PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blue Bloods Writers Take A Shot At Patriots Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

bresna

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The writers of the CBS television series "Blue Bloods", big Jets fans who once wrote a scene forcing Patriots fans Donnie Wahlberg & Bridget Moynahan to don Jets jerseys, were at it again a few weeks ago. There is a scene where Donnie Whalberg's character asks his partner, played by actress Jennifer Esposito, what's happening with her love life. Her response? "It's not going to last. He's an idiot. He's a Patriots fan".

I had to play it back twice to see if I was hearing it right.

The writers are just busting the Pats fan actors balls, or whatever. Sorry Bridget.

Boycott this show.

Not because of this post but because it sucks like everything on network TV.

Apologies in advance to the geriatrics who mainline CBS procedurals.

To which I respond:

3759327.jpg

The writers are just busting the Pats fan actors balls, or whatever. Sorry Bridget.

Somehow I just don't expect any scene with Bridget in a Brady jersey........
She might even have that in her contract....

who watches that crap anyway?

Being Jets fans is punishment enough for the writers. They need some avenue to vent, and 95% of their viewers dont care or are unaware of why that scene is even a joke.

Never watched the show. don't care. But on a related topic.......

I happened to watch a few episodes of "The League" on Netflix. It was an FX show in 09-10. I think it's hillarious. Anyone else?

I happened to watch a few episodes of "The League" on Netflix. It was an FX show in 09-10. I think it's hillarious. Anyone else?

It's stil an FX show. It's in its 4th season.

It's stil an FX show. It's in its 4th season.

Wow. Another clear case of far too many channels and limited time to even know whats out there.

The writers of the CBS television series "Blue Bloods", big Jets fans who once wrote a scene forcing Patriots fans Donnie Wahlberg & Bridget Moynahan to don Jets jerseys, were at it again a few weeks ago. There is a scene where Donnie Whalberg's character asks his partner, played by actress Jennifer Esposito, what's happening with her love life. Her response? "It's not going to last. He's an idiot. He's a Patriots fan".

I had to play it back twice to see if I was hearing it right.

It's a show about a blue-collar family from Queens, so what do you expect? Of course they'd be football fans and most likely root for the Jets (who used to play home games at Shea.)

Also, something tells me that Bridget Moynahan isn't the biggest Pats fan anymore.

You know, if this were an Aaron Sorkin written show and it took some potshots at the Pats, maybe it would turn my head. But I honestly don't give a damn that a show I'll never watch is taking shots.

can't wait!!.....to never watch

Last edited:
Never watched the show. don't care. But on a related topic.......

One of my favorite shows....have never seen an episode that didn't have me LOL. My wife saw it once and doesn't miss it since....and she isn't a sports fan.

Chalupa Batman!

Southland >>>>>>>>>>>>> Blue Bloods

The actor (Danny) who said "dump him" is a Patriots fan, raised in Dorchester ( Wahlborg)

I always found Blue Bloods to be an annoying POS anyway.

Wow, my feelings are really hurt.

:cry2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing