PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill O'Brien Gone: new OC at Ohio State

Shanahan/McVay/LaFleur tree for me regarding BOB bye...
Super Bowl Ok GIF by Pepsi

Shanahan/McVay/LaFleur tree for me regarding BOB bye...
Super Bowl Ok GIF by Pepsi
Overrated systems mostly they lose when it matters except that one year for McVay except I think that was more about the way they spent and traded draft assets for the immediate and not the future more than the system.

We'll see if Shanahan can finally get over the top this. I'm kinda rooting for him cause I don't really like Dan Campbell.

Bedard continued: “On Wednesday night, another team source confirmed that O’Brien wanted out but the two sides were doing a dance on whether or not the Patriots would be required to pay the final two years of O’Brien’s contract. ‘They don’t want to pay but I could see Billy saying, ‘You brought me back here and this is your fault – you’re paying.’ And he’d be totally right.'”

Sounds like BoB wanted to get the hell out of New England.
I can not blame him.
New unproven inexperienced head coach decades younger than him.
No QB. Bill gone. Complete coaching staff and roster redo.
Honestly, next years team will be like an expansion team.
Completely starting from scratch.

Almost a certainty Patriots will have a top 10 pick again in 2025 draft

If the guy has a contract and says I'm leaving and you say we are open to you staying and he says no, I think it's pretty much within you right to ask if he is breaking the contract and thus you should not have to pay the remaining contract. How is that cheap?
How many years on that contract? Is it open ended?

BOB goes to THE Ohio State University and the #1 qb recruit in the nation who signed with Alabama and BOB recruited goes into the transfer portal and transfers there. Along with their all American freshman S and starting C
Now Bama fans have a good reason to dislike him instead of whatever the eff was getting reported earlier.

Rumors heating up that BOB won’t be at OSU for long cause he’s the next HC for BC. Whoa

Seems like he could bring some relevance to BC.
Idk why anyone would think that. BoB made his career because he had a good offense for two years on a team that had prime Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Deion Branch, Randy Moss for a portion of the first year, Matt Light, Dan Connolly, Logan Mankins, Sebastian Vollmer. And then the second year he got Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley as RB's on top of already having Ben Jarvis Green Ellis.

Aside from that his offenses in Houston were always mediocre. He went to Alabama and almost every fan there thinks he sucked. Then he came here and had one of the worst offenses in history.

He's just a guy that road Tom and crew's coattails and milked it dry.

Idk why anyone would think that. BoB made his career because he had a good offense for two years on a team that had prime Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Deion Branch, Randy Moss for a portion of the first year, Matt Light, Dan Connolly, Logan Mankins, Sebastian Vollmer. And then the second year he got Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley as RB's on top of already having Ben Jarvis Green Ellis.

Aside from that his offenses in Houston were always mediocre. He went to Alabama and almost every fan there thinks he sucked. Then he came here and had one of the worst offenses in history.

He's just a guy that road Tom and crew's coattails and milked it dry.
If you weren't so busy hating you might recognize BC would compare to his time at Penn State.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back