PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills bench EJ Manuel, Kyle Orton to start at QB

Ouch.

So much for their first round pick....

interesting they are giving up on the EJ manuel experiment so soon. his 2nd year

4042940-4015243-8995197689-giphy.gif

Oops didn't see this was posted already, please merge.

Hahahahahah the jills. Hahahha

The funny thing is Manuel is benched. Tannehill is reportedly in danger of being benched. Yet, Geno Smith's starting job is secure according to Rex Ryan.

Even if the Pats go 9-7, they may clinch the division by the end of November.

8 games win this division.

ej has plenty of weapons yet struggles. his line is OK/rb's are solid...

From Bills twitter: Doug Marrone on EJ Manuel: "This is a great opportunity for him to sit back ... And work on ... correcting those issues."

In other words: "This is a great opportunity to not have EJ Manuel as QB"

Strange decision.

The legend of neckbeard lives on!!!
kyle_orton_drunk31.jpg

Strange decision.

Not Really, look if I'm an NFL head coach, basically your career rises and falls with your starting QB. If I'm Marrone, I'm not saddling my career to EJ Manuel, not his pick, not his guy. Play Orten for a while, once you are out of it, put Manuel back in, tank the rest of the season and try and find a QB in the draft. It buys you more time as a coach. Really does anyone here think he is ever going to be a great starting QB in the NFL? anyone??

editor's note, writer is a classmate of Doug Marrone, good guy.

2013 was a terrible draft year at QB.

well I would have expected the grean beans QB to be put in timeout first. Then again I keep forgetting the head coach likes to get tattoos of his qb's so that turnover machine is safe for 5 years.

Good thing they traded their first pick next year already.

that bills team has a nuff talent on defense to win now not win a SB lol but maybe win 10 games and a playoff spot. the jets should do the same but vick has only played a full 16 games once in his career so even if he does play better he will get hurt at some point and they will be right back to Geno

Bummer. I was hoping Manuel would last at least until us. Orton should play well with those skill position players around him.

Bummer. I was hoping Manuel would last at least until us. Orton should play well with those skill position players around him.
So should EJ Manuel.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back