PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills release Kelvin Benjamin, Andre Holmes

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score

Wow, this came out of nowhere. Should we be interested?

I wouldn't mind a flyer on Kelvin. Not a big fan, but the redzone eh?

Holmes was a PS player for us way back. I liked his game in Oakland but it's clear now he'll never be a real player. As for Benjamin...no thanks. Would be more of a Hollister upgrade than anything else and comes with baggage.

I wouldn't mind a flyer on Kelvin. Not a big fan, but the redzone eh?

I wouldn't mind him as a red zone target or even try him out as a receiving tight end. He probably wishes he never forced his way out of Carolina. He's been horrible with the Bills.

One things for certain I don't think Benjamin have learned a NFL Offense yet and he's definitely not learning ours.

I could see a Team like the Texans going after him they like those Tall Fast Receivers. Also Miami is depleted at WR so they could claim him.

Benjamin was not interested in taking extra reps with the QBs there, especially not Allen. In other words, he didn't seem to care very much.

I bet he ends up in Carolina.

Benjamin was not interested in taking extra reps with the QBs there, especially not Allen. In other words, he didn't seem to care very much.

I bet he ends up in Carolina.

I don’t know man, he seemed to burn a lot of bridges (with Cam) after leaving.

I don't even think Benjamin could play tight end. Dude is slower than some of the Big receivers who have a tight end designation.

I might give Benjamin a sniff as a move TE to give us some size in the red zone but it would be an uphill battle to not only change positions this late in the season, but to do it in the hardest offense in football. As a WR, he’s toast.

The amount owed for what, a few games might scare me off. Plus who knows if he can pick up the offense at a josh Gordon type pace.

I don't even think Benjamin could play tight end. Dude is slower than some of the Big receivers who have a tight end designation.
Can he block? Well enough to replace Allen?

Can he block? Well enough to replace Allen?
lol hell no! Gronk and Allen are like the premiere blocking tight ends in the league right now. Every game lately I've been watching tight ends, and so far, all of them either suck or are below average. Small sample size though. But so far it's not looking promising which is pretty sad.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back