Brady at the Met Gala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clue Heywood
@ClueHeywood
Tom Brady looks like the accountant for a Mariachi band

7:16 PM - May 7, 2018
89 people are talking about this

Check out the nail polish. Brady may be the first female QB in the history of the NFL :D and I'm only half kidding about that. Tommy possesses many feminine qualities as Matt Light has made hilarious reference to in the past.
wait, did he do his nails?
jrqp3_s-200x150.gif

Clearly, all of us are a bunch of fashion shlubs, and Gisele is certainly qualified to dress her man however the eff she wants. Nails and all.

But....
Tommy, what the hell? Ridiculous. He looks like Albus Dumbeldore as a young man. FYI you non Harry Potter geeks... Dumbeldore was gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

wait, did he do his nails?
jrqp3_s-200x150.gif

Clearly, all of us are a bunch of fashion shlubs, and Gisele is certainly qualified to dress her man however the eff she wants. Nails and all.

But....
Tommy, what the hell? Ridiculous. He looks like Albus Dumbeldore as a young man. FYI you non Harry Potter geeks... Dumbeldore was gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
How does Dumbledore like to go downhill?

Walking.

JK Rowling

Pretty simple. My wife picks me out a halloween costume, I wear it whether I like it or not.

Apparently Giselle helped design the suit with Versace, Giselle has a billion dollar brand with a whole team of fashion designers set to keep trend, set trend etc. Like it or not, mission accomplished, it created talk in the fashion world.

Yikes. Looks good on him though. For a real laugh picture yourself in that outfit.

But what did Jimmy wear?

(Can't have a Brady thread without mentioning the 49's QB)

1. I smoke cigars year-round in my unheated garage where, in cold weather, neighbor's cats pee.
2. I own boxer shorts purchased during the previous century.
3. I own multiple flasks... one of which can usually be found in my glove compartment.
4. My wife refuses to share a bathroom with me.

So when I say I cannot relate to his outfit, the whole "gala" scene, or much of Brady's "metrosexuality..." well, you have some context. :)

I believe there is balance in most things.

TB is gifted in the area of football. If that comes with a loss in having a sense of fashion, who am I to complain. Plus, it's one outfit that we are looking at, I'm sure there are other outfits that are equally or even more outlandish being worn.

Besides, he accessorizes better than any man there, I bet.

1. I smoke cigars year-round in my unheated garage where, in cold weather, neighbor's cats pee.
2. I own boxer shorts purchased during the previous century.
3. I own multiple flasks... one of which can usually be found in my glove compartment.
4. My wife refuses to share a bathroom with me.

So when I say I cannot relate to his outfit, the whole "gala" scene, or much of Brady's "metrosexuality..." well, you have some context. :)
And, despite the fantasies of many, he is not even trying to relate to most of us, except when he's between the lines on Sunday (or Thursday or Monday or Saturday...but you get the idea).
Tom Brady: Take him or leave him. Love him or hate him.
Personally, what he does between the lines is more than good enough for me.

If I got to rub Giselle's ass, like Brady was doing during the red carpet photo shoot, then I'd be willing to wear that "fashionable" jacket as well. I just hope Tommy boy wasn't thinking of David Andrews when he was doing that.

The Vatican was intimately involved in selecting the garments and accessories that are in the exhibit, knew full well how they would be used and spent three years negotiating the whole deal...even giving the keys to the Sistine Chapel's sacristy to someone from the Met and Vogue. Anna Wintour made at least two trips to Rome herself to pull this off and the Cardinals who approved it fall in the category of "nobody's fools." They knew exactly what they were doing.

The Church has influenced popular culture, for better and for worse, for millennia and has had a far greater and lasting impact on it than any pop stars or athletes have ever or will ever have. This was a calculated decision, made with the full awareness that "haters are gonna hate." But today, there are hundreds of thousands of people who are looking at how the Church has influenced fashion and popular culture (high and low!) and saying, "Gee, I didn't know that."

You really ought to read a little of the background on the Exhibit and event.

The Vatican was intimately involved in selecting the garments and accessories that are in the exhibit, knew full well how they would be used and spent three years negotiating the whole deal...even giving the keys to the Sistine Chapel's sacristy to someone from the Met and Vogue. Anna Wintour made at least two trips to Rome herself to pull this off and the Cardinals who approved it fall in the category of "nobody's fools." They knew exactly what they were doing.

The Church has influenced popular culture, for better and for worse, for millennia and has had a far greater and lasting impact on it than any pop stars or athletes have ever or will ever have. This was a calculated decision, made with the full awareness that "haters are gonna hate." But today, there are hundreds of thousands of people who are looking at how the Church has influenced fashion and popular culture (high and low!) and saying, "Gee, I didn't know that."

Damn, FreeTed got taken to school on this one! I guess sometimes you just can't use every little thing (in this case, Tom Brady's clothes!) as an excuse to spout your political rants and expect it not to backfire.

I believe there is balance in most things.

TB is gifted in the area of football. If that comes with a loss in having a sense of fashion, who am I to complain. Plus, it's one outfit that we are looking at, I'm sure there are other outfits that are equally or even more outlandish being worn.

Besides, he accessorizes better than any man there, I bet.
Kramer's lady friend, the Low Talker, manipulated Jerry into wearing the Puffy Shirt ........22 minutes of comedy gold.
Brady's Lady has just outdone the Low Talker.

upload_2018-5-8_11-7-47.png

I bet anything Brady lobbied Gisele to wear the Puffy Shirt under his Three Amigos knockoff and he wanted to wear a pirate patch and mascara as well.
Gisele responded: Don't be ridiculous....just my costume and neutral nail polish

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore