PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills fire GM Doug Whaley, hours after end of draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect there was a similar agreement in place in BUF. Old GM helps new coach and gets a nice severance along with a pink slip

Think it is more about avoiding this situation:

So, you keep the GM & staff with you until after the draft to make sure none of your research gets leaked to someone else.

I'm becoming concerned that Buffalo, Miami and the NYJ may all have become competent in the personnel area.

I think I'm more worried about the Colts without Grigson screwing things up.

False. We learned that being generally aware is enough to be convicted of something in modern society still.:cool::p

I agree, but I was talking about the Bills knowing the Panthers draft plans.

Id guess this was more about being in constant cap hell (no leverage, flexibility year-round) with no results to show . and then losing solid prime players to rival(s)

EDIT: Pats were very aggressive in FA & they brought back virtually all of their top players they wanted (despite winning SBLI that drove their prices up) & are still around top 10 in cap space for 2017 & 2018 (despite 8M increase in 2018 TB's cap hit) .. that must be both painful and tempting to watch..
I'd guess there might be a couple of other factors: Hogan. Gillislee. And Gilmore, to rub more salt in those wounds.

Somebody who knew somebody in the know tipped off the Bills board last night about this.

Doug Marrone's decision to opt out of his contract is looking smarter now.

I don't grasp the reasoning behind keeping him after the season ended then firing him now.

This should have happened months ago. No?o_O
Easy, it's the bills

Yeah, this is a pretty Bills thing to do.

I think the ineptitude in the AFC east has a lot to do with fear of BB and the Pats. They all know they're gonna lose very off-season, training camp, pre-season, season, and post season. The fear freezes 'em up and makes 'em stupid. They see a pic of Belichick and think, "Daddy's gonna get me!!." And he does. It's all very primitive and Oedipal. BB burns their little huts and takes their women, and there isn't a thing they can do about it. Really sucks to be them, I reckon.

I think the ineptitude in the AFC east has a lot to do with fear of BB and the Pats. They all know they're gonna lose very off-season, training camp, pre-season, season, and post season. The fear freezes 'em up and makes 'em stupid. They see a pic of Belichick and think, "Daddy's gonna get me!!." And he does. It's all very primitive and Oedipal. BB burns their little huts and takes their women, and there isn't a thing they can do about it. Really sucks to be them, I reckon.

What is the best in football?

Crush your enemies with epic comebacks. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their fanbase.

Whaley gone.
Grigson gone.
Maccagnan might actually prove to know what he's doing.
The Dolphins might have a bonifide HC.

Is there a chance that Belichick scared these teams into the dreaded "intelligence zone?"

Last edited:
Only in Billdo land. Between the Jetes and the Billdos I'm not sure who is more difunctional. They both make the LOLphins look like they are completely on top of things. And we all know the Golphins are making Sunday tee times in early January year in year out.

One word: owners.

Knowing it's the Bills and losing is their goal, I'm surprised they didn't hold onto the guy until he made a smart move.
I don't grasp the reasoning behind keeping him after the season ended then firing him now.

This should have happened months ago. No?o_O

Let's see.

1.) marrone walks out because of you.
2.) you trade up for Watkins, the human banana.
3.) you give marcel Darius a new contract with a ton more money than he should have received!
4.) you lose hogan to us.
5.) you lose gillislee to us.
6.) you lose Gilmore to us.
7.) you completely bungle the Taylor contract situation as well as his playing time at the end of last season.

I know the buffalo owner is rich, but man that is a lot of pain to endure,

Disagree, Lions had the worst in Millen and Mayhew. Now thank God they have a GM in Quinn..

The ineptitude the poster was referring too was firing him a day after that draft.

Think it is more about avoiding this situation:

So, you keep the GM & staff with you until after the draft to make sure none of your research gets leaked to someone else.

Could probably still do that but, I assume you could be held legally responsible at that point?

Whaley gone.
Grigson gone.
Maccagnan might actually prove to know what he's doing.
The Dolphins might have a bonifide HC.

Is there a chance that Belichick scared these teams into the dreaded "intelligence zone?"
Bill blew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference