PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady outlasting BB?

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
I think the end of the BB era in NE probably isn't that far off. I am sure he's going to take a good hard look at this defense this offseason and decide that the team especially on that side might not not be a quick overnight fix away from real contention. Will BB want to coach as long as it takes to make a run at Shula's record and see the "finished product" and reap the rewards from this rebuild? I don't know. I think if he can at least set the table for success for whoever comes next he'll be content with that. Even though he's said differently recently I still do not believe BB really wants to coach into his mid 70's. I'm sure he also doesn't want to damage his legacy and stick around past his expiry date.

In contrast no matter what people are saying these days I do not believe Brady's retirement is imminent. I think with Brady it's football first and football always. I think he gets another extension from the Bucs for a few more years. Which means that IMO it's in play that Brady outlasts BB in the NFL. Wouldn't that be something....

Brady playing past 45 would be crazy but not surprising.

I don't think BB will coach past 73. It depends on what happens the next 2 seasons. If the team goes 1 & done or misses the playoffs entirely the next 2 seasons, Kraft may decide it's time for a new direction, just like when he agreed to move on from TFB.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
It's tougher to play QB at a high level--no matter who you are--during an age 45 season.

It's not as tough to coach into your 70's.

So I think Brady retires after 2022 100%.

But I think it's 50/50 if he returns in 2022.

Thing is, the Bucs paid him to play in 2022.

So if Brady doesn't play in 2022, would he need to give the Bucs money back?

I think Brady is beginning to realize Arians is not Belichick. Arians is more likely to cost key games.

In other words, being around Arians has likely given Tom even more admiration toward Bill.

It's tougher to play QB at a high level--no matter who you are--during an age 45 season.

It's not as tough to coach into your 70's.

So I think Brady retires after 2022 100%.

But I think it's 50/50 if he returns in 2022.

Thing is, the Bucs paid him to play in 2022.

So if Brady doesn't play in 2022, would he need to give the Bucs money back?

I think Brady is beginning to realize Arians is not Belichick. Arians is more likely to cost key games.

In other words, being around Arians has likely given Tom even more admiration toward Bill.
Nonsense. Brady is 29-9 (.763) with Arians, and so far 5-0 in the playoffs. Since last season's bye, the Bucs are 22-4 (.846).
Brady would have to pay back $16M if he doesn't play in 2022. That ain't happening.

Nonsense. Brady is 29-9 (.763) with Arians, and so far 5-0 in the playoffs. Since last season's bye, the Bucs are 22-4 (.846).
Brady would have to pay back $16M if he doesn't play in 2022. That ain't happening.
Yes but I think Brady has won in spite of Arians. In fact, I think Leftwich has had a bigger impact than Arians. At least with offense.

Arians is a good coach though.

That team is just so unpredictable and undisciplined at times.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back