PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady chokes up twice Monday night, talking about his dad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
d%#*!@t, I just finished chopping onions.o_O

Thanks for the clip. I will never understand the hatred toward Brady. He really is a great role model and genuinely loves his family. We are so lucky he is a New England Patriot.

No link, this was on the NFL page of ESPN :

Mike ReissESPN Staff Writer
Patriots QB Tom Brady was asked about how he was emotional at Opening Night when talking about his father. Today, he acknowledged a "family situation", as his father has been to one game this season while his mother has not attended a game. Brady expects both at Super Bowl LI.

I hate to say LOL after that but it does make me laugh to think he's still trying to make them proud. As if that didn't happen a long, long time ago.

Last edited:
Sounds like his dad might be sick :(

I have thought this for a few weeks now that there was something else. He was really beat the day of the presser after the playoff game versus the Texans.

Reading Reiss' tweets, him choking up yesterday and the very emphatic shout out to them after the AFCCG (though some said he has come that before), makes me think you might be on to something.
More likely his mom, as she hasn't been to a game and his Dad seems quite . . . active. Regardless, whatever, whoever, it makes me want TB12 to get the win that little bit more.

I think early in the year Tom commented on how cancer has impacted his family.

Can't recall Tom every being this emotional on the subject of his dad.

Saying that he hoped TB12 Sr would attend the SB was interesting- and concerning.

Tom Sr sounded fine on his rant but you never know. My dad golfed and did all kinds of stuff when he had cancer.

As others have said, my fear is that Tom's mom may be battling cancer.

Hate to jump to conclusions like this. Hope everyone is ok.

Last edited:
More likely his mom, as she hasn't been to a game and his Dad seems quite . . . active. Regardless, whatever, whoever, it makes me want TB12 to get the win that little bit more.
As I mentioned in another thread (the practice one, I think), Brady gave an interview back in October (Jim Rome's show, maybe?) where (IMHO) he all but said someone in his family has cancer (and probably breast cancer given the context). There was a thread on that interview on this board.

Seems like it might be cautiously good news :

A Brady family source told me Tuesday that Brady’s mother, Galynn, has been dealing with health issues for the past 18 months. She’s been doing much better recently, but her illness has been a major source of concern for the family, including Tom Brady Sr., and Brady’s sisters, Julie, Maureen and Nancy.

Brady's mother illness was a weight for him to bear this season

This makes me even more angry at goodell for putting them through all the bullsh!t.

Don't know if it was mentioned yet, but for everyone who railed Tom when he was asked "ARE YOU A CHEATER?!" and answered "I don't think so," I think it's safe to say it's a quirk of his in interviews. "I think my dad is my hero."

Some troll pointed out "YOU THINK HE'S YOUR HERO?!" somewhere else and it reminded me of the DG presss conference

My dad is my hero too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference