PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Bad Browner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the gifs BigTrain. What is obvious from them is that unless a WR makes a supreme effort,
Browner will not be blocked by him. He is a superior play-blower-upper. I also agree that while he
is excellent down low, he will need help up top.

P.S.: you guys were robbed by the zebras v the Stealers; and Thank You for giving us the 4th-best
Super Bowl ever.

You're welcome for the .gifs. Thanks for mentioning the Super Bowl XL. That was rough. It was so rough I wasn't able to watch that game again since it happened. After this years Super Bowl I forced myself to watch it though and we got royally screwed in that one. It hurt bad for quite a few years because I didn't feel like we were given an equal chance. It actually still hurts. This years Super Bowl helped quite a bit though.

I am definitely rooting for Browner to do great things for you guys. What will really help your safeties is that you have Revis on one side so you can focus extra attention to Browners side. You can leave Revis on his Island and focus some attention to Browner's side. It should work out well for you guys. It's not really Browners fault either, he is so big that he can have a little trouble with change of directions. He definitely is fast though for his size though.

This is the kind of speed I am talking about from your safety or at least approaching this.
EarlThomasMissile2.gif

Earl Thomas is so fast and I think that is the best way to help Browner with his minimal shortcomings because he is good at so many other things.

BB is a great coach though so I know he knows all the stuff I am telling you after watching Browner for the last few years.

Hey guys,

Seahawks fan here. I figured you guys want to see a few more browner .gifs that I hadn't seen posted here in this thread. I didn't look around or anything else.

Here he is playing the pitchman and the RB against the Panthers. He plays this about as good as you can play it.
72970_BrownerStrip.gif

Here is another angle on the Welker play.

74037_BrownerWelker.gif

Here are a few of him playing a little bubble screen to Tavon Austin.

BrownerAustin1.gif

BrownerAustin2.gif

BrownerAustin3.gif

I really hope he works out well for you guys. You just need to give him safety help over the top since he can get beat deep but if you take care of that he is very effective.

beautiful

Hey guys,

Seahawks fan here. I figured you guys want to see a few more browner .gifs that I hadn't seen posted here in this thread. I didn't look around or anything else.

Here he is playing the pitchman and the RB against the Panthers. He plays this about as good as you can play it.
72970_BrownerStrip.gif

Here is another angle on the Welker play.

74037_BrownerWelker.gif

Here are a few of him playing a little bubble screen to Tavon Austin.

BrownerAustin1.gif

BrownerAustin2.gif

BrownerAustin3.gif

I really hope he works out well for you guys. You just need to give him safety help over the top since he can get beat deep but if you take care of that he is very effective.

Thanks, and welcome to the board!

Besides the 16 Pats games, the games I'm looking forward to the most is Seahawks-49ers. How do you think you guys will fair this year? Do you think you guys have a chance to repeat?

Also, do you think you guys will miss Browner in your secondary?

Thanks, and welcome to the board!

Besides the 16 Pats games, the games I'm looking forward to the most is Seahawks-49ers. How do you think you guys will fair this year? Do you think you guys have a chance to repeat?

Also, do you think you guys will miss Browner in your secondary?

I am glad you look forward to those because they are great games to watch. Both teams play physical football. Chancellor has put quite a few hard hits on Vernon Davis. I like legal, hard hits. Both teams run the ball well and actually despite the yardage numbers have efficient passing offenses. The teams hate each other. The fanbases hate each other. Just fun all around. I am glad we got 3 of those games last year.

I think the Seahawks have a great chance to repeat this year. They have a young roster still. I believe they were the youngest Super Bowl champion in history or at least top 2. We have had to pay some of our stars but we still are well under the cap for when we have to pay Wilson next year. The roster is stacked pretty well with young guys just waiting in the wings.

As far as Browner goes, he was replaced during the season by Byron Maxwell due to his suspension and Maxwell performed very well. I believe that Browner was going to have a hard time getting his job back. I would have loved to have had him back but there was honestly no guarantee he would have started. That is not a knock on Browner either. Maxwell is really good. I really think you guys are gonna love Browner.

This guy is the EXACT type of player this D needs. Glad the FO brought him in

The team could use another one at safety and they would have possibly the most physical back end in football, right up there with bigtrain's team.

How has he been looking the past few days at practice?

How has he been looking the past few days at practice?

Looked alright today. Wasn't his handsy physical self from what I saw. Almost made a point of laying off receivers which hurt his game. However, in one on ones he ran with everyone well. I didn't notice him getting burned (didn't have a great view...). Got beat on a nice throw to a taller receiver on the sideline, wasn't much he could do. Kind of like Hightower getting beat on a wheel (? Down the sideline anyway?) By McCoy while in his hip pocket. Perfect throw over the top...six inches short it hits him in the head, six inches long and probably out of bounds. He was audibly frustrated with the catch...

No doubt Welker remembered this play and it was in his head when he dropped that pass and Browner ending up getting the INT.

Welker was scared of the bogeyman. Big Bad Browner.

74037_BrownerWelker.gif

For the guy who was saying pro athletes have zero fear, take a look at Welker dropping that catch. He was scared of being hit by Browner and dropped the ball.

So yes, just like we were all saying earlier. The element of intimidation/fear plays a big role in the secondary and can make a difference.

he's a baaaaddd man

He's starting to get it going, teams better look out for this beast because he'll take your head off

Imagine how good Browner would be if it weren't for the soft rules and "emphasis" in todays NFL.

If he played 10-15 years ago when DB's could get away with more physicality, Browner wouldve been the best CB in the league.

i knew i wouldn't regret getting his jersey :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3