PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady shouldn't have said anything to Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady was getting in the kid's head. It's a time-honored athletic tradition. And judging from the results, it worked.

I've played many.

When you're playing against a ******ed guy 5 years younger than you...you let it go.

no, you beat the ******ed guy into submission so he learns a life lesson. I bet you he never does it again.

The word "******ed"? It's a legitimate medical word. What do you call those kids who are, um, ******ed? Class has nothing to do with it. Now if you called a ******ed guy "******", that wouldn't be classy.

But Anthony Smith is not ******ed. You're using it in a derogatory context. Brady would never do this......................

Brady, even is known to be this cool and collected guy, is one fired up player on the field and I have zero problem with him running his mouth for a change. Anthony Smith have been begging to be burned entire week and he got what he asked for. Either put up or shut up, ya know.

As for BB's comment, I wish he wouldn't have said what he said but if you do think about it, it is not entirely false. Pats faced Ed Reed, Bob Sanders, Brian Dawkins, Roy Williams, etc this year and they really are all better than Anthony Smith. :D

I would've been greatly disappointed in Tom Brady if he DIDN'T react the way he did. He was just showing his leadership skills by sticking up for his team. Would you rather have a mamby-pamby, emotionless QB leading your favorite team?

Well if Smith was talking in pre game warm ups, then it's a little different.

Although just chuckling at him would probably have been the best put down.

I am comparing him to a ******ed guy, the analogy is probably apt when comparing him to a HoF QB. I'm not saying it to his face in the middle of the game.

The word "******ed"? It's a legitimate medical word. What do you call those kids who are, um, ******ed? Class has nothing to do with it. Now if you called a ******ed guy "******", that wouldn't be classy.

True, technically and clinically you call "those kids" ******ed or whatever PC term (more likely these days) you wish.

Calling someone who isn't clinically/medically considered "******ed" as an insult, not so classy.

It's one of those things I never gave a second thought until I had a son with Down syndrome. Is he mentally ******ed? Absolutely. But the term is generally not used as a term of endearment. KWIM?

I know that wasn't your intent, it's just a touchy subject for me. When something affects you personally it changes your focus a bit.

Or whatever his name was.

He's going to the HoF why beat up on a hapless guy. Just let it go.

Same with BB, kind of classless. Why bother with him?

Also, another thought. I think Rodney Harrison needs to teach Pats DBs how to tackle. You don't run up to the guy, stop, then reach out and bear hug him...you run up, use your body as a missile and take his legs out from under him. I saw Harrison give a couple devastating tackles like this...Samuel had a good one at the end of the game. Gay needs to learn this.

Go back to 1955 please, what about medals for all the players who tried hard?

Football is an emotional game, the team has been under an unprecedented amount of scrutiny and he likely has 50 reporters camped outside of his house. He plays 1 game a week and it is his chance to 'make a statement' and blow off some steam.

BB & Brady are building those walls up even higher, it is them against the world. Personally I loved the emotion, I thought they were flat against the Eagles and the Ravens, I think the edge and the attitude helped them in this game.

Last edited:
It just seems to me that Brady is smart.

He had to know that taunting that particular guy, who clearly has a low iq, would probably result in angry-stupid play. By taunting him, he was improving the odds a mistake would be made and the patriots would benefit. It doesn't seem so much classless as it does smart playing by our quarterback. It also had the additional benefit of boosting his teams morale at the same time.

I think he'd have been stupid not to do it.

Cease and desist, Troll.

I personaly would have give the kid all the sh!t in this world from start to finish. He needs to know his place, learn a lesson or two and maybe he'll become a better player for it. Players say stuff to each other all the time. You think the more mature guys on his team didn't have a word? Behave yourself...

What about players giving sh!t to guys they've just destroyed with a tackle? Mind games are part of sports.

Criticize Tom all you want for what he said and who he said it to, but don't forget a few things:
1) We don't know the half of what is said on the field.
2) Tom backs up whatever crap he talks with his play. Its one thing to see someone trash talk, its another if someone is both trash talking and beating you.
3) Football at the NFL level requires an intense competitive drive out of the players to be the best, don't complain when that competitive drive that has brought New England to such a high level of play manifests itself with Brady yelling in the face of an opposing player.

I would've been greatly disappointed in Tom Brady if he DIDN'T react the way he did. He was just showing his leadership skills by sticking up for his team. Would you rather have a mamby-pamby, emotionless QB leading your favorite team?

Many here would.
In the always pathetic game thread several Pats fan weenies sobbed that since Brady got in Smith's face, now the big bad Steelers would HURT Brady. Sob!

want to talk class?

What about the hit in Brady's back while he had his words with Smith? what about the late hit on Eckel , IN the back.. with helmet, after the play was dead.?

Anyways.. I think Brady had all right to say a few words and it was the perfect time and place for it.

Did anyone hear Ditka this morning on Mike and Mike saying that BB and Brady should not have reacted this way?
Ditka is a hometown boy...but impartial he is not.

The word class is so overused at this point it is becoming meaningless. It means nothing and says nothing.

As far as Brady, he was always known as a "goody-two shoes" most of his career. This year he has got himself an attitude. Me, I love it. Big time.

So a fan from another team doesn't like it, tough.

Brady plays for the Patriots, get over it.

Brady was right in talking smack to Smith.

I think Rodney Harrison needs to teach Pats DBs how to tackle. You don't run up to the guy, stop, then reach out and bear hug him...you run up, use your body as a missile and take his legs out from under him.

That's an absolutely horrible, fundamentally unsound way to tackle.

But thanks for your input on a subject you know nothing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back