PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blitz for Six....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bella*chick

Addicted to the light
Reaction score
The Patriots have filed a trademark for this so that's going to be the slogan.

One of the articles I read said "is that the best they could do?"

What do you think? I kind of like it.

Someone started a poll on this yesterday. I think it was one of the more favorable slogans. It's ok. It works although this team doesn't do a lot of blitzing. Maybe it's a hidden message. Flowers might want to warm up early going into next season. What's the sack record?:D

The Patriots have filed a trademark for this so that's going to be the slogan.

One of the articles I read said "is that the best they could do?"

What do you think? I kind of like it.

I hate it. Different season different team, to me it goes against Belichick's emphasis on the present and is really a media concoction, just as Drive For Five was.

Someone started a poll on this yesterday. I think it was one of the more favorable slogans. It's ok. It works although this team doesn't do a lot of blitzing. Maybe it's a hidden message. Flowers might want to warm up early going into next season. What's the sack record?:D

That's true. I do like it a lot better than the suggestion of Pick Six which is obviously something no one wants to do or be reminded of.

In the Mix for Six is ok but not forceful enough.

Six is a hard one. Drive for Five is so obvious.

I hate it. Different season different team, to me it goes against Belichick's emphasis on the present and is really a media concoction, just as Drive For Five was.

I'm BB had nothing to do with it and couldn't care less. Did you like Drive for Five?

Its alright, was hoping for something a little better but could be worse.

I'm BB had nothing to do with it and couldn't care less. Did you like Drive for Five?

Nope, didn't like that either especially with that hypocritical sack of sh.t Tanguay on the bus heading to Houston. I agree that Belichick has nothing to do with it and I understand the copyright end of it I just don't care for it.

BB & I spoke last night. We both agreed slogans are dumb. We talked about the fact that next year's team will be totally different from this team & that past success has no bearing on the next game. We chatted about how the only thing that matters ATM is to begin the process of evaluating talent (on the team, in FA, and draft eligible players) while preparing spring camps. We concluded that slogans are useless & winning IS the only thing that matters. He grumbled something about a boat & "it beats working" and we hung up.

It's meh...none of that stuff does much for me.

From a PR standpoint, I get the Drive for Five thing, but "Blitz for Six" seems flat to me for some reason.

It also reminds me of the Steelers for some reason...maybe it's the "blitzburgh" thing :rolleyes:

EDIT - Though as a Zeppelin fan, I'd get behind "Stairway to Seven"

It's meh...none of that stuff does much for me.

From a PR standpoint, I get the Drive for Five thing, but "Blitz for Six" seems flat to me for some reason.

It also reminds me of the Steelers for some reason...maybe it's the "blitzburgh" thing :rolleyes:

This may have to be an acquired taste thing for me. I am not liking it at the time of this post. Besides, I thought these things came from what Bill actually teaches or what they accomplish, not some preconceived thing anyway, like "Do Your Job" and "One More." I get that it's somewhat different than "Drive for Five" but still... it's corny to me when it's preconceived to the degree of trademarking it.

Last edited:
Does anyone ever think about how it is improbable it is to go to the SB 7 times in the 17 years BB has been coach?? 6 AFC Championships in a row... pinch me make sure this is real.

Do not give a rats ass how they market it, as long as they continue their prominence in the league..

What, was "Six Fiends" taken?

"Six Maniacs?"

"Rough Six?"

I'll leave now.

Eh, kinda weak. I like the fix for six. Or eat a bag of six.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes