PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on a return: Never say never

Hard to imagine him coming back

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Well he never said he was retired. Never use the R word at any point, never filed his retirement paper, and as far as I know he's still on the bucs roster. If he continues to train and stay in football shape he could comeback but if he has an bad season he'll crawl right back into retirement, so his next team better be loaded.

Well he never said he was retired. Never use the R word at any point, never filed his retirement paper, and as far as I know he's still on the bucs roster. If he continues to train and stay in football shape he could comeback but if he has an bad season he'll crawl right back into retirement, so his next team better be loaded.

Filing retirement papers or not means nothing.

Who does this guy think he is, Brett Fahhhvvv?

Who does this guy think he is, Brett Fahhhvvv?
He looks to me like he can't handle being out of the spotlight, coming back does damage his credibility. I'm not sure people want to read another long retirement instram post thanking team X for supporting him. His act would become tiring like Brett Favre.

coming back does damage his credibility.

rofl.gif

So say Mac gets hurt in training camp...:excited:

He looks to me like he can't handle being out of the spotlight, coming back does damage his credibility. I'm not sure people want to read another long retirement instram post thanking team X for supporting him. His act would become tiring like Brett Favre.
We'll see about the spotlight. You may be right but honestly he is going to be Jordan post-career. Every time a new QB wins the SB, he will be asked about him. Heck, Burrow looks like his clone right now so he may have 15 years of Burrow kind of how Montana had 20 years of him. He will be like King Kong in that his career will be mythologized like Jordan's where only his victories and accomplishments will be recalled. I have to admit that I am curious to see how he handles it. But rest assured, his presence is going nowhere whether he ever plays again.

The thought that coming back would damage anything is the kind of BS that makes society unbearable these days. If he wants to come back go ahead, if not then so be it. I hope he doesn't because I'll have to commit to another season.

Well on one hand you had Brett Favre who won one Super Bowl in 1996 and for the following 11 years had only constantly sucked in the playoffs and been a drama queen. On the other hand you have Tom Brady who won seven Super Bowls including one just last year.

Obviously these two situations are exactly the same.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back