PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bowers and Heyward in round 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...of not getting any of Bill's draft selections correct,
incl. Two RBs - and Zero Front-7 Defenders - inside the top 75?
You're not alone.

Just curious: if Bill had kept #28, whom from Bowers, Heywood & Mo Wilkerson
would you have wished that Bill had chosen?

Heyward, I think he will a solid no frills type of pro, similar to Ty Warren. The fact that the Steelers drafted him speaks volumes, they are a very good drafting team that doesn't make many whiffs.

Heyward, I think he will a solid no frills type of pro, similar to Ty Warren. The fact that the Steelers drafted him speaks volumes, they are a very good drafting team that doesn't make many whiffs.

haha interesting looking back on this... we could have had Solder, Bowers and Heyward.

Very interesting who would have expected that before the draft?

I would have changed my tune had NE selected Bowers (I'm not afraid to admit I think they know more than I do), but I never wanted any part of Bowers. When I watched him play I didn't see any of the explosiveness that people saw, he was neutralize pretty easily with the exception of about 5 of the 50 of so plays I watched of him.

Then add in injury issues and I had him off my board entirely.

I would have changed my tune had NE selected Bowers (I'm not afraid to admit I think they know more than I do), but I never wanted any part of Bowers. When I watched him play I didn't see any of the explosiveness that people saw, he was neutralize pretty easily with the exception of about 5 of the 50 of so plays I watched of him.

Then add in injury issues and I had him off my board entirely.

Nicely put, on TWO accounts.

1 ~ As unabashedly as I criticize Coach B's moves ~ he is PLAINLY human and fallible, if you have eyes to see ~ I am VERY comfortable deferring to him and his crew ~ especially Coach Dante ~ whenever there's uncertainty on my part, which is quite often, thank you.

2 ~ I, too, never fully got the fervor for Bowers, though better minds than my own admired him.

I really think there's a decent chance that Bowers would have fallen to the 3rd round if the Bucs passed on him.

Nicely put, on TWO accounts.

1 ~ As unabashedly as I criticize Coach B's moves ~ he is PLAINLY human and fallible, if you have eyes to see ~ I am VERY comfortable deferring to him and his crew ~ especially Coach Dante ~ whenever there's uncertainty on my part, which is quite often, thank you.

2 ~ I, too, never fully got the fervor for Bowers, though better minds than my own admired him.

Completely agree

Yeah, I think I would've leaned towards Heyward too, the diff. being his higher-calibre
competition & his pedigre, though the TJ surgery in January def. concerns me.

While re-reading this thread, I didn't understand the Bowers love pre-draft.
At 6-3 1/2 & 275-280, and with a serious knee issue, he would not now or ever
have the agility to convert to OLB, nor have the size to hold the fort at DE.
I was hoping that someone would take him before 17, so that somebody who could
actually help us would drop further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back