PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2023 WR/PTP Thread

Think what they do in free agency will dictate what they plan on doing in the draft. Not sure what they would do, but hope they secure the O-line and CB spot. I'd still take flowers with our second though, we desperately need a Slot WR, who can take it underneath and get YAC. We've lacked that guy since Edelman and if Bill O'brien comes back we need that Slot guy. Lets just hope they make the right moves this off season.
In terms of Free Agency, what would you like to see them do?

In terms of Free Agency, what would you like to see them do?

If they can i'd like them to go after Orlando Brown and that would be our LT, since week 10 he's been one of the better LT in the league, he did struggle early on in the season. Not sure why or how, but he improved as the season went on and is the best OT in free agency. He's looking at around 23m a season though, so it depends if BB wants to go and get him. He could also get Franchised again by the Chiefs. If we don't get a LT in free agency, i want Paris Johnson.

Tremaine Edmunds would be a brilliant signing, but again i'm not sure if the Bills would let him walk and he's going to be getting big money i think, around 15-20m, based on what Roquan Smith has got.
Devin Bush would be interesting guy and wouldn't cost huge money, he would give us a sideline to sideline LB for the first time, but not sure if he would be a great scheme fit, as he's not great against the run, but we may just resign Mack Wilson to fill that role.

I'd like us to get a bigger corner as we lack size there, and it got exposed against the bengals, we had Marcus jones against Tee Higgins and that was just a mismatch waiting to happen. I'm not sure if Jonathan Jones will be back. I'd like to see Jamel Dean, more of a physical outside Corner, but i think he may make more money than we'd be comfortable giving.

Obviously i'd like us to bring Meyers back, but he could get a bigger deal than we would offer him. I think we could be looking at some new WRs in this system next season.

Looked at the Shrine Bowl list (thanks to Snooky97) that the Pats will be coaching, and while I'm excited to see how ZFlowers does, I'm rooting for Jake Bobo (6'5" 215) for reasons unrelated to football. He looks like a poorer than poor man's Quentin Johnston, with a 6'0" HJ and 42' Triple Jump in HS (where RKK's kid went to). As more of a possession receiver, his top end speed is sorely lacking (and he might not even run a good 40), so he's probably not a guy I'd want the Pats to get, but I hope he does well, regardless.

Tank Dell?

Like Marcus Jones. Electric in the open field.

LOL when's the last time the Patriots drafted a GOOD WR? Julian Edelman in 2009. That's a 13 year DROUGHT!!

4foznf.jpg

I imagine that those closer to the bottom of the list have a higher % of passes thrown them within 5 yards of the LOS than those closer to the top of the list, where double-coverage & contested catches can wreak havoc on the concentration... Still, impressed with Flowers here because I've seen him go deep from time to time; not sure about Addison or Downs that way...

I imagine that those closer to the bottom of the list have a higher % of passes thrown them within 5 yards of the LOS than those closer to the top of the list, where double-coverage & contested catches can wreak havoc on the concentration... Still, impressed with Flowers here because I've seen him go deep from time to time; not sure about Addison or Downs that way...
As an aside, I watched Addison's highlights from 2021 (100rec/1600yds/17TDs), and imho, Steelers HAVE to do everything in their power to get him because he and Pickett have that connection like Burrow/Chase... which means I hope they don't do that.

As an aside, I watched Addison's highlights from 2021 (100rec/1600yds/17TDs), and imho, Steelers HAVE to do everything in their power to get him because he and Pickett have that connection like Burrow/Chase... which means I hope they don't do that.

Joey Porter, Sr. wouldn’t be pleased about that

Addison is not a speed guy. Looks like a 4.5 guy. I think the Steelers prefer faster receivers

Addison is not a speed guy. Looks like a 4.5 guy. I think the Steelers prefer faster receivers
Curious to see what he'll run the 40 at, especially with the recent injury. He ran 10.85 in the 100m in 11th grade, though, which is pretty fast. The splits will be telling.

Bacon: that Marvin Mims kids looks very good what's your take??
Gotta @ me man lol!

A lot of those Oklahoma guys know to stem off the line and restem near the top of the route. He's good at creating space for himself that way. Very good tracker with real NFL speed and acceleration. He knows how to work the top of his routes and get open. His ball skills are plus. He has like 20 TD in 3 years and averages 20 per rec. Good blocker and versatile. Small sample size but he handled press well.

He's a right up there with Flowers and Co. Top of that second, second and half tier.

Yeah, I'm a big fan. I just don't see us going with a WR early, depending on what we do in the off season
There should be plenty WR's available in Round 2 a place we always seen to draft them. I hope we double dip as this as good a year as any to do that.

He's a speedy version of Edelman if you ask me a Beast after the catch. I hope we like him I would take him in the first love his route running and yac ability.

Boutte does have talent that you can see on tape I think he's going to drop and be good value in the Third: steal in the Fourth. Josh Downs have Patriots Slot Receiver written all over him Downs should make an impact for the Slot from day 1. I think Hyatt and Addison I really love Hyatt because he reminds me of Terry Glenn but Addison is really solid too I would love either.

Gotta @ me man lol!

A lot of those Oklahoma guys know to stem off the line and restem near the top of the route. He's good at creating space for himself that way. Very good tracker with real NFL speed and acceleration. He knows how to work the top of his routes and get open. His ball skills are plus. He has like 20 TD in 3 years and averages 20 per rec. Good blocker and versatile. Small sample size but he handled press well.

He's a right up there with Flowers and Co. Top of that second, second and half tier.
@Baccon: Love your analysis Brother the stem and restem I see quite a few prospects doing them at will. Some of these prospects can separate well that's a recipe for success in the pros.

Bacon that WR:Nathaniel "Tank" Dell what's your thoughts? He has moves in the open field very difficult to cover and a return man to boot. Tank Dell is also from Houston and picked up where CB Marcus Jones left off as a returner. Let's go to that school again.

Boutte does have talent that you can see on tape I think he's going to drop and be good value in the Third: steal in the Fourth. Josh Downs have Patriots Slot Receiver written all over him Downs should make an impact for the Slot from day 1. I think Hyatt and Addison I really love Hyatt because he reminds me of Terry Glenn but Addison is really solid too I would love either.
Boutte is one of the most interesting guys in this years WR draft. The not declaring and then suddenly declaring is interesting especially with the Rumors surrounding why he done it. You also need to check his medicals out as he never looked like he fully recovered from his ankle injury. He’s boom or bust in my opinion.

Boutte is one of the most interesting guys in this years WR draft. The not declaring and then suddenly declaring is interesting especially with the Rumors surrounding why he done it. You also need to check his medicals out as he never looked like he fully recovered from his ankle injury. He’s boom or bust in my opinion.
With those medicals it wouldn't shock me if he goes on Day 3. That's why guys like him end up boom or bust I would take the chance.

@Baccon: Love your analysis Brother the stem and restem I see quite a few prospects doing them at will. Some of these prospects can separate well that's a recipe for success in the pros.

Bacon that WR:Nathaniel "Tank" Dell what's your thoughts? He has moves in the open field very difficult to cover and a return man to boot. Tank Dell is also from Houston and picked up where CB Marcus Jones left off as a returner. Let's go to that school again.
Very productive. Seen him run quite a few option routes. Electric feet, nightmare in close quarters. He's in thar 2nd tier next to Flowers, Downs etc

Very productive. Seen him run quite a few option routes. Electric feet, nightmare in close quarters. He's in that 2nd tier next to Flowers, Downs etc
Thanks: very interesting that you mentioned Tank Dell among Flowers and Downs. I love all three for the Patriots their route running is very similar to what we are used from Branch - Welker and Edelman walking first downs. :cool:

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back