PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Ben is he really that dumb...???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who says he didn't... There were a couple of reasons Cowher took his sabatical...Ben was one of them...

Good point.

Makes you wonder about some of their fans have brain damage as well.

You know it when you have a certain amount of respect for an athlete and then he opens his mouth and you just lose it? thats what happend to me right now. didnt know Ben was that of a douchbag.

So raping a chick wasn't enough, but criticizing the Patriots really did it for you?

So raping a chick wasn't enough, but criticizing the Patriots really did it for you?

thats why i said a certain amount of respect, he lost most of it with the rape story (everybody gets a 2nd chance).

Ok, How long ago was "spygate" ??? Have the Patriots won any games since then? Why do players, commentators, or anybody for that matter still bring it up. Jeez It is quite obvious to me seeing the Patriots record since "spygate" that it didn't really mean a damn thing.

Ok, How long ago was "spygate" ??? Have the Patriots won any games since then? Why do players, commentators, or anybody for that matter still bring it up. Jeez It is quite obvious to me seeing the Patriots record since "spygate" that it didn't really mean a damn thing.

See thats the thing.....it didnt mean a damn thing....it was just Goodell trying to make a point and pointing his finger at the big bad Pats, and nothing happened. The organization moved on and almost went 19 - 0.

Opposing teams and fans like to bring it up just because they have nothing else bad to say about the Pats.

the word is "whether" not weather.if you are going to criticize people for being dumb, at least learn to spell.
Plenty of smart people can't spell. One has nothing to do with the other.

Spygate will never end in that fanbase.

It's part of the myth and it's bigger now because of the post-Spygate games.

These idiots go irate when I tell them Spygate was used by BB to make the Pats-Steelers games interesting vs the complete beatdowns post-Spygate.

This is also the same group that thinks proper interpretation of the valid "Tuck Rule" was cheating but officials admitting they threw SB XL was nothing.

the word is "whether" not weather.if you are going to criticize people for being dumb, at least learn to spell.

Bingo. And it's consistent, not "consistant." Glass houses, you know...

And I suspect the Steelers intentionally bring up Spygate because they know its needles some Patriots. Sure, I believe among Ben and friends a few remain convinced Spygate cost them some SB's but the needling seems more plausible now.

On a practical note - use Mozilla Firefox for your browser - it has a built in spell check for any typing you do online. It makes me look wicked smaht all the time!

Last edited:
i was just watching comcast sports net and they are interviewing "the burger" and they ask him a question
and he says "they are very consistant football team you can say what you want weather its the spy thing or whatever it was "

did anyone else catch that what the hell is he saying????

I happen to know someone who went to college with this clown. And apparently he is a) as dumb as he seems b) as big of a jerk as he seems.

It's not right to doubt ben roethlisberger's dumbness. Just look at him

I couldn't stand fat Ben from the beginning when he made that ridiculous statement about the refs and league protecting the "marquee QBs" now I really can't stand him.
At this point, I wish Belichick would let the Pats players talk more ish to the media. Brady would be even more likable to opposing fans if he said in one of his pressers..

"They are a very consistent football team, you can say what you want whether it's the referees, the commissioner who don't suspend the QB for the season after he raped a couple girls or whatever it is."

Sportscenter would love this story and this game would be even more hyped up, than the Dallas vs the lousy Eagles game.

Last edited:
You know it when you have a certain amount of respect for an athlete and then he opens his mouth and you just lose it? thats what happend to me right now. didnt know Ben was that of a douchbag.

Where've ya been the last 6 years?

That's probably the best comment I've read here in months. Really puts things in perspective.

Hector and I approve!

That's odd. I live here in Pittsburgh, and have been shown countless upon countless number of interviews where Ben and ALL the Steelers have shown nothing but respect for Tom Brady (Ben saying he is the best ever and the norm of the NFL Quarterback) and the Patriots. Tomlin has a tight noose on this group and everything you read is basically taking out of context nowadays.

*****MOD EDIT: THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH IS A COMPLETE FABRICATION BY A STEELER FAN WITH ZERO CONSCIENCE: HE/SHE HAS BEEN PM'ED TO COME UP WITH PROOF OF THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT AND IMMEDIATELY LOGGED OFF THIS WEBSITE:*******

The only trash talking I've heard is from Tom Brady telling the Boston Globe he "owns **** LeBeau." That's trash talk to me, not Roethlisberger telling the media that New England is a fairly consistent team no matter WHAT and that Tom Brady is the face of the NFL and they need to keep him clean. All obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's odd. I live here in Pittsburgh, and have been shown countless upon countless number of interviews where Ben and ALL the Steelers have shown nothing but respect for Tom Brady (Ben saying he is the best ever and the norm of the NFL Quarterback) and the Patriots. Tomlin has a tight noose on this group and everything you read is basically taking out of context nowadays.

The only trash talking I've heard is from Tom Brady telling the Boston Globe he "owns **** LeBeau." That's trash talk to me, not Roethlisberger telling the media that New England is a fairly consistent team no matter WHAT and that Tom Brady is the face of the NFL and they need to keep him clean. All obvious.

I've not heard Brady claim that he owns LeBeau at all. I've heard him asked a question where the interviewer makes that claim, but Brady shot down the notion.

I've not heard Brady claim that he owns LeBeau at all. I've heard him asked a question where the interviewer makes that claim, but Brady shot down the notion.

Pretty sure Brady never said that either. But, we can't let facts get in the way of our Pittsburgh visitors enjoying their time trolling here this week. They're on a roll.

Last edited:
Trolling? I never troll, haha. When is it okay to just talk football without labeled to be a troll? I'm not here to stir the pot whatsoever. I hate New England, but respect them. If there's any team not to trash talk being a Steelers fan, it's the Pats for obvious reasons. It looks to me, like everyone is grasping for straws to get heated up about within the fanbase when in reality, there's not really much trash talk going on at all.

I have N.E winning this one. Until we can rattle Brady just a tad, I don't see us being able to contend with the mis-match's like Gronkowski, Hernandez, Welker, etc. The Steelers offense can scorch the Pats D for sure, but they still remain a work in progress and are FAR too inconsistent to get in a shootout with Brady.

The Steelers fanbase wants this bad, very bad. Heinz Field is going to be deafening but we want the Baltimore game more next week.

Trolling? I never troll, haha. When is it okay to just talk football without labeled to be a troll? I'm not here to stir the pot whatsoever. I hate New England, but respect them. If there's any team not to trash talk being a Steelers fan, it's the Pats for obvious reasons. It looks to me, like everyone is grasping for straws to get heated up about within the fanbase when in reality, there's not really much trash talk going on at all.

Nonsense. You're trolling multiple threads.

I have N.E winning this one. Until we can rattle Brady just a tad, I don't see us being able to contend with the mis-match's like Gronkowski, Hernandez, Welker, etc. The Steelers offense can scorch the Pats D for sure, but they still remain a work in progress and are FAR too inconsistent to get in a shootout with Brady.

The Steelers fanbase wants this bad, very bad. Heinz Field is going to be deafening but we want the Baltimore game more next week.

The Patriots are coming off of a bye week, historically do well against the Patriots and are adding quality/healthier players to the mix. The Steelers would do well not to get overhyped for this game. If they invest too much into this game and lose, it could leave them drained for next week, and they've already been woodshedded by the Ravens once this season.

Brady's never said that. The media has been beating that drum, but Brady would never make a rediculous claim like that. This isn't a Rex Ryan team. Feel free to post a link to the Boston Globe article to prove your point though if you want to stand by your statement, because I can guarantee you made that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes