PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill and Randy memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I can never quite fathom is how he's called Randy Moss the smartest receiver he's ever coached. Smarter than Welker or even Edelman? That must be something.

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this piece. Thank you for posting it, though I had already read the article.

- Randy's first TD was blazing speed over triple coverage
- Smartest receiver he ever coached
- Team leader on the sidelines and team events like halloween
- Convinced Belichick to evolve his playbook and deep routes to allow optionality

For me,BB acknowledging Randy had an infectious attitude was the surprise of the night. Not that I thought he wasn't a good teammate (I'm throwing out 2010) but was that type of positive guy in the locker room.

The thing I can never quite fathom is how he's called Randy Moss the smartest receiver he's ever coached. Smarter than Welker or even Edelman? That must be something.
I wonder if it’s just a product of his unique skills. Like Randy Moss was an expert in how to use Randy Moss. And nobody else really was because nobody else ever really had to think about what you do with a guy like Moss.

@MoLewisrocks would have loved this. God rest his soul. He was a huge Moss fan and definitely thought Moss would be a first ballot HOFer.

Listen to them talk about coverages at the beginning. Moss is actually dictating/leading that conversation. His football IQ was off the charts.

We could of if we would of kept AB.

For me,BB acknowledging Randy had an infectious attitude was the surprise of the night. Not that I thought he wasn't a good teammate (I'm throwing out 2010) but was that type of positive guy in the locker room.

Yeah, 2010 was weird...Moss simply tuned out BB on the plane...then when he went to Minnesota...I remember him b!tching about the catering....

That being said....

Randy F$%&ing Moss, Man......

Honestly, I think he could suit up right now and catch 3-4 passes from Brady tonight....

Moss made any QB better. That’s not just athletic ability. He knew the coverages and showed them where to throw. Even if they missed the spot, he could get it. He’s 7/11, always open.

I wonder what really happened when the Pats released him. Rumour was that he was disruptive , but after this piece , I don’t think that was the whole story.

Am I the only one who thought this thread was going to be about BB's first sexual conquests?

I wonder what really happened when the Pats released him. Rumour was that he was disruptive , but after this piece , I don’t think that was the whole story.
$$$

This Brady-moss connection made senior year in high school amazing.

I remember all the stories about how Moss dogged it on certain plays, never gave 100%. Then he came to New England, and I saw all those plays and realized what he does looks effortless because he really is that damn good.

The man had such an incredibly smooth stride - he never looked like he was running full-out.

Those catches where it looks like he isn't going to get the ball, tips it, then catches it - he never looked like he was struggling, and just making a stab at it. His body control and hand-eye coordination was otherworldly.

I've said it before - many, many seasons I have cheered. Yelled. Screamed. I've gone to school on Monday after a big game (back in the 80's) barely able to talk. 2007 - I laughed. Every single game there was a catch by Moss that left me in awe.

Tom Brady is the Patriots version of Ted Williams - Moss was our Larry Bird.

Randy F$%&ing Moss, Man......

Honestly, I think he could suit up right now and catch 3-4 passes from Brady tonight....
If he suited up for today’s game he’d probably be the best WR on the Pats’ sideline. Jules would be his only real competition, if he were healthy. But he’s not.

50 touchdowns in 56 games as a Patriot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back