PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick’s empire has fallen. How will the Patriots pick up the pieces?

Does anyone remember the clip of BB walking and talking with TB12 and admitting that he just couldn't get this team to play the way he wanted them to play? I do. He is fallible and knows it . He understands the cost and the ups and downs. The weak only disregard the effort and emphasize the downs while safely guarded from the same scrutiny.
Whatever is being considered The Empire was never BBs take on the game. The media onslaught is equivalent to kicking a man when he's down, but is BB really down? Is this a certainty or wishful thinking? How would a pundit know what is inside BBs mind and spirit?
2009.. it was said during the Saints game. The difference that.. team was still talented offensively.. the next season they went 14-2. Your only as good as the people around you as it's said.. BB'S staff has taken huge hits over the years.. so more has been on his plate. Be it Earnie Adam's, Scar, and long tenured people like Flores as well. I didn't think we'd be this bad and having to go back into the draft like so many other franchises have had to do to find the QB.

We don't know why he went outside for help. Something was probably wrong inside. He has some other issues that concern me but looking around for help isn't one of those.
We obviously don't know the levels of how wrong. And I don't mean to defend Matty P but he was never given a chance and by not doing so it is my opinion that Mac in a small way tanked his own career by creating division and mistrust between him and the coaches.

Had we hired some young coach who had never coordinated before instead is not reasonable to think he would also get some things wrong compared to Josh? But Mac probably would have acted differently than he did with Patricia.

I just don't understand the logic in not buying in. How was it supposed to help his career? Did he think we would just think he was right and go hire someone else? Did he think he could just improve his game on his own by getting outside help and that it wouldn't impact his teammates that he openly didn't believe in his system?

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back