PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady contract details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good deal for both sides. Gives the team a little bit of short term cap relief, keeps Brady locked up for 4 years, and gives him a big ass signing bonus right now. Plus they can easily restructure again in this same manner in 2-3 years if Brady continues to defy his age.

They are basically guaranteeing 80% or so of his salary for the next 3 years that was scheduled to make.

Only thing I don't like is the 2019 dead cap number of $14m when he is 41 and dead cap at 42 of $7m

The number are more than reasonable for a close to All-Pro level QB.

If his performance falls off a cliff its bad but thats the risk. I get it.

Hey Gisele, what do you want me to do with this check for 28 million?

Just put it on the fridge and I'll dump it in the bank while I'm doing my shopping.

Now Tommy Boy can afford the additional dog food & kennel fees for his new pup

Hey Gisele, what do you want me to do with this check for 28 million?

Just put it on the fridge and I'll dump it in the bank while I'm doing my shopping.

Like that story about Manny Ramirez when he was with the Sox. When he had people moving stuff out they kept finding the checks for $80,000 from the Sox all over the condo. On top of the TV, in the couch, in the glove compartment, in jeans pockets, under the coffee table....

So in essence, Brady has an average salary of $18 million over the next 4 years? Overthecap.com has him at an average of $20.5 million/year... why am I so easily confused?

So in essence, Brady has an average salary of $18 million over the next 4 years? Overthecap.com has him at an average of $20.5 million/year... why am I so easily confused?
Not sure. Total cash is 72m/4= 18m. I see the 20.5m. Their math is wrong

Bit disappointed that this saves essentially nothing against the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST