PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2024 OT/PTP Thread

McCarthy will be gone by 11, his ceiling is so high someone will take a flyer on him. Maybe Nix will be around at 11. Neither will be around at 23.

I like Daniels and Maye, but I do not think either will be great. At his age, Daniels will not fill out much more, and he will not last. Maye is a big boy but I wonder if he will ever will accurate enough. The QB has to be a pocket passer with great accuracy and a quick release, or a scrambler that can make plays, I am not sure that Maye is either. I don't think Daniels is Jackson or Maye is Allen.

McCarthy or Nix might be the play. It is very tricky picking at #3 because there are so many options with the enormous trade down options. SF proved in 2021 that picking at #3 is a guarantee of nothing.
There’s an offense out there for both Nix and Penix. They just need to be selected by the right team

There’s an offense out there for both Nix and Penix. They just need to be selected by the right team

The chance of Williams, Maye, Daniels, McCarthy, Nix and Penix all being starters is zero. So you can ask the question who from the group will be an All-Pro, or ask the question which ones will bust. I think it might be easier to predict the busts, as opposed to the All-Pros.

Williams - crying with his mother - could bust
Maye - footwork is sketchy, a bunch of easy passes off line - footwork is fixable, Maye is young and big - not a bust
Daniels - runs too much for a slight guy - not good at the short game - older player - could bust
McCarthy - Why did Harbaugh hold him back? - not a great long passing game or throwing to the left - the best athlete overall and ran a pro style offense successfully - still young - not a bust
Penix - big kid - big arm - huge injury risk - not a bust but injuries will slow him down in his early 30s, if not before
Nix - ??? - I do not have an opinion - seems like a solid guy, older, - will not bust, but never be great?

You could add Joe Milton who has a cannon arm and Josh Allen-sized body. A definite project with a towering upside.

You could add Joe Milton who has a cannon arm and Josh Allen-sized body. A definite project with a towering upside.

Milton threw the ball at 62mph at the combine. McCarthy threw the ball at 61mph at the combine. Either Milton's arm is not a cannon or McCarthy's arm is strong like Lazar says.

I think Alt is too tall. Stiff lower body. I like the Penn State guy, Olu Fashanu, better for LT.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back