Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who's the biggest dumpster fire in the NFL so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious . . . at this point: what team is doing the best job at self-immolation and creating a hot mess so far?

And, before you flame me, please note the Patriots option is to help us identify trolls. :)

I'm going to go with the Giants, partly because I'm enjoying watching the fire. :D

Has to be the Giants right? Don't you hate Asante Samuel just a little bit more every time you see Gomer jr throw a pick?

Giants by a landslide. And I love it.

Jets by far. They are 3-3 but 2 of their 3 wins were lucky they should really be 1-5, if the Folk misses that lucky kick they would be 0-6. They would be 0-7 if this was week 8 and they had faced the Broncos or Seahawks.

Giants are one of the classiest organizations in football with the most passionate and knowledgeable fanbase. I expect them to right the ship and finish the season 9-7 and win the NFC East.

and you have the 3-3 jets to identify unreasonable homers?

I'm going with Tampa Bay simply because of Greg Schiano. This guy gets the best CB and goes out of his way to schematically neuter him. His staff was most probably involved in a classless smear campaign against a teammate. Worst of all, watch a Bucs game. They look like dead men, zombified, instinctively doing all the football motions, but lacking brain and heart.

The Giants lack talent and their QB is ice cold. The Bucs have these things and more.

Bucs. The Giants just aren't playing well, the Bucs have much larger issues off the field

Tampa. The Giants may stink on ice, but at least they aren't airing out all their dirty laundry in the media. Schiano is the biggest joke of a head coach in the NFL that I can recall in my lifetime.

It really depends on your definition of dumpster fire. Jags are the worst team, Giants are the most surprisingly bad. Tampa is the most creatively bad, but of the winless team they're the only one that I could see maybe salvaging a bit of respectability. It basically comes down to what happens first: they stop getting unlucky bounces or they quit on Schiano.

and you have the 3-3 jets to identify unreasonable homers?

I think it's so we can finally vote them into the dumpster fire hall of fame.

The Jaguars could very well be the worst team of all time, especially if Gabbert gets more starts.

The Giants are awful and their suckitude was much less expected, but they've been semi-competitive in a few games and at some point will string 2-3 wins together simply because their division blows.

Tampa Bay for sure. That roster looked pretty stacked in the preseason, especially the defense, and Freeman/Glennon should have been able to make some plays with VJax, Martin, and a solid OL. Yet now they're winless and it looks to be entirely Schiano's fault.

New York Giants. 2 seasons removed from a championship to now being the laughing stock of the NFL. Goes to show that it's better to be good than lucky.

As much as Tampa Bay has been making gossip headlines for their off- field issues, they've been very competitive in most of their games. Even with that, I was still surprised to read that Football Outsiders considers them to be the 0-5 team since 1989; at the same time Jacksonville continues on its weekly march towards football infamy, retaining their crown as the worst team ever:

Football Outsiders | Week 6 DVOA Rankings

Still, it's difficult to not choose the Giants. Jacksonville was expected to be the worst team in the NFL; the Giants were not expected to be this bad.

Offense:
17.2 Points Scored per Game (30th)
23 Giveaways (32nd)
53.6% Completion Rate (31st)
16 Interceptions (32nd)
62.1 Passer Rating (31st)
67.8 Yards Rushing per Game (30th)
3.6 Yards per Carry (27th)
4 Fumbles Lost (T-31st)
3.8 Third Down Conversions per Game (T-31st)
31.9% Third Down Conversion Rate (29th)
26:10 Avg Time of Possession (32nd)

Defense:
34.8 Points Allowed per Game (32nd)
7 Takeaways (T-26th)
123 Yards Rushing per Game (26th)
24.5 First Downs per Game (30th)
7.3 Third Down Conversions per Game (32nd)
48.9% Third Down Conversion Rate (30th)
33:50 Avg Time of Possession (32nd)

Other:
-16 Turnover Differential (32nd)
-106 Point Differential (31st)

DVOA:
Offense (28th); Defense (24th); S/T (30th); Overall (31st)

I can't really answer the poll definitively because of the self-immolation part. The Giants problems, for example, have a fair amount to do with injury, especially on their O-line.

The answer to the poll, IMO, might just be the Texans.

I can't really answer the poll definitively because of the self-immolation part. The Giants problems, for example, have a fair amount to do with injury, especially on their O-line.

The answer to the poll, IMO, might just be the Texans.
Them too.

They really should be 0-6 as well. Considering where they were last year until now, it's been beyond pathetic how they've fallen apart at the seams.

Tampa Bay for me. Rookie coach who doesn't know what he is doing who alienates and outs (drug history) his starting QB, making him untradeable and unusable to the team.

I still think somehow Coughlin and the Doofus will turn things around for the Giants. Not really sure what the heck happened there. I wish he would give some of his bad karma to his brother!

New York Giants. 2 seasons removed from a championship to now being the laughing stock of the NFL. Goes to show that it's better to be good than lucky.

I like to think of the Giants as a cautionary tale, at this point. This is what can happen if you don't keep pace with aging/injuries/FA on the offensive line. I think we're kinda spoiled in that, no matter what, our line will always be serviceable at worst under Scar, and seeing the Giants and Steelers right now should drive home exactly how awesome that is.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back