PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady still emotional over his #199 selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Bird would have reacted the same way, and who knows, if Red hadn't gotten his rights, the same could have happened to him.

He was recalling a moment in his life when his parents were there when he needed them. It has nothing to do with where he was picked. That is emotional at any age, as you watch your parents get older. It actually has nothing to do with football.

As a Pats fan, I'm thrilled to see that the desire still burns. If he could give one more ring, he'd be the Ultimate New England Hero.

What are you talking about with your Larry Bird reference here?? Bird was a number 1 pick coming out of college who grew up poor and had an alcoholic father who committed suicide when Bird was a teenager.
Tom Brady was never ever ever a 1st round draft pick coming out of college and he grew up in an upper middle class family in Northern Cali.
How is Larry Bird in any way, shape or form relevant to Tom Brady weeping over his NFL draft day memories from 11 years ago? :rolleyes:
Come on guys. Know your Boston sports history.

What are you talking about with your Larry Bird reference here?? Bird was a number 1 pick coming out of college who grew up poor and had an alcoholic father who committed suicide when Bird was a teenager.
Tom Brady was never ever ever a 1st round draft pick coming out of college and he grew up in an upper middle class family in Northern Cali.
How is Larry Bird in any way, shape or form relevant to Tom Brady weeping over his NFL draft day memories from 11 years ago? :rolleyes:
Come on guys. Know your Boston sports history.

Do you know YOUR Boston sports history? Larry Bird has become emotional in front of the camera a few times.

Agree 100%.

And let's keep in mind that the same kind of fans complaining Brady is looking soft for crying about football are about the same as the ones who were claiming that he didn't care about football anymore. It doesn't get any more contradictory than that.

but this is demonstrably incorrect.

This board is bipolar sometimes. First time I've been called a Brady basher.

Ugh. It is one thing to have your wife remove your testicles but it is another to wear them around your neck.

I have no problem with him choking up during that interview.

He's always been an emotional guy. It's part of what makes him tick, even back when he was a bench-warmer at Michigan. And it's part of why everyone in the huddle would do anything for him.

But he's also pretty bright. I think he knows just how close his dream was to dying, and how close he was to becoming an insurance salesman. It's a chip on his shoulder that he obviously still carries to this day, and that's okay with me.

You guys can now carry on making fun of his hair or boots or supermodel wife or his crying.

I have no problem with him choking up during that interview.

He's always been an emotional guy. It's part of what makes him tick, even back when he was a bench-warmer at Michigan. And it's part of why everyone in the huddle would do anything for him.

But he's also pretty bright. I think he knows just how close his dream was to dying, and how close he was to becoming an insurance salesman. It's a chip on his shoulder that he obviously still carries to this day, and that's okay with me.

You guys can now carry on making fun of his hair or boots or supermodel wife or his crying.

Disagree. First, I think you're trying to justify what has made many fans uneasy for quite awhile now: that Tom Brady in reality DOES NOT have a big chip on his shoulder anymore and isn't the same guy that lead the team to three championships.

Secondly, a "bright" guy doesn't make the remark he made about possibly becoming an insurance salesman, seemingly oblivious that this is an insult to hardworking "regular Joes" everywhere.

He cried because "he almost became an insurance salesman?" Please. :rolleyes:

Disagree. First, I think you're trying to justify what has made many fans uneasy for quite awhile now: that Tom Brady in reality DOES NOT have a big chip on his shoulder anymore and isn't the same guy that lead the team to three championships.

Secondly, a "bright" guy doesn't make the remark he made about possibly becoming an insurance salesman, seemingly oblivious that this is an insult to hardworking "regular Joes" everywhere.

BullS@#t are you with rex's goons

Attachments

• bdd_ryan_belichickfeet.jpg
    bdd_ryan_belichickfeet.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 78
It baffles me as to how unintelligent some people on this board really are. In the interview, Brady is NOT getting choked up because he was drafted in the 6th round. Brady is getting choked up talking about how supportive his parents were during that "difficult" time. How do you people not see that? Even the caption says "Tom Brady got choked up while talking about his parents' support on draft day 2000." Take this caption in conjunction with actual video itself, and this notion is crystal clear.

This guy must be part of Jay Fiedler's fan club

The long hair ...the fashion shows...the matching outfits on the FiFi dogs....now the crying over hurt feelings...the other NFL players must be laughing at him...

The long hair ...the fashion shows...the matching outfits on the FiFi dogs....now the crying over hurt feelings...the other NFL players must be laughing at him...

LOL They'd all trade their left nut to be him. Only moronic fans laugh at Tom, and most of that is fueled (as usual) by arrogance and ignorance...and in the case of other teams fans envy.

You don't know BRADY very well his dog is a Pit Bull mix not a FiFi BTW WTF is a FiFi a purse you buy in Dartmouth Mall:D

Attachments

• brady-and-dog.jpg
    brady-and-dog.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 107

I think I addressed most of it in the other thread (BTW mods, can we merge these two?), but in case you missed it, his dad owns an insurance company. Yes, it's a joke. It's not a cheap-shot at the incredibly heroic industry of insurance agents though.

As for regular joes being offended, I can't imagine they are. And if you are offended by that, I find it ridiculous that you'd question any other human being's mental toughness.

As for whether Brady's tough anymore, I'll go with the guy who won MVP with a stress fracture on his plant foot over the forum poster crying over the damage to insurance agents' reps.

Last edited:
I think I addressed most of it in the other thread (BTW mods, can we merge these two?), but in case you missed it, his dad owns an insurance company. Yes, it's a joke. It's not a cheap-shot at the incredibly heroic industry of insurance agents though.

As for regular joes being offended, I can't imagine they are. And if you are offended by that, I find it ridiculous that you'd question any other human being's mental toughness.

As for whether Brady's tough anymore, I'll go with the guy who won MVP with a stress fracture on his plant foot over the forum poster crying over the damage to insurance agents' reps.

You're the one who seems to be a tad emotional and offended about this. Are you one of the "Brady is absolutely perfect in every way" minions that pop up around here? I have absolutely no stake in this--just stating an observation. And yes, I did miss the part about his dad being an insurance salesman. :)

You, very clearly, are someone who has never put anything on the line, emotionally or in faith. In the game of life, you are way up in the bleachers, along with the masses that follow the path of least resistance; ergo, for you, as T.S. Eliot wrote in the last stanza of his "Hollow Men," the world ends: "not with a bang but a whimper."

so he was crying it shows he's got heart thats what makes him the player he is cause he had to work hard for everything he's got and thats why he's so blessed

You're the one who seems to be a tad emotional and offended about this. Are you one of the "Brady is absolutely perfect in every way" minions that pop up around here? I have absolutely no stake in this--just stating an observation. And yes, I did miss the part about his dad being an insurance salesman. :)

I wouldn't say Brady is perfect, but I'll admit I'm biased. He was my all-time fav college player, and the reason I started following the Pats.

And I was a bit annoyed last night, didn't mean to take it out on you. Just felt a lot of people were being extremely critical about nothing. It wasn't all what you said, but that insurance thing was kind of the last straw.

The crying thing is being so ridiculously overblown. He's always been an emotional guy, even when he was at Michigan. That part isn't new, though to many it seems it is. As for whether he plays with a chip or not, people can think what they want. But I'd be careful betting against the 6th-round, 4th-string-to-1st-ballot-HOF QB.

Do you know YOUR Boston sports history? Larry Bird has become emotional in front of the camera a few times.

Larry Bird should get emotional when talking about his life and the difficult childhood he overcame to become one of the best players in the history of the NBA.
ONCE AGAIN what does Larry Bird have to do with upper middle class Tom Brady getting weepy over being drafted in the 6th round as opposed to the 3rd round 11 years ago?? :rolleyes:
Bird's emotions are raw and real and come from a painful past.
Brady's weepiness??? Bizarre!!

Last edited:
You don't know BRADY very well his dog is a Pit Bull mix not a FiFi BTW WTF is a FiFi a purse you buy in Dartmouth Mall:D

That dog is looking at TFB the same way that I do.

You, very clearly, are someone who has never put anything on the line, emotionally or in faith. In the game of life, you are way up in the bleachers, along with the masses that follow the path of least resistance; ergo, for you, as T.S. Eliot wrote in the last stanza of his "Hollow Men," the world ends: "not with a bang but a whimper."

I am quoting this because of how incredibly well said and (I suspect) spot on it actually is. Great post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back