffs. His only win came due to the defensive injuries/sickness of the Patriots after New England had jumped out to a lead, and the pathetic offense of the Bears. If the Patriots defenders hadn't all ended up on the bench in that game, Manning would be looked at as the biggest choker in NFL history.

Manning is 7-8 in the playoffs. Why on God's green Earth should he be on that list? Manning is the A-Roid of Football, putting up tremendous stats in the regular seasons and then choking in the playoffs. His only win came due to the defensive injuries/sickness of the Patriots after New England had jumped out to a lead, and the pathetic offense of the Bears. If the Patriots defenders hadn't all ended up on the bench in that game, Manning would be looked at as the biggest choker in NFL history.

Unfortunately, history won't remember that we should have won the 2006 Super Bowl, just as it won't remember we should have won the 2007 Super Bowl. It doesn't matter what should have happened, only matters what did (ie, CHFF had Brady's 4th quarter drive against the Giants in their top 10 all time drive, unfortunately, the shenanigans in Eli's ensuing drive erased it).

As it is, Manning's clutchness against us in the 06 AFCCG goes a long way to erasing some of his former choker-ness. The A-Roid comparison might be accurate - but look at it this way, up until last week's revelations, A-Roid was in the conversation for greatest player of all time, even w his playoff failures.

Last edited:
Manning is 7-8 in the playoffs. Why on God's green Earth should he be on that list?

Marino never won a thing and still made the list. Manning will end his career with better statistics than Marino, as well as (at least) one Super Bowl ring. I'd replace Terry Bradshaw with Peyton Manning on that list.

If I had to rank them...

1) Brady
2) Manning
3) Montana
4) Elway
5) Unitas

I'll leave out Graham and Baugh because they were from such a different era when it came to throwing the ball that it really isn't fair.

Yeah, I agree about Manning's playoff record. But I think the problem is that they didn't want two guys from this generation, and that really isn't fair. Yes, Brady's clutch factor and playoff success put him over the top when compared to Manning, but Manning still deserves to be on the list - and he has a ring at this point, which gives him some validation.

The argument is the best ever, not the best of a generation or time period.

Peyton is not in the argument.

You want to argue greatest QB in the Regular season - Fire up the Peyton Bandwagon because people will be lining up behind it and I will concede he's one of the greatest.

But if you can't win when it counts....you don't deserve to be on the list of greatest ever.

Marino never won a thing and still made the list. Manning will end his career with better statistics than Marino, as well as (at least) one Super Bowl ring. I'd replace Terry Bradshaw with Peyton Manning on that list.

If I had to rank them...

1) Brady
2) Manning
3) Montana
4) Elway
5) Unitas

I'll leave out Graham and Baugh because they were from such a different era when it came to throwing the ball that it really isn't fair.

Wow.... Manning isn't even a top 5 quarterback and you have him ahead of Montana, Elway and Unitas? Well, it is subjective....

Last edited:
Wow.... Manning isn't even a top 5 quarterback and you have him ahead of Montana, Elway and Unitas?

If we use logic, I would say that Manning is a top 5 quarterback, since I had him ranked at #2, ahead of Montana, Elway, and Unitas. But logic escapes people on this board, apparently.

If we use logic, I would say that Manning is a top 5 quarterback, since I had him ranked at #2, ahead of Montana, Elway, and Unitas. But logic escapes people on this board, apparently.

Manning is better than Montana????

Not a chance.

It's a simple question, You're down by 3 in the Super Bowl on the last drive of the game, who do you want? Manning over Montana?

If we use logic and I say that Manning is not a top 5 quarterback in the context of a rebuttal, but note that it's subjective, I'm pointing out a disagreement with someone. But logic escapes people on this board who claim that logic escapes people on this board, apparently.

If we use logic and I say that Manning is not a top 5 quarterback in the context of a rebuttal, but note that it's subjective, I'm pointing out a disagreement with someone. But logic escapes people on this board who claim that logic escapes people on this board, apparently.

Really, you noted that it's subjective? I implore you to re-read your post.

Last edited by Deus Irae; Today at 11:18 AM.

Your first post in response to it: Today at 11:20 am. Your second response, when you invited me to re-read my post: Today at 12:00 pm.

Last edited:
Your first post in response to it: Today at 11:20 am. Your second post, when you invited me to re-read my post: Today at 12:00 pm.

I'm still waiting for the "Logic" behind Peyton being ranked higher than Montana.

"If we use logic, I would say that Manning is a top 5 quarterback, since I had him ranked at #2, ahead of Montana"

As of now (Total Votes: 30086)
31% Joe Montana
22% Tom Brady
18% You guys are way off (My guess these are Colts fans :))

I'm still waiting for the "Logic" behind Peyton being ranked higher than Montana.

"If we use logic, I would say that Manning is a top 5 quarterback, since I had him ranked at #2, ahead of Montana"

Well, it's the logic of his opinion. He had Manning at #2 meaning he's clearly a top 5 QB IN HIS OPINION. Whether or not his opinion is logical is up to the individual reader. Since I'm not even sold on Manning being in the top 10 all time (there's fluidity in the back end), I surely don't rank him close to top 5. I look at the top 7 pretty definitively and have a basic top 9 (in no particular order here) of:

Brady
Montana
Unitas
Starr
Baugh
Graham
Staubach
S. Young
Elway

Below that is a group with Tarkenton, Manning, Favre, Marino, Bradshaw and Griese that all have some pretty solid arguments but just don't crack the top 9 and, instead,fight for spots 10-15.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore