PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady named to NFL 100 All-Time team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they won because of him. He was the guy on the field making the plays.
Are you saying Dallas won 3 Super Bowls on the back of Troy Aikman?

Andy got you Rdubs. This one's going to be impossible to argue, just like the Patriots won it last year because of, uh, Phillip Dorsett, who was a guy out there making the plays. Checkmate *****.
There is a difference between a guy who made a play and a major contributor. Look at Aikmans playoff #s.

Moon should have made it over Fouts, Aikman, or Namath (though the latter at least has historical relevance). Kelly maybe too. Roethlisberger probably has an argument as well; he won Super Bowls and was statistically superior (even adjusting for era) to those guys for a longer time, and though I think Rivers was generally superior to Roethlisberger the rings argument will win out. Otherwise it's tough to argue.

I think Fouts is a tough inclusion when any Chargers fan would tell you he's not the franchise's greatest quarterback, but Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Manning probably felt like just enough modern QBs.
Moon lol
Fouts absolutely unquestionably was the best QB in charger history. It’s not even close

Yup.

Career INT %
Bledsoe: 3.1
Aikman: 3.0

Career TD %
Bledsoe: 3.7
Aikman: 3.5

Throw Drew on those DAL teams and they win as well.
No way in hell do those teams win with Bledsoe. He is the antithesis of Aikman. I mean did you ever watch Aikman play?

No way in hell do those teams win with Bledsoe. He is the antithesis of Aikman. I mean did you ever watch Aikman play?
Yes did you ever watch Bledsoe play when he had a talented supporting cast, a good defense and a HoF head coach?

QB stats and wins are often inversely correlated so it is very difficult to assess QB's without looking at the entire picture and the context in which they played. Aikman played for a dynasty with a great running game and defense so he was rarely asked to carry the load. We'll never know if he could have but we do know he was extremely successful in what he was asked to do.

A bad defense hurts your chances to win but helps a QB statistically as they are playing catch up and often passing against prevent for much of the game. No reason to pass for 5,000 yards when your defense is solid. Brees is the perfect example - great QB whose stats are over inflated due to his defense being gashed and because he played in a dome. (the dome hurt his defense as well) If Brees had played outdoors his numbers would have dropped but maybe his wins increased as his defense may have been more effective.

Did Brady play better against the Eagles in the 1st or the 2nd Super Bowl? In the 1st game the defense was solid and Brady was playing ball control much of game/4th quarter. In the 2nd game the defense stunk so the Pats passed the ball 70% of the time.

Yes did you ever watch Bledsoe play when he had a talented supporting cast, a good defense and a HoF head coach?
Comparing Bledsoe to Aikman is ridiculous

The official list of finalists is out, Warren Moon didn't make the finalist list even but Joe Namath and Dan Fouts did.

EMgxaRjXUAExz33.jpg
Namath is the only awful choice

Please tell me this isn’t in any order

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-24_11-32-23.jpeg
    upload_2019-12-24_11-32-23.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 7
The fact posters in this thread think Troy Aikman has an argument for being one of the 10 best QBs of all-time tells you a lot.

I just said he’d be a finalist. The list came out, and he is.

Not sure where all the Aikman talk is coming from lol. He was just mentioning that he should be a finalist, not that he’s top 10 of all time or anything. Lmao at Namath being a finalist though. Sucks that two of

Marino
Favre
Rodgers
Brees

will probably make it. I personally think all 4 are overrated. Hopefully only one will make it at most

So who will be in studio with Brady they have usually had 3 players. I would guess Montana, Who else?

If I heard it right, Montana isn't on the NFL100 QB episode but is on the reaction show after. Dunno maybe he turned it down because being in the same room as Belichik (the guy that owned him in the playoffs as DC of the giants) and Brady (surpassed him in SB rings) was too much for him

If I heard it right, Montana isn't on the NFL100 but is on the reaction show after. Dunno maybe he turned it down because being in the same room as Belichik (the guy that owned him in the playoffs as DC of the giants) and Brady (surpassed him in SB rings) was too much for him
He is soooooo salty towards Brady. ****ing **** head. Way to be a jerk to the guy who grew up worshipping and wanting to be you. Brady did better than wanting to be him. He passed him and left him in the dust

He is soooooo salty towards Brady. ****ing **** head. Way to be a jerk to the guy who grew up worshipping and wanting to be you. Brady did better than wanting to be him. He passed him and left him in the dust

The sad part is tommy grew up idolizing the guy. Brady has tons of respect for the guy and brady would never say he’s the goat even if you asked him. The guy’s humble yet montana is a big baby when you mention brady to him. I know he’s a competitor but i think deep down he knows brady surpassed him. Only idiots like mike francesa still think he’s the goat of QBs.

The sad part is tommy grew up idolizing the guy. Brady has tons of respect for the guy and brady would never say he’s the goat even if you asked him. The guy’s humble yet montana is a big baby when you mention brady to him. I know he’s a competitor but i think deep down he knows brady surpassed him. Only idiots like mike francesa still think he’s the goat of QBs.
To be fair you have to be a certain kind of stupid to actually think 4-0 is better than 6-3 like the idiots who still claim Montana is the GOAT do. Insecure Joe can’t handle that he’s been passed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST