PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady in 2021 vs the season passing records

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
His stats now through 12 games.
1639063318595.png

I don't know why PFR is still using the 16 game pace and it hasn't been updated yet.

Assuming he plays all 17 games I'll rank Brady's chances at the passing records.

Single season pass completions (currently 471). Brady is on pace right now to beat this record (490). I think this is almost a lock if he stays healthy and plays every game which he probably will for seeding.

Single season pass attempts (currently 727). On pace for 719. I think Brady will be throwing a lot.

Single season pass yards (currently 5477). On pace for 5342. Will definitely beat his personal best (5233). Other than the Bills he's not playing against the greatest teams and the Bills don't have Tre White - so it's possible he has a big game left this regular season in him

Single season pass TD (currently 55). On pace for 48. Even if he averages 4 TD a game over these last 5 games that will make him fall one short. It's not impossible but I think the 1 vs Indy and none vs us will be why he falls just short of this one. Could definitely beat his personal best though (50).

Out of reach:
Single season completion % (74.4)
Single season passer rating (122.5)

Last edited:
After the Bills game:
1639410482667.png

Update:
Single season pass completions (471): On pace for 494 (Projected to 465 for 16 games as shown above plus his per game average puts him at 494). Will certainly get it if he plays out the season.

Single season pass attempts (727). On pace for 714. Down very slightly from last week but still doable if he plays out the season.

Single season pass yards (5477). On pace for 5406. That's up quite a bit from last week. Don't count Brady out from this one!

Single season pass TD record: On pace for 47. That's a big gap I think this might be close to out of reach tbh.

Last edited:
After the Bills game:
View attachment 38775

Update:
Single season pass completions (471): On pace for 494 (Projected to 465 for 16 games as shown above plus his per game average puts him at 494). Will certainly get it if he plays out the season.

Single season pass attempts (727). On pace for 714. Down very slightly from last week but still doable if he plays out the season.

Single season pass yards (5477). On pace for 5406. That's up quite a bit from last week. Don't count Brady out from this one!

Single season pass TD record: On pace for 47. That's a bit gap I think this might be close to out of reach tbh.

Reaching 50 TDs again would be awesome.

TB has left on their schedule Carolina (twice), NYJ and NO. The first Carolina game and the NYJ one he might be sitting or handing off a lot in the 4th quarter. The second Carolina game he might not even play depending on what's at stake seeding wise. So anything close, if predicting now, I error on the side of being conservative with my estimates.

TB has left on their schedule Carolina (twice), NYJ and NO. The first Carolina game and the NYJ one he might be sitting or handing off a lot in the 4th quarter. The second Carolina game he might not even play depending on what's at stake seeding wise. So anything close, if predicting now, I error on the side of being conservative with my estimates.
Brady will play, no matter how far the pats were ever ahead in the division, he played. Brady does not sit out games, he never has.

Brady will play, no matter how far the pats were ever ahead in the division, he played. Brady does not sit out games, he never has.

I said "in the 4th quarter". Thus not the entire game but it will effect his totals. If TB is up 31-3 in the 4th of some of those game he would sit in NE as well.

After the Saints game
1640011774915.png

Still on pace for the single season completion record (471). With AB coming back I think this one falls this year.

Single season pass attempts record (727). On pace for 731. Very doable.

Single season pass yards (5477). On pace for 5279 - he'll need a big game I think to make a run at this. Doable though. He has the Jets to feast on and Carolina's defense which was blasted by Buffalo.

Single season pass TD record (55): Out of reach now :( Oh well.

With one game to go...
1641306413282.png

16 pass completions away from setting the NFL season record for completions
On pace for 725 pass attempts, just two away from the record.
On pace for 5302 yards. To beat Manning's yards record he needs 488 yards in the finale. Not out of reach but will be tough against that defense. Might need overtime for that one.

All with the obvious asterisk of course but I don't see an argument here that he shouldn't win MVP.

Last edited:
I said "in the 4th quarter". Thus not the entire game but it will effect his totals. If TB is up 31-3 in the 4th of some of those game he would sit in NE as well.
If they are up by that, he would come off the field even in game 6. So not sure what your point is. Also you said you would err on the side of him not playing. lol They are playing for the second seed, anyone that can play will play. Oh wait I forgot the bucs force players to play so everyone plays even Godwin.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Back