PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady the Best? Colts fans won't like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where the hell is Peyton Manning?

Where the hell is Peyton Manning?

He did not rank. Ouch.

Here are some of the Quotes from the debate
:

When it comes to the "greatest" QB debate, I look at this way: Which QB would you want starting for your team if you needed to win one game? With that, I'll go with Tom Brady over everybody else. His hatred of losing, combined with his ability to make big plays in crucial situations makes him No. 1 in my book.

Brady does have the unique combination of intangible leadership, championships won, leading his team to a perfect regular season and increasingly great statistics.

True. I thought about Baugh. I like the Brady pick, too, but I think I like him because he reminds me of Montana. Calm, cool and one of those guys who just wins all the time.

One day, Peyton Manning might just break some of Favre's prominent passing records. Any thoughts on where Manning sits on this list?

In head-to-head with Brady in the postseason, he doesn't. And one thing about Brady, who are the other offensive stars around him?

Manning is a great QB, no doubt, and he has the one title. He's one to watch, I think. He still has five years or so left in him, but the Colts are getting old.

In terms of Super Bowl wins, MVPs, Pro Bowls, statistics and leadership ... the short list is Graham, Unitas, Montana, Brady ... not in that order.

I love Marino and idolized him when I attempted to play QB in high school. But I can't call him the greatest ever because of the lack of titles. I want to do it, but I can't.

Last edited:
The problem with polls such as this is that such a high percentage of voters vote based on the team and player they are fans (or rivals) of, that the lack of objectivity makes the results useless. In addition, the majority of votes tend to go too heavily to recent players; predictably, the quarterbacks who played longest ago get the least votes and those that played more recently get the most votes.

Brady and Montana are the two getting the most votes. I think that's an accurate assessment of the Super Bowl era. Starr, Baugh, Unitas..... they're a bit too far back for most people to judge fairly. Even though there's some overlap, it's really not enough for most people.

How could they put Marino on that list and NOT Manning....Marino won JACK SH^T........and had Tremendous receivers and despite what they say in Doofin lore.....RB's as good as Antowain Smith was....and Brady had much less talent when he won THREE SUPERBOWLS!!!!!

Marino was a stat monster because of Duper Clayton etc........but does not even belong in the same category with the greatest of all time.........

I'm not. I'd much rather have Manning over Marino.

I hate 'em both. The Manning omission is hilarious though, given all the endless hype he's gotten over the years. LOL in yo face Peytie:D

He did not rank. Ouch.

Here are some of the Quotes from the debate
:

When it comes to the "greatest" QB debate, I look at this way: Which QB would you want starting for your team if you needed to win one game? With that, I'll go with Tom Brady over everybody else. His hatred of losing, combined with his ability to make big plays in crucial situations makes him No. 1 in my book.

Brady does have the unique combination of intangible leadership, championships won, leading his team to a perfect regular season and increasingly great statistics.

True. I thought about Baugh. I like the Brady pick, too, but I think I like him because he reminds me of Montana. Calm, cool and one of those guys who just wins all the time.

One day, Peyton Manning might just break some of Favre's prominent passing records. Any thoughts on where Manning sits on this list?

In head-to-head with Brady in the postseason, he doesn't. And one thing about Brady, who are the other offensive stars around him?

Manning is a great QB, no doubt, and he has the one title. He's one to watch, I think. He still has five years or so left in him, but the Colts are getting old.

In terms of Super Bowl wins, MVPs, Pro Bowls, statistics and leadership ... the short list is Graham, Unitas, Montana, Brady ... not in that order.

I love Marino and idolized him when I attempted to play QB in high school. But I can't call him the greatest ever because of the lack of titles. I want to do it, but I can't.

The Colts are old???? Were the youngest team in the NFL! All we have to worry about is Peyton. Which he still has 5 years left in him. If Favre did it at 38, Peyton can do better.

Its not like Brady is that young either. 2 year difference. Brady just missed one the 2nd peak of his career at 31. 30 is the highest which he scored 50 TD's. 32 is the year of the decline...

Just tell me how you are going to put a QB that never won a super bowl like Marino over Peyton who atleast has 1.

Brady always had a good defense and a great offensive line to help him win championships. Peyton had to make up for what the defense didnt do.

The Colts are old???? Were the youngest team in the NFL! All we have to worry about is Peyton. Which he still has 5 years left in him. If Favre did it at 38, Peyton can do better.

Its not like Brady is that young either. 2 year difference. Brady just missed one the 2nd peak of his career at 31. 30 is the highest which he scored 50 TD's. 32 is the year of the decline...

Just tell me how you are going to put a QB that never won a super bowl like Marino over Peyton who atleast has 1.

Brady always had a good defense and a great offensive line to help him win championships. Peyton had to make up for what the defense didnt do.

You are a Colts fan and you still don't realize the defense carried that team to a SB victory?

You are a Colts fan and you still don't realize the defense carried that team to a SB victory?

i know our defense carried our win in the SB, but what else can you expect to play in the rain in the Super Bowl? If it hadnt rained in 40 of them, why this one? Elway didnt win the big one until the last 2 years of his career, so Peyton still has hope

i know our defense carried our win in the SB, but what else can you expect to play in the rain in the Super Bowl? If it hadnt rained in 40 of them, why this one? Elway didnt win the big one until the last 2 years of his career, so Peyton still has hope

I'm talking the entire playoffs, not just the SB game.

Brady has had good o-lines, but not great ones. Good defenses, too, but a good defense is a prerequisite for winning a SB. I will agree with you, though, that Peyton's a better QB than Marino ever was.

Just think if the Pats defense didn't melt 2 out of the last three years Brady would have had 2 more championships under his belt and this would be a poll about who the second best QB of all time was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back