PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bielema gets BB subpoenaed.

i love this story... its just so ... College football and Krafty Bill lol

I wonder... can you actually be compelled to testify in a civil suit?

If so, wonder of he gets to testify with zoom because of the covid ... he goes to arkansas, he will have to quarantine, wont he?

BB is better off having his lawyers try to quash this

Hopefully he could provide a virtual deposition, the worst case scenario.

If so, wonder of he gets to testify with zoom because of the covid ... he goes to arkansas, he will have to quarantine, wont he?

He’s just better off not going to Arkansas altogether. What a god awful state.

Is this the crappy OLine coach ?

Very curious on so many levels:
First, I want to know who pays the coach directly, the University or the Foundation.
If it is 100% the University, then why does the Foundation have legal standing?
Second, is a $125k NFL consulting salary deemed inadequate by the Foundation? I suspect there are dozens of NFL consultants who wish they earned a fraction of that amount.
Third, I am amused that the Foundation believes the former coach will automatically secure a high salaried football position.

I agree. It is a very interesting story. Sorry that BB had to get thrown into it, but a pretty good story.

“Hey, sorry to tell you this, but you’re ****...and you’re fired!!”

Bielema goes on coaching search, finds that many people except for personal connections also think he is ****.

“Guys, I can’t find a good job. I need ya’ll to pay the difference.”

The University/foundation scoff at the idea.
“Impossible!!! You’re a great HC. Your record speaks for itself. You have three.....THREE Rose Bowl appearances!!!!”

:maybenot:

Very curious on so many levels:
First, I want to know who pays the coach directly, the University or the Foundation.
If it is 100% the University, then why does the Foundation have legal standing?
Second, is a $125k NFL consulting salary deemed inadequate by the Foundation? I suspect there are dozens of NFL consultants who wish they earned a fraction of that amount.
Third, I am amused that the Foundation believes the former coach will automatically secure a high salaried football position.
They just don't want to pay him

The 3 most valid and intelligent words you can say in a deposition are "I don't remember"

Yes. That's kind of what a subpoena is. Now, of course, Belichick still has rights, including the right not to self-incriminate so you can't be compelled to testify in such a situation.... but I don't see this as an example where he would invoke his rights under the 5th amendment...

It sure seems to me that the contract was between Bielema and Arkansas. Belichick and the Patriots have no legal obligation towards either party (other than the small amount of money paid in exchange for consultancy). Bielema may have been contractually obligated to try to get a high paying job, but the Patriots sure as hell weren't under any obligation to give him one.

Last edited:
The crappy DL coach who thought his sh!t didn't stink and who pissed off half of his linemen...
Given his size and his likely diet, I’d hazard a guess that his **** does, indeed, stink. Horribly.

I'm in a suit now and it was deposition by zoom. Its no big deal.

"I don't know"
"I don't remember"
"I don't recall"

Are all perfectly legal responses. A high level attorney in the State once told me that, and said its the safest response as to not get yourself into any trouble (because you absolutely can get yourself in trouble even if you haven't done anything wrong)

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back