PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady closing in on Testaverde's record for most difference receivers with TD reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Alright, so this is an update of an offseason thread in which it was discussed that Brady could possibly catch Testaverde (70) for most different receivers to catch a TD pass from him.

So now we're down to the last game of the regular season, and Brady currently sits at 68 different receivers after having added Cooks, Allen, and Burkhead to the list this year.

If you don't think the Jets game will provide much entertainment, maybe this is something you can keep an eye on. After all, guys like Dorsett, Britt, and Gillislee had receptions last week and could possibly find the end zone this week. Even Hollister had an end zone target last week. Could one or two of them score tomorrow? We'll see.

Alright, so this is an update of an offseason thread in which it was discussed that Brady could possibly catch Testaverde (70) for most different receivers to catch a TD pass from him.

So now we're down to the last game of the regular season, and Brady currently sits at 68 different receivers after having added Cooks, Allen, and Burkhead to the list this year.

If you don't think the Jets game will provide much entertainment, maybe this is something you can keep an eye on. After all, guys like Dorsett, Britt, and Gillislee had receptions last week and could possibly find the end zone this week. Even Hollister had an end zone target last week. Could one or two of them score tomorrow? We'll see.

He had Hollister too.

It would be really cool for him to tie or even pass it tom.

No He's not. He should have broken it already. He hasn't. So don't expect any TD's to Dorsett, Hollister or Britt in this last game of the season.

By the way, you haven't checked the injury report, have you?;)

I could see each of those three getting a TD tmrw

It would be nice, but the record is already held by a Patriots QB who, amazingly, while in New England, passed for touchdowns on 33 percent of his attempts.

Kenny Britt, red zone target.

No He's not. He should have broken it already. He hasn't. So don't expect any TD's to Dorsett, Hollister or Britt in this last game of the season.

By the way, you haven't checked the injury report, have you?;)

No, I haven't checked the injury report. I'll admit, I've been on vacation with the kids and haven't kept up with my recent Pats news. In fact, it's my first time posting all week. I assume some of the potential targets I've listed may not even play tomorrow, huh?

I don't know why you think Brady should have broken it already. A QB who hasn't changed teams usually tops out at 4 new TD targets a season. So Brady only having three to this point isn't all that crazy. Just b/c it's the last week of the season doesn't mean that he's out of the running though. Michael Floyd got his TD reception in the last week of the season last year (and Lengel was second ot last week).

No, I haven't checked the injury report. I'll admit, I've been on vacation with the kids and haven't kept up with my recent Pats news. In fact, it's my first time posting all week. I assume some of the potential targets I've listed may not even play tomorrow, huh?

I don't know why you think Brady should have broken it already. A QB who hasn't changed teams usually tops out at 4 new TD targets a season. So Brady only having three to this point isn't all that crazy. Just b/c it's the last week of the season doesn't mean that he's out of the running though. Michael Floyd got his TD reception in the last week of the season last year (and Lengel was second ot last week).

I just meant, he's had the guys to do it all season to break it. If he hasn't done it yet, I don't see why he's going to do it in the finale. Will have to wait and see what's up next season. Gillislee is out with a knee.

I just meant, he's had the guys to do it all season to break it. If he hasn't done it yet, I don't see why he's going to do it in the finale. Will have to wait and see what's up next season. Gillislee is out with a knee.

gotchya, makes sense....one possible scenario that may make it more likely...if the Pats are up big at the half they may scale back Cooks and Gronk, giving more opportunities for Britt and Hollister. If this happened I'd like to see Brady out of the game too but we all know he rarely comes out early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back