2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisR2223

Pro Bowl Player
If I was Carolina I would have a beef supposedly Carolinas assistant GM will replace him and Buff traded in front of Carolina twice to grab guys they had on the top of the board.
You don't think the ass gm was whispering to his new employer do you?

• Winner
Reactions: PP2

luuked

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
If I was Carolina I would have a beef supposedly Carolinas assistant GM will replace him and Buff traded in front of Carolina twice to grab guys they had on the top of the board.

Am sure McDermott himself knew enough to do this without some backchannel chatter. But definitely a bad look.

rookBoston

In the Starting Line-Up
I think Buffalo would be a laughing stock even if they weren't in the same Division as the goat GM.

cavtroop

In the Starting Line-Up

Roger should get his phone, and dock them a 1st and a million $

The Gr8est

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
OT: Bills fire GM Doug Whaley

Comical. Who was making the picks the last 3 days, then?

Whoever it was made a gr8 trade with the Chiefs and got their 2018 1st round pick.

Does management think the Bills would have been smarter drafting Mahomes or Watson?

robertweathers

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I don't grasp the reasoning behind keeping him after the season ended then firing him now.

This should have happened months ago. No?o_O

In 2000 BB was hired but Notorious BIG was still "GM" when we all knew Bill was calling the shots on draft day. A few days later, Bobby was sacked.

I suspect there was a similar agreement in place in BUF. Old GM helps new coach and gets a nice severance along with a pink slip

Last edited:

long distance

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Whoever it was made a gr8 trade with the Chiefs and got their 2018 1st round pick.

Does management think the Bills would have been smarter drafting Mahomes or Watson?

Id guess this was more about being in constant cap hell (no leverage, flexibility year-round) with no results to show . and then losing solid prime players to rival(s)

EDIT: Pats were very aggressive in FA & they brought back virtually all of their top players they wanted (despite winning SBLI that drove their prices up) & are still around top 10 in cap space for 2017 & 2018 (despite 8M increase in 2018 TB's cap hit) .. that must be both painful and tempting to watch..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.