PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2024 QB/PTP Thread

Spencer Rattler is going to show this draft process is crap. He will outperform the top QBs taken, Williams, Daniels, and Maye.

Spencer Rattler=Brett Favre.

If we don’t trade back, maybe twice, and draft Williams, Maye, or Mac—this will be a missed opportunity that fans will rue.

We should only draft the following:

Spencer Rattler
Michael Penix
Bo Nix
Joe Milton

Stay away from the other hyped up prospects

There, said my peace.

Can Rattler be worse than Mac Jones? Is that possible? Obviously Rattler would be a huge upgrade for the Pats.

I am all aboard the double dipping on QB with Joe Milton Day 3 train. After watching a couple of his worst 2024 games (all snaps), I don't get the inaccurate label. Dude threw 66.7% against Top 25 teams his last 2 years. I just see drops by mediocre receivers and PIs. I see a lot of really good short throws down the line or across the middle. Yeah he's made mistakes (locking into first read sometimes... ok maybe more than that), but they all have. Not gonna get into footwork because I can't evaluate that.

I also rewatched the Combine, and I couldn't believe not only did he throw 70 actual air yards a couple of times*, but he hit these guys multiple times in stride - guys he wasn't familiar with.

I have a a feeling someone's gonna take him "early" - say 4th round. I'd be comfortable with a 6th.

*JAllen only got to 67yds in the Combine but did 77yds at his pro day, but didn't really have anyone catch much of his long throws. Milton supposedly got to 80yds in his pro day - didn't see it so I won't believe until I see actual tape of it. They say Penix got up to 75yds in his pro day but I just saw about 67 actual air yards.

Edit: Plus he's got a Michigan degree. Pretty sure he graduated in 3 years.
THEY DID IT!!! THEY DID THE THING!!!

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back