PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick appreciation thread

Brady enhanced his legacy big time with a SB win a different team.

BB can match that if he coaches the Patriots to the Super Bowl this year. Doesn’t even have to win just get there with a rookie QB which has never been done before in history.

Just winning a playoff game with a rookie would be nice too. Rex Ryan did that with Sanchize with 2 road playoff wins. One of those wins was…well you know. :mad: Still can’t believe that happened.

Last edited:
Isn't it obvious? If not for the hit by Lewis the Pats are still being led by Bledsoe, and there's no way they win a SB with him as the QB of that team.
Don't even try to play that game with me. You are well-known on this board as a Brady >>>>>> BB guy.

The true purpose behind you bringing it up is to push your without Tom BB is nothing platform.

Brady enhanced his legacy big time with a SB win a different team.

BB can match that if he coaches the Patriots to the Super Bowl this year. Doesn’t even have to win just get there with a rookie QB which has never been done before in history.

Just winning a playoff game with a rookie would be nice too. Rex Ryan did that with Sanchize with 2 road playoff wins. One of those wins was…well you know. :mad: Still can’t believe that happened.
Bill doesn't need to match anything.

Dirty Sanchez won 2 road playoff games as a rookie in 2009. They beat us in 2010.

Bill doesn't need to match anything.

Dirty Sanchez won 2 road playoff games as a rookie in 2009. They beat us in 2010.
You're right. He beat the Bengals and then the Chargers that year.

2010 might be my second most annoying Pats loss after that Super Bowl...

You're right. He beat the Bengals and then the Chargers that year.

2010 might be my second most annoying Pats loss after that Super Bowl...
Dude that game was brutal.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Dude that game was brutal.
Oh yeah.

The Pats laid an egg in the Peyton Hillis game that year so I guess they were due for another one but there was no sign they weren't ready for the playoffs and they trucked the Jets as we all know. Averaged 37 points a game in the winning streak after that Browns game.

Still don't get it. Ryan and Scott gloating after the game was hard to stomach.

That game was bad but the 21-3 Colts loss is certainly #3 after the 2 Giants SB losses. Then the Eagles loss. The jets game sucked but the stakes weee not that high

Oh yeah.

The Pats laid an egg in the Peyton Hillis game that year so I guess they were due for another one but there was no sign they weren't ready for the playoffs and they trucked the Jets as we all know. Averaged 37 points a game in the winning streak after that Browns game.

The worst part of that loss is it takes some of the satisfaction punch out of the butt fumble. Don't get me wrong, FAVORITE play of all time. But knowing that that Jets team got the last laugh at the end of the season really sours it for me.

That game was bad but the 21-3 Colts loss is certainly #3 after the 2 Giants SB losses. Then the Eagles loss. The jets game sucked but the stakes weee not that high
For me if it was another team then eh, stuff happens.

But it was the freaking Jete and we let them do that in our house even when they were running their mouths taunting Brady Belichick and the Patriots before and after the game. Holmes doing airplanes on our field. Scott mocking our defense and calling Brady overrated. Rex after the game saying Brady wasn't that special and Manning was better - all that got under my skin. :mad: Still can't believe that happened.

Oh yeah.

2010 Pats were rolling going into the playoffs. They weren't tough or composed enough yet to take that next step. That game proved it.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
I have to apologize to everyone about the snowflake comment. It was over the top.

OK.
I'm happier that the Pats won.

Great!

If you weren't so busy trolling the Tompa Bay thread trying to stir things up you'd know that.

Aw, now dagnabbit man! You start with a sincere mea culpa, reconfirm your Pats allegiance then wreck it with this nonsense. I've posted there once in the past week-plus. That's your territory, not mine.

And if anyone should be happy about the Jets loss yesterday it should be the creator of the Jets Suck thread.

My posts there acknowledge that. If you're trying to insinuate I wanted them to beat Tampa you've got another guess coming.

Isn't it obvious? If not for the hit by Lewis the Pats are still being led by Bledsoe, and there's no way they win a SB with him as the QB of that team.
No it isn't obvious. Bill was dumping Bledsoe one way or another before the year was out.

2010 Pats were rolling going into the playoffs. They weren't tough or composed enough yet to take that next step. That game proved it.
They had a bad day. Upsets happen. Every team that loses a playoff game doesn’t have inherent flaws that mean they were never any good.
Of course when the solitary goal is to win the SB the ability to not have a bad day in the post season is the most important quality in a contender.

They had a bad day. Upsets happen. Every team that loses a playoff game doesn’t have inherent flaws that mean they were never any good.
Of course when the solitary goal is to win the SB the ability to not have a bad day in the post season is the most important quality in a contender.
I think this is applicable to many of the painful playoff losses where the Pats unexpectedly lost, or didn't play to their level for the given year. Ravens blowout, Philly super bowl and possibly Tom Brady's last game come to mind. The fact that the team has been so consistent in the playoffs when the pressure is on is taken for granted because we have been so spoiled. Another reason to appreciate BB.

I think this is applicable to many of the painful playoff losses where the Pats unexpectedly lost, or didn't play to their level for the given year. Ravens blowout, Philly super bowl and possibly Tom Brady's last game come to mind. The fact that the team has been so consistent in the playoffs when the pressure is on is taken for granted because we have been so spoiled. Another reason to appreciate BB.
I agree. Also, when a team plays so many playoff games over the years there is bound to be a few clunkers.

Wasn't that surprised by the loss to the Ravens. Maybe the blowout but the team honestly wasn't all that the whole year. Same for 2019 once the Ravens exposed the Boogeymen as pretenders. Philly Super Bowl loss was avoidable and I'll leave it at that.

The Jets loss was a shocker. Pats manhandled a really tough schedule that year so I really didn't see that coming.

Wasn't that surprised by the loss to the Ravens. Maybe the blowout but the team really wasn't all that the whole year. Same for 2019 once the Ravens exposed the Boogeymen as pretenders. Philly Super Bowl loss was avoidable and I'll leave it at that.
Agreed, I was referring to the magnitude of the loss vs the Ravens. Same with the Titans, the team just didn't show up. At least the Giant SB's were dog fights with the losses largely due to the other team making good plays at the right time. 6-3 is a great record given the level of the competition.

The worst part of that loss is it takes some of the satisfaction punch out of the butt fumble. Don't get me wrong, FAVORITE play of all time. But knowing that that Jets team got the last laugh at the end of the season really sours it for me.
If it makes you feel any better, the buttfumble was from the 2012 season, not 2010. Continue to laugh at the buttfumble to your heart’s content!

2009 and 2019 were just not good teams.
2017 was a very close championship game. Someone has to lose.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back