PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill O'Brien Gone: new OC at Ohio State

If you weren't so busy hating you might recognize BC would compare to his time at Penn State.
It's not really hating to say the guy has under achived for the last 12 years except for the one time he had a stupidly loaded offense with the GOAT QB, GOAT TE, a top 3 all time WR, one of Tom Brady's other favorite WR's, the GOAT slot receiver, and a brick wall at offensive line.

I like BC. I'd rather they not jump on the BoB train

So much for BOB needing to honor his contract at Bama but not here.
That was always the BS line to support Bill's decision to install Patricia/Judge at OC/QB coach. My god every time I think about that I laugh.

Idk why anyone would think that. BoB made his career because he had a good offense for two years on a team that had prime Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Deion Branch, Randy Moss for a portion of the first year, Matt Light, Dan Connolly, Logan Mankins, Sebastian Vollmer. And then the second year he got Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley as RB's on top of already having Ben Jarvis Green Ellis.

Aside from that his offenses in Houston were always mediocre. He went to Alabama and almost every fan there thinks he sucked. Then he came here and had one of the worst offenses in history.

He's just a guy that road Tom and crew's coattails and milked it dry.

All those guys (BoB, Josh, Patricia, Judge) got exposed w/o Tom. The arrogance of them saying they could win with an avg. QB.

Their combined record as HCs:
BoB (52-48) .520 / playoffs (2-4) .333
Josh (20-33) .377 / no playoffs
Patricia (13-29) .314 / no playoffs
Judge (10-23) .303 / no playoffs
Combined (95-133) .417

People made fun of Lovie Smith (.479) and Jim Caldwell (.554), who each won an AFC/NFC championship, and were way better than these clowns.

I am good with whatever the Head Coach wants for now. 4-13 sucks, Rod Rust Era offense. I am reticent to say that it can't get worse, because that's when someone says "hold my beer" and it gets worse. For now, I am going to rely on him getting the right people. If he wants fresh minds in all three phases, great.
Patience is a virtue.

All those guys (BoB, Josh, Patricia, Judge) got exposed w/o Tom. The arrogance of them saying they could win with an avg. QB.

Their combined record as HCs:
BoB (52-48) .520 / playoffs (2-4) .333
Josh (20-33) .377 / no playoffs
Patricia (13-29) .314 / no playoffs
Judge (10-23) .303 / no playoffs
Combined (95-133) .417

People made fun of Lovie Smith (.479) and Jim Caldwell (.554), who each won an AFC/NFC championship, and were way better than these clowns.
You are blending their performance as HCs with OCs.

Yes- As HCs they were meh to disastrous.

Josh was fine as an OC w/ Cassel, Jimmy and Mac. Got blood out of a stone with Cam.

BoB did well with his QBs once he had decent ones.

Having a good to competent QB with decent talent on offense makes all the difference.

It's not really hating to say the guy has under achived for the last 12 years except for the one time he had a stupidly loaded offense with the GOAT QB, GOAT TE, a top 3 all time WR, one of Tom Brady's other favorite WR's, the GOAT slot receiver, and a brick wall at offensive line.

I like BC. I'd rather they not jump on the BoB train
It's not really being friendly to ignore the only job he's had that compares to this one.

BC alum and I think BoB probably will be the best coach BC has had in a while if he joins.

Halfley was a pretty good motivator and killed press conferences but didn’t do a great job developing players. Adazio and Spaziani sucked. Coach jags was probably the best coach in recent memory but that was 16+ years ago.

Castallanos, and BoB would be a good match.

Or Matty Ice
Back when I watched college ball I figured that Matt Ryan wouldn't make it as a pro QB but Michael Vick would. Shows you what I know.

Back when I watched college ball I figured that Matt Ryan wouldn't make it as a pro QB but Michael Vick would. Shows you what I know.
Doggy love aside I'd take either right now

So much for BOB needing to honor his contract at Bama but not here.
Bama didn’t fire his boss after luring him there, hire someone less qualified to be HC instead, and make a bunch of boneheaded decisions in the aftermath. Big difference.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back