PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady still emotional over his #199 selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toucher & Rich went off the deep end this morning about this stuff. That show can be funny, but also - like a lot of Pats fans here - they can be sexist, childish, and emotionally shallow. Just wanted to remind any posters here who agree w/ them and their viewpoint that you're agreeing with those two "knuckle-draggers", as Felger would say.

Last edited:
but this is demonstrably incorrect.

This board is bipolar sometimes. First time I've been called a Brady basher.

Never singled you out - nor intended to. I'm talking about the people who bashed Brady for both those things, which you may not be amongst, but others are.

I saw that this morning and I wished that I hadn't. No one is a bigger TFB fan more than myself, but don't cry on TV recalling your NFL draft experience.:eek:

Yes, it must have been nerve wracking and emotional process. But it's not like getting drafted into the military during a war. I remember myself and a few of my friends being on edge wondering if we would get drafted into the Army or Marines. When we did, we went out and got drunk and tried to get laid. We didn't cry about it then, or 10 years later.

Last edited:
Toucher & Rich went off the deep end this morning about this stuff. That show can be funny, but also - like a lot of Pats fans here - they can be sexist, childish, and emotionally shallow. Just wanted to remind any posters here who agree w/ them and their viewpoint that you're agreeing with those two "knuckle-draggers", as Felger would say.

So, from now on, everyone is responsible for everyone else's thoughts. Imagine the fun we can have with that.

I saw that this morning and I wished that I hadn't. No one is a bigger TFB fan more than myself, but don't cry on TV recalling your NFL draft experience.:eek:

Yes, it must have been nerve wracking and emotional process. But it's not like getting drafted into the military during a war. I remember myself and a few of my friends being on edge wondering if we would get drafted into the Army or Marines. When we did, we went out and got drunk and tried to get laid. We didn't cry about it then, or 10 years later.

Yes, I agree. I still am a huge Brady backer. I don't buy that this translates in any way to his play on the field.

I've done a couple embarrassing things in my life in public that I wish I could take back. But I can't. We can't demand some kind of consistency from celebrities like Brady when we can't act perfectly in public all the time ourselves. But that doesn't mean we didn't perhaps act in a way that wasn't commendable (triple negative, yes!)

So, from now on, everyone is responsible for everyone else's thoughts. Imagine the fun we can have with that.

Stop projecting things into my post that absolutely there at all.

I already told you my first post was not directed at you, and neither was this. So relax.

If you take a given opinion and see that the people who agree with said opinion are a bunch of low-IQ buffoons like the - admittedly entertaining and occasionally likable - guys on T&R, then yes, I think you'd naturally want to reconsider your stance. When I find my opinions aligning with those of fools, it's time to do a sanity-check.

But it's not like getting drafted into the military during a war. I remember myself and a few of my friends being on edge wondering if we would get drafted into the Army or Marines. When we did, we went out and got drunk and tried to get laid. We didn't cry about it then, or 10 years later.

This was sort of Toucher's perspective, only he applied it not to draft for war but to job interviews - and frankly, it's a little silly of him, because you could play that game with literally anything. And I hate that he does this, because he does this with just about everything.

Really, you can pretty much trivialize 95% of the events in any person's life by relaying a more tragic, traumatic and trying experience. There's always someone who has it worse.

No person should apologize for taking seriously the important days in their lives, even if in the context of the rest of the world it falls short of what we'd deem important. If we did then births, marriages, deaths and everything in between for the average person would be rendered meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
Stop projecting things into my post that absolutely there at all.

I already told you my first post was not directed at you, and neither was this. So relax.

If you take a given opinion and see that the people who agree with said opinion are a bunch of low-IQ buffoons like the - admittedly entertaining and occasionally likable - guys on T&R, then yes, I think you'd naturally want to reconsider your stance. When I find my opinions aligning with those of fools, it's time to do a sanity-check.

I just don't like this line of thinking.

First, it's only sports, so sanity-checks are not requisite or I wouldn't be posting here. Second, imagine who you're in bed with when you say, "My taxes should be lowered!"

First, it's only sports, so sanity-checks are not requisite or I wouldn't be posting here. Second, imagine who you're in bed with when you say, "My taxes should be lowered!"

Good point on the tax front, but that's a much larger issue than what we're dealing with - the sheer scope of it means you're bound to be in bed w/ fools. We're dealing with a much smaller issue.

And when I drive to work in the morning and find myself in agreement with anything said by the hosts on either of the radio stations in the morning, I have to think twice. Especially when it comes to sports.

Crappy analogy. This would be more like someone whose goal and dream in life was to be a four star general coming to grips with the fact that one after another service was rejecting his efforts to enlist and watching his options evaporate day by day only to recall the moment when one reconsidered and decided to take a flyer and give him at least a shot at surviving boot camp. Which he did...on the road to becoming the Commander of the Joint Chiefs...

Maybe you never came into contact with a guy who washed out of flight or ranger or seal training when you were doing your military time. They can get pretty emotional about their journey and their goal. I think people who can't even appreciate that never really had a compelling journey or an overriding goal. In this case it's only sports to them. To participants it's their life and livlihood and perhaps they sacrificed and invested more in persuing it than those who just went through the motions and settled on making the best out of whatever life handed them.

And don't flatter yourself about the level of your fandom...too many play that card here. Trust me, there are lot's bigger and better fans than much of what passes or poses for that here. True fandom is a lot like parenthood, the devotion to and affection even if only for the laundry should be unconditional. Even if they disappoint you, you respect the journey and remain in their court unless they totally screw up - which Brady certainly never remotely has. That it isn't so here says more about an entitled and self absorbed fanbase than anything. Let a JETS fan mock "our" team and the same people who rip them here at every opportunity are the ones who start threads whining that they can't tolerate the disrespect spewing from a bunch of ignorant morons.

This was sort of Toucher's perspective, only he applied it not to draft for war but to job interviews - and frankly, it's a little silly of him, because you could play that game with literally anything. And I hate that he does this, because he does this with just about everything.

Really, you can pretty much trivialize 95% of the events in any person's life by relaying a more tragic, traumatic and trying experience. There's always someone who has it worse.

No person should apologize for taking seriously the important days in their lives, even if in the context of the rest of the world it falls short of what we'd deem important. If we did then births, marriages, deaths and everything in between for the average person would be rendered meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

I can't beleive you are discussing what those idiots on that moronic morning show have to say. 1) neither of them have an atheltic bone in their body. 2) I have more sports knowledge in my pinky than those two whole human beings combined. 3) Anyone that listens to that show deserves the mind freeze you are surely going to suffer from.

He wasn't getting choked up about being drafted so late... He was getting choked up talking about how supportive his parents were during that "difficult" time.

How do you people not see the difference?

1) neither of them have an atheltic bone in their body. 2) I have more sports knowledge in my pinky than those two whole human beings combined. 3) Anyone that listens to that show deserves the mind freeze you are surely going to suffer from.

While I agree with you on all 3 points - the reality is that - at least for most of my morning commute - they tend to talk more sports than D&C do. Plus, I do like Wollack.

He wasn't getting choked up about being drafted so late... He was getting choked up talking about how supportive his parents were during that "difficult" time.

How do you people not see the difference?

People are idiots, FACT.

Crappy analogy. This would be more like someone whose goal and dream in life was to be a four star general coming to grips with the fact that one after another service was rejecting his efforts to enlist and watching his options evaporate day by day only to recall the moment when one reconsidered and decided to take a flyer and give him at least a shot at surviving boot camp. Which he did...on the road to becoming the Commander of the Joint Chiefs...

Maybe you never came into contact with a guy who washed out of flight or ranger or seal training when you were doing your military time. They can get pretty emotional about their journey and their goal. I think people who can't even appreciate that never really had a compelling journey or an overriding goal. In this case it's only sports to them. To participants it's their life and livlihood and perhaps they sacrificed and invested more in persuing it than those who just went through the motions and settled on making the best out of whatever life handed them.

And don't flatter yourself about the level of your fandom...too many play that card here. Trust me, there are lot's bigger and better fans than much of what passes or poses for that here. True fandom is a lot like parenthood, the devotion to and affection even if only for the laundry should be unconditional. Even if they disappoint you, you respect the journey and remain in their court unless they totally screw up - which Brady certainly never remotely has. That it isn't so here says more about an entitled and self absorbed fanbase than anything. Let a JETS fan mock "our" team and the same people who rip them here at every opportunity are the ones who start threads whining that they can't tolerate the disrespect spewing from a bunch of ignorant morons.

A very crappy and stupid post. I don't flatter myself on my fandom. It's ironic that a person who takes a user name of a Jets player, who inflicted an almost life threatening injury on a great Patriots player, is lecturing others on team devotion.

You have no idea what I saw or experienced in the military and I certainly won't post it here.

But I won't get into a pissing contest with you here on this thread. Don't bother to try to reply to this because you won't be able. Send me a PM if you have a problem with me and we'll see how that goes.

Last edited:
While I again second Mo that I think it was a poor analogy - I don't think Mo's counter analogy is on point either. Why bring such broad-sweeping generation-altering topics such as conscription into war into the mix? As I said, you can make any individual strife seem trivial when the scope is expanded to things like war and giving one's life to one's country. For Brady or any prospective NFL player, this was about personal dreams, personal goals, view of one self, family.

People need to stop comparing apples to oranges - and it's not just about this thread or Brady. But people need to acknowledge that everything is relative - and that even though a certain sucky personal event may seem trivial when compared to some of the true evils & hardship in the world, sometimes we end up losing perspective by widening the scope of things too much.

Last edited:
While I again second Mo that I think it was a poor analogy - I don't think Mo's counter analogy is on point either. Why bring such broad-sweeping generation-altering topics such as conscription into war into the mix? As I said, you can make any individual strife seem trivial when the scope is expanded to things like war and giving one's life to one's country. For Brady or any prospective NFL player, this was about personal dreams, personal goals, view of one self, family.

People need to stop comparing apples to oranges - and it's not just about this thread or Brady. But people need to acknowledge that everything is relative - and that even though a certain sucky personal event may seem trivial when compared to some of the true evils & hardship in the world, sometimes we end up losing perspective by widening the scope of things too much.
Ok, your point is well received. Let's stop the analogies.

However, I did cringe seeing him crying in front of the camera's about that. Maybe it's generational thing. It doesn't have the slightest effect on what I think about TFB as a football player or a person.

I just wish he hadn't cryed about that in front of the TV cameras.

Last edited:
Ok, your point is well received. Let's stop the analogies.

However, I did cringe seeing him crying in front of the camera's about that. Maybe it's genrational thing. It doesn't have the slightest effect on what I think about TFB as a football player or a person.

I just wish he hadn't cryed about that in front of the TV cameras.

Fair enough. And I see your point as well - I wish it didn't happen in the sense that we have to put up with Toucher & Rich remixes of the clip for about a week or so - and I'm sure the media fallout will go beyond the morning commute.

But on another level, I think it's cool that he still cares that much.

And I don't take offense to your objection. I have a problem with the people who make childish remarks and generalizations about him or his wife.

People are idiots, FACT.

Thank you for summing up most of the posts in this thread as concisely as possible.

Trade Brady for Cutler; he's really manly!

He's damned if he does, damned if he doesnt with most people. How dare he show emotion, obviously appreciating the job he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back