PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick on press conferences: I actually enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Bill, love ya but you are lying your ass off.

I believe you thoroughly enjoy talking to fans about pertinent/fun subjects.

I don't believe you like talking to fans through the press.

I partly disagree - I almost feel like he's saying, "I know you all enjoy hearing me punk these losers. This one's for you" :D

I partly disagree - I almost feel like he's saying, "I know you all enjoy hearing me punk these losers. This one's for you" :D

So he likes the PCs because he gets to shred the press and bust their balls?

That is a very good possibility!

So he likes the PCs because he gets to shred the press and bust their balls?

That is a very good possibility!

No suffering of fools in Belichick Land...Each precious throat-clear is a special shoutout... I can feel the lurve...

I believe BB when he says he enjoys press conferences. You have to read between the lines for his nuances and snark. I say this because I'll never forget a line he had.

(when being asked about any personal affinity for the Cleveland Browns - that week's opponent & where he was the head coach for 5 years)

"I was there for five years. Those were five important years in my life -- for myself and my family and all that. But obviously, we've all moved on and I have a job to do here, and that's where my loyalty is -- to Robert [Kraft] and the Patriots organization and this football team. It's no different than how I feel, honestly, about the Colts or the Lions, or the Broncos...I feel differently about the Jets. We won't put them in that category."

Awesome! :D

Exactly!!

I think he very much gets it; exactly how we feel and what we want. He knows the vast majority of us would rather watch him troll the punkass Boston media and then roll the rest of the league, rather than give us all kinds of ultimately useless tidbits like other talkative coaches.

I believe BB when he says he enjoys press conferences. You have to read between the lines for his nuances and snark. I say this because I'll never forget a line he had.

(when being asked about any personal affinity for the Cleveland Browns - that week's opponent & where he was the head coach for 5 years)

Awesome! :D

It's funny you bring that up. When I hear fans of other teams bring up BB's "boring pressers", this is one of the gems I relate to them, along with the "car wash" line.

It's funny you bring that up. When I hear fans of other teams bring up BB's "boring pressers", this is one of the gems I relate to them, along with the "car wash" line.

Other fans really are dumb. They don't feel the need to listen hard or find the sarcasm in his words. They want bombastic, backflipping, fist pumping, catchphrase-spitting HCs that spoonfeed them clichés in a soundbyte-y type manner. If more folks listened to BB, they'd find him as comedic as any SNL sketch.

Deciphering a Belichick press conference is like the old cold war days when Kremlinologists would try to figure out what's going on in Moscow by the arrangement of top party hacks on the May Day parade reviewing stand. Come to think of it, Belichick's stoic expression reminds me a bit of Brezhnev's.

Other fans really are dumb. They don't feel the need to listen hard or find the sarcasm in his words. They want bombastic, backflipping, fist pumping, catchphrase-spitting HCs that spoonfeed them clichés in a soundbyte-y type manner. If more folks listened to BB, they'd find him as comedic as any SNL sketch.

And maybe, the wavering optimist in me hopes and prays, just maybe their IQs would go up a few points.

c6fa1QQ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes