PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Polian: Pats are not that good

Status
Not open for further replies.
aW6D92A_700b.jpg

I think everyone needs to calm down. That fool said what he said for attention, but at the same time, he's telling the truth.

Last year, I did not think we were that great of a team, we were just better than anyone in the AFC because other teams lacked a decent QB. If the Texans had a QB, we would not have played in the SB. That D had the blueprint and Brady was embarrassing himself at times. Yes, I'm going by what I saw in the game and it was not good. Then we had to face sorry Pittsburgh, who unfortunately still gets hyped because of the past and a good receiver -- the team sucks and have sucked since Tomlin took over, no ring will change that fact.

That Superbowl, like it or not, was rigged and rehearsed. As soon as I saw all the Muhammad Ali references in the preshow, I said they were foreshadowing the game and Brady would have some type of comeback, but dang, I didn't think they would go all out and recreate Ali vs Frazier in NFL format. The plagerism or tribute was straight uncanny and the suspension of disbelief was even worse.

Nobody is going to convince me that ATL's defense got tired from the old rope-a-dope and Brady knocked them out. Again, my judgement on the matter will not be blinded by my fandom. Brady or ATL's D had nothing to do with Matt Ryan and his offense playing completely out of character towards the end, they go from practically walking into the end zone all night, to Ryan standing in the pocket, waiting for hits/sacks or to intentionally overthrow his receiver, he could've at least managed the clock, the mess was outright comedy at that point . They were practically waiting or hoping that Brady would outscore them. At no point, did I think we would lose, while watching the game, because I knew in my gut that it was rigged in our favor.

Brady clearly stop pursuing his appeal of Deflategate because the *32 gave him an offer he couldn't refuse, which was likely the next 2 SBs and a chance to recreate the dynasty aura in New England before his retirement, as long as he didn't expose the league for the frauds that they are. Sad.

I didn't even get excited after the Superbowl, I was actually disappointed with the product. I did shed a tear, when the overwhelmed Brady fell to his knees, the guy truly deserves an Oscar for that gratifying moment, it was almost as good as Game of Thrones, when the North rallied around Ned Stark's bastard, Jon Snow instead of the legitimate Stark girl and crowned him the King of the North. They've been my favorite characters for years and they deserve every honor; However, Brady's story was horribly written last season, compared to Jon Snow's.

As I said before, I have to start thinking of the NFL as I do with the WWE and talk about it in kayfabe. I would actually find myself more happy for my team and fussing about the audacity of Bill Politan, if I did. Otherwise, the storylines last year sucked and the league could definitely use new writers, better halftime performances, and a decent commercial for the SB. The whole show was garbage last year.

The rant is over and now I'm going into my shell until the season starts with the "One more for Brady campaign." The story of Brady v Garrapolo should be fun, almost like Jon Snow v Sansa Stark if it comes to that. I'll be watching... I think.

Oh. Oh. WOW.

I think everyone needs to calm down. That fool said what he said for attention, but at the same time, he's telling the truth.

Last year, I did not think we were that great of a team, we were just better than anyone in the AFC because other teams lacked a decent QB. If the Texans had a QB, we would not have played in the SB. That D had the blueprint and Brady was embarrassing himself at times. Yes, I'm going by what I saw in the game and it was not good. Then we had to face sorry Pittsburgh, who unfortunately still gets hyped because of the past and a good receiver -- the team sucks and have sucked since Tomlin took over, no ring will change that fact.

That Superbowl, like it or not, was rigged and rehearsed. As soon as I saw all the Muhammad Ali references in the preshow, I said they were foreshadowing the game and Brady would have some type of comeback, but dang, I didn't think they would go all out and recreate Ali vs Frazier in NFL format. The plagerism or tribute was straight uncanny and the suspension of disbelief was even worse.

Nobody is going to convince me that ATL's defense got tired from the old rope-a-dope and Brady knocked them out. Again, my judgement on the matter will not be blinded by my fandom. Brady or ATL's D had nothing to do with Matt Ryan and his offense playing completely out of character towards the end, they go from practically walking into the end zone all night, to Ryan standing in the pocket, waiting for hits/sacks or to intentionally overthrow his receiver, he could've at least managed the clock, the mess was outright comedy at that point . They were practically waiting or hoping that Brady would outscore them. At no point, did I think we would lose, while watching the game, because I knew in my gut that it was rigged in our favor.

Brady clearly stop pursuing his appeal of Deflategate because the *32 gave him an offer he couldn't refuse, which was likely the next 2 SBs and a chance to recreate the dynasty aura in New England before his retirement, as long as he didn't expose the league for the frauds that they are. Sad.

I didn't even get excited after the Superbowl, I was actually disappointed with the product. I did shed a tear, when the overwhelmed Brady fell to his knees, the guy truly deserves an Oscar for that gratifying moment, it was almost as good as Game of Thrones, when the North rallied around Ned Stark's bastard, Jon Snow instead of the legitimate Stark girl and crowned him the King of the North. They've been my favorite characters for years and they deserve every honor; However, Brady's story was horribly written last season, compared to Jon Snow's.

As I said before, I have to start thinking of the NFL as I do with the WWE and talk about it in kayfabe. I would actually find myself more happy for my team and fussing about the audacity of Bill Politan, if I did. Otherwise, the storylines last year sucked and the league could definitely use new writers, better halftime performances, and a decent commercial for the SB. The whole show was garbage last year.

The rant is over and now I'm going into my shell until the season starts with the "One more for Brady campaign." The story of Brady v Garrapolo should be fun, almost like Jon Snow v Sansa Stark if it comes to that. I'll be watching... I think.
giphy.gif

Polian is slowly being exposed as a fraud and the luckiest GM of all time.

Buffalo Bills (GM 86-92) - took over as GM in 86 for a 2-14 team, but inherited a HOF QB in Jim Kelly (84), HOF DE in Bruce Smith (85) and HOF WR in Andre Reed (85).
Buffalo Bills All-Time Draft History | Pro-Football-Reference.com
-his drafts were horrible. The success of the Bills were because of Marv Levy and Jim Kelly/Bruce Smith
-he lasted 6 years for one of the great teams over that period, because his drafts were horrible

Colts - he took over a team that had the #1 pick and Peyton Manning, they already drafted MArvin Harrison a couple of years earlier. His defenses were always subpar. When Manning was out, the team was so poorly constructed that they were the worst team in football.

It's an embarassment to the HOF that Polian is in there.

Colts

He did have a good foundation to build upon in buffalo. I'll give him credit for some of those draft picks under his watch..Thurman Thomas round 2, don Beebe, Phil Hansen.

He should get more credit for these picks compared to taking manning #1. Plus the decision to take manning over leaf was made once leaf no showed to a meeting with Indy. Who knows what would Have happened had leaf gone and impressed in the interview.

Can I get a hit of that please.....

I think the, "let's be fair, what he said is true" crowd are missing the point. It wasn't for lack of trying that Polian's criticism was so benign, it was because he literally couldn't think of anything worse.

I was wondering the same thing.

images%2Farticle%2F2016%2F04%2F03%2Ftyrionconfused1.gif
Way off topic, but Tyrion is the best character in that series. And now that I think about it, he would be 1000 times better than The Fraudger as commissioner.

This is probably gonna get me flamed but take the whole quote in context and I actually agree with him. *takes a bath in bleach yuck ick blah!* the patriots are very good and on paper the best team in the league what they are not is Alabama taking on Appalachian State every week. I doubt we will see many 50-0 blowouts where they impose the mercy rule by the 3rd quarter. They don't have 15 All pro's and it's not the top end talent on the roster that is impressive. The patriots look so damn good because they are unbelievably deep. I feel that our 2nd string could give the bottom 10 teams starters a run for their money. When a guy like Mitchell is your 4th receiver or Rowe and Harmon coming off the bench holy crap it's not normal to have legit starting guys that low on the depth chart.

All of that said I guess my point is all it takes is an off week or one of the playoff teams playing really well for the pats to lose a game. They are not SO much more talented then the other teams that they can just show up. What they are better at then anyone else is if an injury hits they can fill in without missing a beat and as we have seen Super Bowl winners tend to be the healthest team left in the tournament so I like their chances. A lot.
There is an opening for you in the White House PR Department.

Way off topic, but Tyrion is the best character in that series. And now that I think about it, he would be 1000 times better than The Fraudger as commissioner.
Anyone would be better than Goodell.

But, Peter D. is fantastic. How old is he? He could take over here when BB retires.

He was basically asked to give Bills fans hope. He basically said "If you get really lucky, you can catch them on a bad day, and Brady can't play forever.".

Did people really expect him to say "Well, I know what you're asking me, but snow will fly out of a camel's ass before the Bills will get past the Patriots again."?
That would have instilled some cred in him.

This is probably gonna get me flamed but take the whole quote in context and I actually agree with him. *takes a bath in bleach yuck ick blah!* the patriots are very good and on paper the best team in the league what they are not is Alabama taking on Appalachian State every week. I doubt we will see many 50-0 blowouts where they impose the mercy rule by the 3rd quarter. They don't have 15 All pro's and it's not the top end talent on the roster that is impressive. The patriots look so damn good because they are unbelievably deep. I feel that our 2nd string could give the bottom 10 teams starters a run for their money. When a guy like Mitchell is your 4th receiver or Rowe and Harmon coming off the bench holy crap it's not normal to have legit starting guys that low on the depth chart.

All of that said I guess my point is all it takes is an off week or one of the playoff teams playing really well for the pats to lose a game. They are not SO much more talented then the other teams that they can just show up. What they are better at then anyone else is if an injury hits they can fill in without missing a beat and as we have seen Super Bowl winners tend to be the healthest team left in the tournament so I like their chances. A lot.

Well last season was the first season in awhile where they didn't miss to much without Gronk. In the past if Gronk went down so did are Super Bowl chances.

Not invincible... I agree

Not that good (on paper).... Think he need to get a urine drug test....

So some more hot take guys riffing off Polian.

I like it because it kills so many to have to deal with the Patriots year after year. BB drives they guys nuts, I love the entertainment value of their agony.

Skip and Shannon with the hater Rob Parker claiming the Patriots won't make the playoffs, comparing us the the Panthers of last year.

Funny stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back