PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady in different Eras

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhodeislandpatsfan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I posted a comment on Pro Football Talk and think it should be considered when ranking TB12 vs All time greats, tell me if I am off-base here,

The love to say that this is QB friendly Era made for him and Manning. I say that Brady is a prototype Qb that teams dreamed for in the 70's, 80's, & 90's. He is not designed for today's game like Rodgers, Newton or Prescott. However, he shreds bigger, faster and more complex defenses than those of those Eras. Doing so at an .800 winning percentage, 7 AFCC wins & 5 Sb wins. It is ridiculous to think he would not have dominated any Era he may have played. We don't even need mention the lack of HOF support the Montana, Bradshaw and Starr had. Case closed, on to SBLII

I posted a comment on Pro Football Talk and think it should be considered when ranking TB12 vs All time greats, tell me if I am off-base here,

The love to say that this is QB friendly Era made for him and Manning. I say that Brady is a prototype Qb that teams dreamed for in the 70's, 80's, & 90's. He is not designed for today's game like Rodgers, Newton or Prescott. However, he shreds bigger, faster and more complex defenses than those of those Eras. Doing so at an .800 winning percentage, 7 AFCC wins & 5 Sb wins. It is ridiculous to think he would not have dominated any Era he may have played. We don't even need mention the lack of HOF support the Montana, Bradshaw and Starr had. Case closed, on to SBLII

I've mentioned a project I'm doing a couple times, comparing QBs across different eras. I'm getting close to the end of the numbers analysis and here's one thing that stands out, and surprised the hell out of me.

Tom Brady's 2007 season, even when adjusted, on many levels still surpasses Dan Marino's 1984 season, or either of Peyton Manning's 2004 and 2013 seasons. There's good reason for why people were more hyped about that season than they were Manning's record-breaking 2013 season; it really was THAT good.

Brady (6-4, 225)
Staubach (6-0, 180)
Montana (6-2, 205)
Bradshaw (6-3, 218)
Starr (6-1, 193)
Aikman (6-4, 220)

Brady also faces the much bigger and faster athletes of today. Branch at 3 inches taller and 25 pounds heavier, would tower over Refrigerator Perry.

The truth is a lot of those guys above would have been rejected in the draft as being too small and probably never drafted today. The reverse is not true for Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes